for Ranma's Ascension

1/9/2013 c4 3one.who.reads
I like your initial concept, but its obvious you don't really have a solid grasp on what makes up a good story. Dramatic tension is necessary, otherwise you get a wish fulfillment story, which may be fun to write, but makes for a rather dull read.
11/22/2012 c6 Eric-Brune
Okay, just one thing to increase the funny...
The line: flying fragments of the once-formidable FEMA
should read: flying fragments of the formerly formidable FEMA
:D
9/17/2012 c8 Anon1
Brown note in a can!
8/24/2012 c1 1Eveon
She pondered for a moment. "There'd be riots. Sect would battle sect, the laity would rebel against the clergy for misleading them, even the atheists would be rocked to their core. Fundamentalists would attack the gods themselves for not conforming to their theology. It would get ugly."

This line ruined it for me. Akane isn't some sort of sociologist, theologists or whatever studies that type of thing. That sounds like a line from Daniel Carter of SG1. Otherwise it was okay.
8/10/2011 c8 Rose1948
::chuckles:: Cutely hilarious. A laugh in every chapter. Sometimes more than one. Especially about the FEMA coming apart at the seams during a hurricane. ::giggles::
7/12/2011 c8 3ijpowers92
A pretty interesting story. Though I have to disagree with your author note saying that Ranma could take on the entire NWC by himself post-Saffron.

Killing Saffron was an incredible accomplishment that Ranma was barely able to accomplish with the aid of a magical artifact (and possibly a magic pill) that kept him alive long enough to figure out how to pull it off.

That said Ranma didn't keep his new weapon nor would it be really useful against the NWC.

And Ranma didn't learn any new styles or techniques. Well he came up with two new variations of the HSH but they were somewhat scenario specific.

I don't consider Saffron to be a god, just a really powerful being. Defeating Saffron didn't suddenly elevate Ranma to a higher plane of martial arts ability. It was more of a culmination of all his experience before hand.

Now I won't say anyone else could have pulled it off. Cologne or Happossai (possibly Herb) may have the skill and power but wouldn't have the necessary determination.

So I think that Ranma could probably face any member of the Wrecking Crew (including Happossai and Cologne) and come out victorious. He could probably face combinations of the weaker members and still win. But all of them? No way.
3/20/2011 c8 Daimakaichoko
I would suggest the ingredients Epsom salt rubber cement and essence of Cthulu
1/12/2011 c5 23Byakugan789
The octopus is actually fairly simple to explain. Octopi require a specific salinity in the water arround them to be able t breather properly. The salinity is different depending on th species of octopus or area it's from but you get the general picture. since it died from oxygen deprevation while in water it drowned. The only real question is how the fuck it got there in time to drown in the pond. Probably magic, though they have found semi fosilized sea life in the middle of the himalayas dated to a mere 9.5thousand year old...
5/2/2010 c6 38Beloved Dawn
'"That's funny, you don't look like a pickle," Ryoga muttered. He didn't know whether to laugh or cry.'

Laugh. Definately laugh. This is rather amazing. You put a lot of thougth into your fanfiction.
5/2/2010 c5 Beloved Dawn
*blink blink* Tuxedo Taro?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I like Sailor Moon, but you're right about them and tactics. It's not as bad in the manga, but then again it never is.

I liked the idea with teh male/female thing. It explains a lot. Is that the actual way it works?
5/2/2010 c3 Beloved Dawn
"God of Rusty Blue Volkswagens With One Flat Tire or the Goddess of Pipe-Smoking Nuns Who Knit Baby Clothes Out of Hemp"

I can just imagine. Poor pathetic gods... all the good things gone...

"the sight of an albino tiger running at 120 kilometers per hour on its hind legs while holding a screaming Moon Cat in each forepaw would be considered remarkable."

Haha, I'd like to see that. Love this.

And you're totally right about Ranma being smart. He's creative, observant, and a problem solver. However, if he doesn't think it's worth his time, he won't bother.

Besides, I think he finds the bar is easier to surpass when it's low. However, that doesn't mean he's not an idiot when it comes to some things *coughfeelingscough*. *shrug* Enh, everyone has a weakness.
3/8/2010 c8 4Doomsought
That was good. It may have been dues ex machina, but that's the whole point isn't it?
7/14/2009 c8 1MrNeedsToRemoveAllFavs
First thing, loved the story. I don't usually like Ranma(ko)/Akane fics, mostly because I don't really like Tsundere character's in general, but I found this to be a very good story.

Secondly, Saffron was not a God. That's fanon. Saffron never once stated he was any kind of deity. He was a Phoenix that held great power, and was possibly a spirit of some kind, but not a God, Half-God, Quarter-God or any other fraction of a God. He may have used Kami to define himself in the Japanese version, but there are so many definitions of Kami (including Spirit, God, Nature Spirit, Soul, Monster, etc.) that there are no literal translations for it.

Ranma could have dodged the hammering/bashing if he was aware of it, when it was happening, and that it wouldn't only lead to even even harder/worse bashing/hammering.

There's also the fact that he doesn't know how to deal with people, much less angry females when he doesn't understand the reason for their anger. There were gigantic misunderstandings between Akane and Ranma in the manga that were both of their faults. Don't simplify it with by saying "they just weren't ready for marriage" because in the beginning they didn't love each other. That and the fact that their father's thought that beating each other up/fighting/arguing was perfectly normal and meant they were in love, so them continuing it was really just making their father's try to work harder.

Your argument is srsly flawed, not just because your only using the end-of-series character's but you aren't going in depth and your simplifying things to an incredible degree.
7/11/2009 c6 MrNeedsToRemoveAllFavs
You're making the horrible anime Sailor Moon look even worse. In the manga, they at least act like warriors and aren't as optimistic. The biggest problem with this parody is that by the time the manga/anime ends, the sailor scouts are easily throwing DBZ-level magic blasts of power that could destroy planets/galaxies easily, with Sailor Moon being able to revive entire galaxies of people like Shenron by sacrificing her life.
7/9/2009 c4 MrNeedsToRemoveAllFavs
WAFFY dialogue is cheesy to the extreme.

I love it, even if I don't like Ranma/Akane all that much.
140 « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »