for The Duke's Eldest Daughter

11/21/2020 c1 ruth hammond
This is wonderful! Pay for your sins, "My Lovelies." Tradition will get you one way or another.
9/12/2020 c1 32Jake Crepeau
Actually, your ending is quite consistent with some of Lackey's songs. (My personal favorite is, "It was a dark and stormy night, or so the heralds say...") ;D
10/15/2019 c1 LadyPhoenix68
I do like this tale and I love her songs.

I would love to see what you do with Lammas Night.
8/19/2019 c1 Cateagle
Very nice and very true to Misty's touch with stories, both written and sung.
7/9/2017 c1 12Doomspark Deathfire
Not bad, not bad at all.

Your writing's improved drastically since 2006, by the way. Perhaps one day you'll come back to this one and do a face-lift.
3/25/2017 c1 666neko
I really like your story and I love the Valdemar series do you think you could write some more? if so I would love to read them.
6/7/2016 c1 Crest1
Thank you for the fic - I am a huge fan of Misty Lackey's, loved to read your story. You might want to elaborate a little - the idea is worth an entire novel. If you got Misty's permission to use her song as an inspiration and decided to write that novel, I'd even be willing to buy it.
Thanks again
Crest of Arkon
8/9/2012 c1 wendums
very good story. Thanks
7/18/2008 c1 61Stormshadow13
This was pritty good.

I'm glad that someone wrote a story for this song.
6/20/2006 c1 2Hermione16
What a great fic. I loved reading it.
6/12/2006 c1 George Bassy
cute are you going to make this longer later?

~GB
5/16/2006 c1 5catwraith
Aw! That's so sweet. I really want to hear the song now. I've read the lyrics, but I don't have the CD yet. I hope to get it for my birthday. Now I can't wait. Lovely story.

catwraith
5/14/2006 c1 Thessaly
It's not bad, it just doesn't belong here. The thing I don't get about people who post in a super-obscure category like this is that, a) you'll get yelled at and b) no one will read your story anyway.

There's a Miscellaneous section under Books, where this probably belongs. There might even be a Mercedes Lackey section in the Books - I'm not sure. Anyway, I'd recommend moving this one. Trust me, no one here is going to read it.

And I'd say that "Jane" is a bit of a boring name for a Lackey court character, especially if you're nicking canon names for the sisters. Elspeth and Talia and...Jane? Couldn't you have given her a name that was both awkward and a little more interesting? Like, I don't know, Cordelia, or something? Likewise, a little more explanation with Ashteron would have been awesome. It'll hold up better if we like your hero as well as your heroine.

Cheers, and go see what's available in Books.