for Friendship

9/28/2014 c1 188Hannah Lynn McDonald
Absolutely LOVED it. I've been wanting more Carl ever since I (finally!) found and rewatched the movie - and free of any slash too!

Thank you SO much!
11/14/2010 c1 63general zargon
Nice. I really like the fics about Carl and Van Helsing that take place before the movie. ^_^ Are you planning on writing a sequel to this? I have an idea for one if you're interested? Anyway, please keep up the great work!
4/13/2009 c1 BakerStreetIsLastRefugeOfHope
A great story. Very good.
2/29/2008 c1 17JustAnotherCrazyWriter
Hello! Very nice, if I do say so myself. I especially liked the last scene, where he finally tells Carl his first name. =] Sorry for hte crap review, but do know that I'm mightily loving this story.

-Jen.
3/5/2007 c1 9Aloria-Catalonia
very nice job with this story. I found it really amusing. you've managed to keep everyone in character as well! Great job!
2/8/2007 c1 2Awen1923
I really enjoyed this story. I liked the reaction of the other monks and friars to Carl's first "conversation" with Helsing, and I liked how their friendship just sort of happened. Nicely done.
1/31/2007 c1 14Kairi's-twin
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! this fic is so awsome and I like it just as much asi loved "first meeting"! you rock!

~Kairi's Twin
1/27/2007 c1 Rhaeve
OH!

This was pretty good! I'll have to read the prequel to this fanfic next. I suggest getting a beta reader though as there were several grammar and tense mistakes. Other then that~ TWAS GOOD STUFF! I liked the little background story with Carl and the constant surprise of the monks. HAHAHA!

Keep up the good work. Cheers,

~Rhaeve
12/21/2006 c1 None98
This is a fantastic story! The characterizations are diverse and original; I had no problem believing in the scenes you set down. I also find myself quite curious to see more of what will happen next. I realize this is a 'one time' but perhaps you might consider writing another story following this one's timeline? As I read, I asked myself why does he not like the other hunters? Because they're a thoughtless horde of automatons at the beck and call of a conscienceless despot? And Carl-he seems so niave and so sweet. I'd like to see some of the goodness and kindness in Van Helsing as well. I'd be will to bet he didn't kill that giant! (shades of Frankenstein) I hope to see more from you, so I'm going to check now! Thank you for a very very engaging read and a lovely boost to the muse! I've added this to my favorites list.
12/8/2006 c1 2HughJackmanFan
De Moncerf as Gabriel Van Helsing? I think, I read wrong...

and I like it. more up new chapter =)
12/7/2006 c1 29Ron's Sweetie
Great story. I love it.
12/7/2006 c1 MagRowan
Yeay! Another Carl/VH friendship fic! I love these! You got the guys smack on again with the characterization as well. Props to you! ;)

I was wondering, what ever did happen with the Giant, though. That irks me that the Order was sending someone to kill another creature, just cause he was different. Of course, that's what they wanted to do with Frankenstein's monster, so it definitely does fit.

I love the bit where VH threw the heavy bow into De Moncerf's room Good for a chuckle, it was.

Thanks for the read! ^_^ I hope you write more fics like this. ;)