for Two Flames

8/15/2011 c1 5quoththeraven5
this was really good! Zuko's reasoning was amazing! He is the best!
5/11/2011 c1 4Vi-Violence
Actually there is canon evidence of them getting along, have you seen the last several episodes of the series?
2/24/2011 c1 16FairladyZ2005
I really like this. I loved how you tied in Jeong Jeong's desertion with Lu Ten's death. I also love how Zuko's has something to teach Jeong Jeong about the true nature of fire. Zuko still has a long way to go in his training, but even at this point he is able to see beauty in his element in addition to power as Iroh has taught him. Zuko is a hothead, but he also has a healthy respect for fire ue to his own scar, but even after all that he does not fear fire, which is why he is ultimately a better sifu for Aang than Jeong Jeong imho.
10/14/2010 c1 zuzu rulez
I love when Zuko says "I won't let some bitch named fate control my life. I follow my own destiny". I can totaly see himdoing tht! And none of the characters were OOC. U got em down to pat. Watever tht means. LOL
9/15/2010 c1 5Mildly Rabid
You were good at creating a mental image in my mind. Keep an eye out for grammatical errors; you used the wrong homonym several times. While writing is the most important, you still don't want anything to distract your reader from the story. All in all, a great fic. I am beginning to surmise you like angst? And slightly of-canon plots?
6/27/2008 c1 1Pepipanda
I really liked the idea behind this fic. Showing Jeong-Jeong that fire isn't purely destructive was a great idea, and I like how you did it.

The line "Kill one man; you’re a murderer. Kill a hundred; you’re a serial killer. Kill thousands; you’re a war hero." reminded me of the quote "One death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statisitc." (I think it was Stalin). It says a lot.

Zuko, for once (this early in the series), is being shown as wise and learning from his uncle and I like that. Jeong-Jeong's denial is also believable and it contrasts and yet resembles Zuko's arguements. It's a totally different perspective, but they're both quite stubborn.

This is a great oneshot!
3/8/2008 c1 olivia
I liked it. You should have had Jong Jong find out that he was a Fire Prince i would have loved to see his reaction
10/18/2007 c1 fourfourfourfour
i never really thought about firebending like that before, you make a really good point! in fact, this whole story makes a good point right down to the core-espesialy the whole iroh vs jeong jeong thing. don't get me wrong, i love iroh to death, but i've always been waiting for that one person to come along (who isn't part of his phsyco family) to not like him, just to see what would happen.
2/17/2007 c1 15zoetekohana
I like reviews, too, so of course I will leave one ;)

Well, I liked this very much. The interaction between Zuko and Jeong Jeong is just how I imagine it will be when they in fact would meet. They were both very IC. (Iroh, too, of course.)

And I loved how you gave a reason of why Jeong Jeong acts the way towards fire as he does (despising it and all).

Another thing, I love how you made Iroh and Jeong Jeong not like each other, and that Jeong Jeong left at the seige of Ba Sing Se... we don't know where nor when he has deserted the Fire Nation Army, so it gives you a good foundation in order to make Iroh and Jeong Jeong not liking one other.

Lastly, I liked this sentence;

"Kill one man; you’re a murderer. Kill a hundred; you’re a serial killer. Kill thousands; you’re a war hero. And kill he did."

It gives real insight on how destructive war is.

Kudos for this one-shot!
12/8/2006 c1 Laikayanel
I quite like it, you got some very good interactions between the characters, you do manage to demostrate Jeong Jeong fear from the fire, wihout his critique about Zuko use of fire being any less valid, and Zuko was... Zuko, cant put it other way.
11/14/2006 c1 9mycrazylife
Love the story, and the possibilities behind it. Definate fav.
10/24/2006 c1 9Death Fox of Chocolate
well, this isn't a flame, but i honestly didn't like this one as much as the others. i mean, it was sorta good, it's just i wasn't a big jeong jeong fan when we met him so, yea...don't get mad, and this isn't a flame...i don't do flames...i'll be leaving more reviews for your other stories too. thanx. bye me aka Death Fox of Chocolate
9/18/2006 c1 7Acastus
Nice job. I really liked the Iroh / Jeong Jeong back history link. I think you nailed Jeong Jeong and Zuko's characterization. The mutual accusations between the Prince and the Deserter rang true. The interaction between Iroh and Jeong Jeong is less certain in its effect (though Iroh's parting line before sleeping is perfect), but that wasn't your focus as you mention in your A/N at the bottom.

I wonder too, would Jeong Jeong learn anything from an interaction like this? or Zuko? Fun to think about.
9/16/2006 c1 84Dungeonwriter
Wow, this story sounds even better, it's so creative. I think Jeong-Jeong and Zuko can learn a lot about each other, and JJ can start grooming the true heir to the throne in firebending. Not OOC at all, but amazing, like all your work.
9/16/2006 c1 106KelseyAlicia
I love it. I will be sending you somthing private thing soon. LET talk about the new movie thanks!

Desktop Mode . Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service