for The Sourpuss

7/22/2015 c1 19InsanityIsClarity
This was really sweet. I love Toko friendship too!
8/31/2011 c1 zon12
Awesome .. just awesome. Long live Toko fics like this.
2/15/2010 c1 4things24
THe world does need a break from Zutara! I love Toko! This is nice. I like looking back at fanfictions made before season three came out/second half of season two.
4/4/2008 c1 2Symphony989
I love Zuko and Toph's interaction. I hope they become good friends in the series.
12/26/2007 c1 26Anti-Logic
I agree with everything you said in your ending author's note; I actually stopped reading romance fics a long time ago. Friendship just...feels better, and it's good to get Zuko in character. I really like this view of how Toph and Zuko could get along. Great job!
12/16/2007 c1 8Bunko08
Cute! Love the fluffy friendship.

I agree with Velkyn Karma, there is just too much Katara and Zuko romance stories. I HATE the pairing!

Loved the story!
12/6/2007 c1 35Velkyn Karma
Very cute, and you're certainly right-a little fluff never hurt anyone. And we could do without the raving Zutaras...I'd like to read a fic about Zuko, that DOESN'T involve Katara as a romantic interest in it (they're incredibly hard to find!)

Writing style is pretty nice. I noticed a few mispellings, but they appear to just be typos ("limps" instead of "limbs" for example). But you largely have a nice understanding of the English language, which is very nice (too many writers here can't write. Sad, ne?)

Nice characterization, too. I could practically hear Toph's voice while reading her lines, it was so like her, as was her advice. And Zuko wasn't a pansy, which, as you pointed out, is something people do to him too often in fics (if it's not Zutara, it's a wussy Zuko...or possibly both mixed together). He's still prideful, but at the same time with the group, acting much as I imagined he would. Very nice. And I felt for him terribly when the villager tells him off, even if it was only a flashback.

A fic about Toph and Zuko (also not romantically involved) is very nice, too. I always imagined that when/if Zuko joins the others, Toph would probably be one of the first to get along with him and/or accept him. She'll be able to tell he's sincere in his efforts to help them, and since she wasn't chased around the world for an entire season by Zuko, she wouldn't have as much trouble with him (and she already gets along with Iroh).

Overall, very nice, very enjoyable. Good job.

~Velkyn Karma
9/4/2007 c1 3taffy0823
I love Toph. That was so cute and in character. Perfect. Adding to favorites.
7/1/2007 c1 3pringle.sam
You're right; Zuko is written as a pansy in lots of things. Sadly. You did a good job of keeping him strong and in character. ;)

Toph is way badass too.
2/21/2007 c1 17Wren Sharpbeak
This is such a charming piece. It's very easy to see this sort of interaction between Toph and Zuko. In fact, i have a very similar scene planned for the series of stories i am working on, but now that i've read yours, i'll have to try and come up with something a little different (this is WAY too close for comfort...good thing i found this before i commited myself to writing mine down).

Anyway, very excellent work.
12/28/2006 c1 2Self Possessed
First off, great characterization, great style, great pacing. And thankfully, no huge emphasis on romance.

Everything just flowed so effortlessly. I really liked how you had the two butt heads against each other; it's a nice touch and yet so in character. The fight scene was spectacular for fiction (nothing will ever compare to an animated version), and the conclusion was well brought out. I can't really find any flaw in it.

I do find it interesting that you decided on Sourpuss though. Knowing Toph and her brutal honesty, she would've probably called him Scarface.

This is a great fic and a fun read. Toph always wins, and she's very persuasive in her methods. =) Go Toph!
12/21/2006 c1 84Dungeonwriter
That was simply adorable. I love how Toph got to the root of Zuko's problem and tackled it, head on. I also admire the fight scenes, extremely well done.

Nice job!
12/18/2006 c1 33SylverEyes
Thank you! I love the way you made Toph "cheer up"... sort of... Zuko, I think that this could totally actually happen in the show. I loved reading this, it really lifted my spirits. I'm probably going to go running around the house shouting "I found a friendship fic!" And then my parents will think I'm insane, and yell at me for not doing my homework...

I couldn't help but laugh when it said "What he really meant was, 'Almighty, All-seeing-Woman.'" That just made me crack up. Keep up the amazing writing, and I'll keep reading! (And reviewing, since I know what it feels like when you have only 2 reviews and more than 100 hits)
12/17/2006 c1 38AJ Rayne
A break from Zutara? Wha...

...truer words were never spoken. ;)

Love this line: "The ground spat out the angry Sourpuss as if he was a bad taste and groaned as it closed back up, almost in relief, it seemed." The visual is great. It expresses Zuko's character in one.
12/15/2006 c1 20Random Stuff About Stuff