for Keiichi's Magic Trick

1/14/2016 c1 12Gamera68
Very well written and thoroughly entertaining! I loved the ending! Onto part 2!
9/27/2015 c1 richardrobinsonjr
I like the story very well but the formatting has completely gone out. you might want to repost this or reformat it.

Richard Robinson
4/1/2015 c1 9cko2
Nice story. Someone just posted a link to it and just readvthis story. Very well thought out and done. Thanks for sharing. Even the sharing the goddesss at the end was funny.
1/31/2012 c1 5mnementh2000
Very well written, as well as well thought out. I love the way you explained not only the way that Keiichi's wish to remain with Bell forever came to be fulfilled, but HOW he could cast the spell, and his fears for his future, considering his unique position in the universe now as the only IMMORTAL mortal. Well written story and a very fun read.
9/26/2010 c1 ericson723
where can i find "Skuld's Magic Trick" at online? Great story so far!
12/8/2009 c1 5Chownz
Well done my good man, well done! I shall expect more from your creative soul in the coming centuries... Amen Ka kite
4/14/2009 c1 1WisdomWriter25
While it has been a while since I have seen some of the anime, this story brought it back to me. The story is very interesting and a nice possibility of what Keiichi may have done. I liked the wording and descriptions you used for the spell. Also I liked the ending where it is implied that he would not mind being in another relationship, but that it was up to Belldandy. I find it a good twist and something to wonder in whether or not something will happen.
5/12/2008 c1 deitarionSSokolow
Beautiful. Much better result than Ranma's Ascention. Probably because you took more time and care on the results rather than "skimming over" peoples' reactions (both internal and external) to the events. It also doesn't help Ranma's Ascention that it feels like just another "Ranma gets power and fixes everything" fic. (In this one, you only had one fix, so it didn't become stale)

I suppose you could say that both fics employ great creativity, but the other one has it watered down by cliché.
4/9/2008 c1 shaithis1
I like a little out of character, but this one is off the charts! Smells a little like self-insertion too, but it's well written and enjoyable nonetheless, so all is well. It's a nice change to read a mature, eloquent, educated fic author. So many are students or kids and sound like it.
9/19/2007 c1 11Songbird21
You have a way with words, but Keiichi is WAY OOC. His speech is much too formal.
11/15/2006 c1 40deathgeonous
Sweeto! It's Neato! i inoyed this.
10/22/2006 c1 1Bobboky
nice
10/19/2006 c1 3FrogHermitJiraiya
You know what? I had been thinking the same thing (about the wish that Keiichi made) when I started an Oh My Goddess piece that I may put up soon... It won't feature in that piece, but you've raised some very good points about the series that I never thought about... Anywho, good job, and I hope to see more from you in the future.
10/13/2006 c1 1Emperror
Very long but good one.

Look weird when Keiji can use a magic!
10/11/2006 c1 12Ghost in the Machine
From a technical standpoint, this is wonderfully written. I wish everyone wrote prose this clean. But the story itself leaves me cold because the characterization of Keiichi fails completely.

If you buy the premise, you'll buy the bit. I don't, can't, buy this premise. That's not Keiichi or anything close to Keiichi. Now I know this was written long before it was declared in canon that Keiichi would eventually die, so the concept that his wish would make him immortal can be accepted. I'll even buy that he has the potential to learn magic. After all, he does have a lot of experience with it and was able to bear an angel, which is no mean feat.

But Keiichi developing enough power to magically dominate Skuld AND Urd without having been caught at it? Can't buy that. That he would develop enough power to magically dominate Skuld and Urd in the first place? Can't buy that either. They are dieties, he's not. That he would magically dominate them even if he could? No sale. Keiichi is not one to forcibly impose his will on others. And face it, that's what he did. "I'm bigger and badder than both of you put together and you're gonna do things my way or suffer a fate worse than death. So ha, ha, whatcha gonna do now?" By doing what he did, he's shown to be more powerful than anyone except POSSIBLY Hild and Kami-sama. That is the antithesis of Keiichi. He's a normal guy who does the right thing, even when it's difficult, not someone who treats others like crap just because he can.

His claim that his spell isn't a prison is complete garbage. Now it is canon that gods don't have the same free will as humans. But this spell, no matter how you dress it up, is enslavement for all practical purposes. Without the ability to choose to do the wrong thing, doing the right thing is meaningless because there is no choice. All actions become compulsory. Life is too complex to be stuck with such a simplified outlook. Or does the law of unintended consequence magically not apply here?

Maybe I'll like something else you've written better. You've clearly got skill. But this one... doesn't work.
18 Page 1 2 Next »