for The Doorway Final Version

"complete!?"
9/22/2019 c6 aloysius.indrayanto
Please update soon.
9/9/2019 c6 WD
Very Well Done; Please continue!
2/28/2018 c6 Nameless
Great story,
Where is the rest of it?
I hope there is more on the way.
7/1/2017 c6 missmeow1968
oh so Q comes for a visit now this shal be fun to see the out come . Ivonova what a great use her temper very cool . Deleen is was awesome Citizen G'Kar going to be around soon? thank you good scribe Michelle
6/24/2017 c6 AphroditesSon
I love it, please update soon. I Know it has been a long time but this is really great. Keep up the excellent writing my friend.
12/19/2016 c6 duskhharder
A little slow at first. At least you didn't start in the middle of a battle like some of the others I have read. But really: the Borg, a jump back in time *AND* you introduce Q⁉ A little much don't you think? I wish you didn't abandon it. All the stories I have read on this site are abandoned, and not picked up. I want to see how they get back home ‼‼
1/19/2016 c5 1majorshane
I just feel like Admiral Picard ordering the Vulcan Captain T'Fal to consider the debris top secret is very totalitarian. They only know that its 4 billion years old. You know what else is four Billion years old? The earth. Making a connection between the debris (that might be from another universe) and the Progenitors based on an approximate age is ridiculous. Even if they had hard proof of Progenitor technology, WHY would that be classified!?

It seems like something more military based organizations (Like the Earth Alliance) would do. And why did he ask his staff how they travel at warp? Every species ever encountered in Star Trek that has any form of FTL has had warp drive. A small few also have other means of FTL, but they also have warp. That the beings on the other side use something other that warp is something his staff should discover, and Picard should find fascinating. I find the whole tone of your story to be rather bleak on the Star Trek side. Babylon 5 was about getting along with and forging relationships with aliens that are different from you to prevent war. Surrounded by darkness and fighting for the light. Star Trek is about exploration, the wonder of discovery. The Enterprise crew should be excited about meeting new people and new civilizations! So that being said, why are they going in cloaked? How is spying on their new neighbors going to build trust and understanding? It's not. Exploration is risky, but its what Star Fleet is about. Boldly going and meeting new people not knowing how things will turn out but choosing to focus on the similarities between us and building from there. Going to a new area and NOT hailing them in open greeting and friendship is not how star fleet operates. It's not how Captain Picard operates. Cloaking the ship AFTER being detected and not opening any communication at all? That's worse than the Romulans! The people on the B5 side have done nothing to earn the distrust of the Enterprise crew. Knowingly going into foreign territory, being seen, refusing to communicate, THEN activating a stealth system for the purpose of espionage is pretty universally considered an act of aggression. Captain Picard should know that the actions hes taking will result in higher suspicion and lower trust, two ingredients that can lead to war. Star Fleet doesn't want another war, so why are they taking actions that could provoke one? Captain Picard should be hailing B5 and introducing himself right away! Instead he's acting paranoid and insecure. I get that they are unfamiliar with the Romulan technology, but the fact that they planned to go in with the cloak active in the first place is completely bogus. It's not that things can or will go wrong, its that Picard and the Enterprise are IN the wrong.
1/19/2016 c4 majorshane
Why would Star Fleet classify the existence of professor Galen's research? That doesn't make any sense at all. It goes against the culture of the Federation to classify something that poses no danger to its citizens (the Genesis wave, the Iconian gateway, the time travel slingshot formula, or the Shedai Meta-genome I can understand). Other governments are already aware of it. Most importantly it shows that we are not so different after all. The various humanoid races have a common origin. Such an idea lends itself to Federation ideals of peaceful coexistence. I'm going to continue reading your story but you need to watch it. If you made a mistake then no worries its an easy fix. If you changed continuity for your story that's totally cool, provided you have good motivation and reason. "Star Fleet had decided to classify... the incident" that's not an explanation at all. Why would they do that? Star Fleet and the Federation is all about scientific discovery and this is the biggest discovery in centuries! The discovery happened in a pre-dominion war era, a time of peace. Even if the discovery had happened years later after the Dominion war I still don't think Starfleet would classify it because its NOT DANGEROUS information!
11/19/2015 c6 viciousmalacite
so r u going 2 do the rewrite or have u abandoned this story completely?
6/27/2015 c4 Guest
Star Fleet would not promote Picard to temp rank of Brevet Fleet Admiral and in charge of all units around the wormhole then send him and only the Enterprise alone through the worm hole. It would have sent another ship so Picard could stay in control of his forces or sent the majority of the command with Picard. That or another Officer would have to take command when the Enterprise goes through. Several fixes is another higher ranking Officer is to be in charge and Enterprise is one of several ships in area, two a small task force goes with Enterprise, or three Picard is not promoted and as best ship in fleet is sent through. If small force then Commodore is more likely rank or rear or vice Admiral instead of Fleet Admiral. Time difference is off it should almost 120 years difference give or take.
6/27/2015 c4 Guest
These events in STNG take place after the Dominion War ended. That war ended in 2375. so the the time displacement of 80 years back to 2261 does not match. Other than that good story.
4/27/2015 c6 1madsloth
calling this story complete does not make it so, It was a good start of a story but perhaps you could remove the complete tag on it? it is rather deceptive. labeling it Abandon would be more appropriate at this point.

I would not have read a 22k incomplete story that was last updated 8 years ago.

oh well I will follow it because it was good and maybe, one day you will get back to it.
8/22/2014 c6 Katescats
Hi just read your story it was good. Wish there was more.
7/1/2014 c6 skelly78
This is pretty interesting and written pretty well, is there going to be anymore?
64 Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »