for I Don't Want to Miss a Thing

8/12/2011 c1 MTunit05953234
"Copying from a previously published work (including musical lyrics) not in the public domain."

This story, while good, violates the rules of this site. I suggest getting the youtube url for this song and posting it in the author's note so that the readers can listen to it while they read. Doing this and removing the lyrics will make this fic compliant with the rules.

- Rasetsu
11/16/2009 c1 22TheRealThing
Wow- I'm amazed that you would take the time to write a review that's probably longer than the fic itself, especially given that you clearly despise it. You seem to forget that this site is all about fan fiction- which means taking existing characters and changing story lines- otherwise what's the point? My interpretation is different from yours- does that make what I write unworthy somehow? Are you somehow an 'expert' on the psychology of the characters of this saga? I'm known for defending myself- that's great! I would hate for people to think I'm some push over who takes people's crap without a fight. I can take construcitve criticism; I'm an adult after all. But when someone tears apart my work simply because they are incapable of writing something themselves, or because they are jealous of my notoriety, or because they 've simply had a bad day and are taking it out on me- that's when I take exception. I'm not sure what your particular problem is, but clearly you have some serious anger management issues if you feel compelled to spend time launching such a vicious, personal attack upon someone you don't even know.
11/15/2009 c1 20Mathematica
I've been flicking through some of your fic, since I've noticed that you write my OTP and appear to be quite popular. However, I felt that I just /had/ to review this fic in particular. There are, as there are with all your fics, a few points about it that bother me.

To being with, you have Anakin and Padmé thinking/expressing long, lyrical sentiments of love for each other. Anakin and Padme were never very good at expressing themselves. She was too proper and well-mannered and he was too shy and nervous. Also ... Anakin isn't exactly the most eloquent of guys. (Sand? Really?) He's a Jedi, not Romeo.

Also, part of Anakin did /not/ die every time he left Padmé; if anything, he was rather /willing/ to go and end the war. This devalues Anakin as a character - he /does/ have motivations that have nothing to do with Padmé Amidala: greed, arrogance, a need for power, hubris. If he didn't, why did he strangle her on Mustafar instead of /forcing/ her to go with him or even listening to her? Even, why didn't he commit suicide when she died? They are not completely dependent on each other; they managed quite fine without each other for years. Furthermore, it devalues Padmé's characterisation as well: she's a politician, not a lovestruck teenager. She /has/ to work without being obsessed with Anakin; if anything, she doesn't love him enough to follow him in ROTS - because, guess what? SHE LOVES HER IDEALS MORE. Judging from some of your other fic, this is a rather foreign concept to you, but that's a rant for another time.

Also, he never called her "angel" as an endearment. Not once. He /referred/ to her as an angel in Episode I, but he never /called/ her that afterwards.

Neither Anakin nor Padme experience such a deep, needy connection to each other. Anakin /did/ live on without Padme, contrary to what you seem to believe. Anakin was not consumed by Vader - he /is/ Vader, and therefore he lived for two decades without Padme. They aren't two separate people, whatever Obi-Wan might say (Obi-Wan was in all likelihood trying to dissociate from the notion of having to kill his best friend). Anakin himself says as much when he claims Luke as his son. He says "/I/ am your father." Ergo, Vader = Anakin.

Finally, please try to have more fic than song?

I think I've said enough. Judging by your response to several other people who've /dared/ to criticise your sacred works - you're quite well known for this in some circles, don't you know? - I expect to be reported to the management, and flamed by your fans.

At least, that's what I expect.
6/22/2009 c1 4Kate Poem
Och, he loved her so much... /sigh/ I am full of "greeneyed monster" (Shekspeare) /I forget word for this emotion and helped myself his words/

Sad, something so beautiful will end like ended.You write about it better than Lucas "see". (Lack of word. Again. Wrr)

I think Anakin should think about Padme and her... ee... point of view. It was unlogical and utterly stupid, slaughtering children for sake of pregnant wife.

I should write letter to Lucas...

I congratulate You again - greetings from Poland from mere Imperial citizen /smile/
5/2/2009 c1 Dgxuruend
good oneshot
10/6/2008 c1 3Comrade Claus
Very touching. I guess it works best when one plays the song while reading it, as a soundtrack. Like the script to a music video, Star Wars style. ^_^
4/19/2008 c1 Senator PadmeAmidala-Skywalker
Loved it.
10/29/2007 c1 ladywan
I heard this song today and thought of this wonderful songfic written by you.

It's beautiful.
12/22/2006 c1 6chucknotsteve
Great story. I'm so happy you wrote a songfic to THIS song because it's my favorite song in the world. =)
11/29/2006 c1 HC0
Aw...
9/2/2006 c1 12AeroCat
OMG! This is the best song ever... and you wrote a songfic with it! You're awesome! :)
9/1/2006 c1 EpisodeSkywalker
Nice. I love that song, and you wrote the story beautifully.

Good job :D
9/1/2006 c1 Padme52
The lyrics fit their situation so well. I love this song and I love the songfic. This is very creative.

Well done indeed.
9/1/2006 c1 16QueenNaberrie
*claps* Bravo! Very well written and I love how it goes along with the lyrics from the Aerosmith song.

QN :)