for Hard Not to Love a Hero

3/8/2007 c1 24Mtwapa
HI there, I just had a 4 hour DNA practical and just kept thinking about csi miami so couldn't help but click on the title because well the DNA's still fresh in my mind. err, getting back on track: Yep, well definitely an unusual pairing but a fab piece that reminds me of how I began my little (well maybe not that little) obsession with the character that is Lt. Caine. I loved the line, 'you look at your boss (your boss!)' made me break out into a huge grin because I can so see Valera doing that. And then you end it beautifully with resignation and a concept true to this life. Very insightful and fab read. Thanks.
10/17/2006 c1 Scorpii
Rainbow Stevie, is it just me or is every story you write great? So far I've only read few of them (Hollow, Call a therapist STAT and this one) but they all... they're unforgettable. They're great, superb... I want to say more about them but my vocabulary ain't that big.
10/11/2006 c1 6CSI Salyards
I have to admit I originally skipped this story because of the pairing, but glad I decided to go ahead and click anyway! It's very well done... and it's nice because it could really be a pairing with Horatio and any other female in the lab. I imagine they all get that feeling when our dashing red-head walks by... *sigh*

Very well done!
10/11/2006 c1 8bookwrangler
RS: Very uncoventional pairing, but you did it justice. Gotta watch those bunnies. If you let them they'll breed like...well, bunnies. And most are quite persistant. I did enjoy this. Thank you.
10/10/2006 c1 76speedfanatic05
This is the second mention of Valera and Horatio together. At first, I too ran for the hills, but as I began to read, it got better. Yours, is such a different aspect. Here , Valera doesn't get to act on her fantasy, making her restriant somewhat painful, and that is what is so good about it. She'd rather keep him as a legend than risk it. I love the complexty of it all. You are such a wonderful writer!
10/10/2006 c1 solitar
Whou, that´s really cute.
10/10/2006 c1 30randomwriting
Very enjoyable. You've written this in a way that made it easily relatable. Plus, I adore Valera & could imagine her harboring a crush on the Lt. Loved this, "...the breathless swirl of his steely determination..." & especially this, "...for fear of disturbing that curtain of private sorrow," because both descriptive phrases fit the man we've come to recognize. Your ending was strong & summed up the piece beautifully.

I'd like to see both that black striped shirt & that black suit banished for the remainder of the season. Even in NYC they wear brighter colors!