for A Father's Love

3/29/2014 c2 2IstariWho
This is so beautiful! Hannon-le!
11/10/2009 c2 10Lindelas
Great Story! I loved it. The first part with Faramir and Pippin provided great closure-something we didn't exactly get in book or movie. I love how Faramir is able to truly let go and grieve normally after Pippin tells him that his father loved him. And its great the way you present their friendship!

And the last chapter as well, great closure! It was great how you described Elrond's face, and how Aragorn smiles at the end. Loved it!

Is there more to come of this story?
10/29/2006 c2 28Silivren Tinu
I really like the way you write emotions. I love the moment when Aragorn looks at Elrond and sees the joy and peace in his eyes, it is truly heartwarming. *happy sigh* I also liked how you described Aragorn's inner conflict about Arwen's staying in Middle-earth, and how much he is aware of the sacrifice she makes for him. In the end, it was really her decision, and I'm glad Elrond was able to accept it in spite of the pain it causes him. You show very well how much Elrond and his love and approval mean for Aragorn. To be parted from Elrond forever must be bad enough - I don't want to imagine how they both (and Arwen) would have felt had they parted in anger. Another great story, mellon-nin! :)

Tinu
10/29/2006 c1 Silivren Tinu
Hi again! I'm still trying to catch up with my reviews and found you've posted more stories! :) This is another story of you that I really loved. You captured Faramir's emotions perfectly, it made me feel so sad for him. I liked the idea that Pippin would tell him how his father felt about him in the end, and that Denethor finally realized his mistake and that he loved his son. To know that must have meant a lot to Faramir. It must feel terrible to be treated like that by your own father, I'm glad there was at least something different for Faramir to remember about Denethor. I also like the relationship between Faramir and Pippin, and that the hobbit was there at just the right moment knowing just the right words to say. A very beautiful and touching story, and reading it again has made me love it even more! :)

Tinu
10/25/2006 c2 5Nari-chan SND
That was a good chapter. Very touching. You do realize, though, that Elrond is not Aragorn's literal father, but an adoptive father, right? I'm sure you do, but the way you wrote it made it seem like Aragorn was Elrond's son by blood. Other than that, it was very good! I really liked this story! Good job!

~Nari
10/23/2006 c2 314lindahoyland
I'm a bookverse fan but these well written stories were most enjoyable.I liked the way you explored father/son relationships. I have added you to my alerts list
10/16/2006 c1 SusanMc
Very nice blending of book and movie. It was nice to see Denethor's remorse. His lines about sending his son forth unthanked and unblessed were some of my favorites from the book.

I especally liked your handling of the relationhip between Faramir and Pippin. Even though it is easy to see a deep friendship develoing between them, their slight unease around each other shows it is still in its early stages.

Looking forward to the next one.
10/13/2006 c1 8Minyasta
Aww! ^_^

This is such an amazing story about my favorite character! Poor Fari. :( He is always at a loss for his father's love! Such a touching, lovely little story, I am totally in love with it! Bravo, well done, I'm adding this to my favorites!

- Minyasta
10/13/2006 c1 Sarahbarr17
Very moving. Written very nicely indeed.

Hugs,

Sarah x
10/13/2006 c1 5Nari-chan SND
That was really good! Such a heartwatming end. :) Keep up the good work! I can't wait for the next chapter!

~Nari
10/13/2006 c1 Celebne
This story is wonderful! I love it.

Celebne