for Genesis

1/31/2007 c4 Noa
Great entry for a lovery story to come.

You have set it up well, now lets start with the action :-)

But don't forget to update fast en frequently because you

know how we fans are...hungry for more !
1/30/2007 c4 37EreshkigalGirl
Woo! Love it. Much shorter review than last time, but jsut as much enjoyment was had from this chapter. I like the explination of what River's been doing the past 4 years. I can see her wanting to bring down the Academy adn then wanting to come home. I'm looking forward to seeing what develops further. She's a different girl-differnt woman now. Things are about to get mighty interesting.
1/30/2007 c4 7Bookworm.Annie
great chapter! cant wait for more?
1/30/2007 c3 37EreshkigalGirl
Sane-River sounds great. You're doing a really good job. I don't think "Little Albatross" should be used, since it was specifically in responce to the Operative's comment about River being an albatross.

There is one thing I disagreed with in the fic: Jayne not being good at reading body language. He's actually great at it. Remember in Serenity the pilot episode when he interrogated Dobson? He didn't even have to start cutting to know the Fed was lying. He might not be the best interpreter of it when it comes to how far he should let his teasing go, but he is adept at reading it.

But, other than that, I'm really excited about where this is going, and I can't wait for more! :D
1/30/2007 c3 21Lady Anatui
This is really good. The sane River is a bit strange, but she's still using big words and that stuff. She fits rather nicely.

I don't think you should have Mal call her that, because the only reason he started calling her that was because of something the Operative said in the movie. It wouldn't make any sense.

Please update soon!
1/30/2007 c3 cassie
"Alright, River, what happened next?"

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!

Pretty, pretty please with sugar on top, and a cherry on the side update TODAY!
1/30/2007 c3 7wyntertwilight
Yay, an update! And an awesome one at that. Sane River is surprisingly..well, sane, lol but, seriously, I think it's pretty spot-on - she sounds mature and the language has mellowed out a bit, which works because I can see her still using "big" words but not all the time. Also, I don't think the nickname would work because there's no reason Mal would see River as the good luck charm when she hadn't been there for 4 years. You could probably work it into the story if you wanted but I don't see it fitting in at the moment.

I like the idea of other children from the Academy having escaped, and River's friends - will we see them again? It'd just be interesting to see how the crew would react to this whole other part of her life they missed out on. I'm also really intrigued by what it is she's done! But I have no doubt the crew will accept her again, isn't that what family does? :-) Really looking forward to seeing where you take this next, update as soon as you can please!
1/30/2007 c2 1Moonmage
This is good so far, update soon:

Moonmage
1/29/2007 c3 2ren3017
oh you have me hooked... can't wait for more.

i don't know about the lil albatross, maybe since this AU'ish you can come up with something else - wha? don't look at me, lol, i am drawing a blank for suggestions*shrugs*...

and its hard to picture a reasonably sane river let alone hear her speak, but i think you are doing a great job... again, i'm hooked.

ren
1/29/2007 c3 14FabledFigment
I am in favor of other nicknames. Lil'albi is very BDM specific, and you are AU to the movie. Plus it is long and difficult to say.

I like where this is headed. It does need to move quickly thru the exposition so you can get to some action. (either physical or romantic) Maybe you could split the storytelling somehow.
1/29/2007 c3 7Bookworm.Annie
if you want mal to call her lil' albatross then work it into the story somehow. have it so they got hurt more after she left and then now that shes back things are great and so she becomes the albatross, if he just starts calling her that now without a reason it would be...i dont know..dumb. lol thats my opinion anyways. update soon!
1/29/2007 c3 6CalmintheChaos
I can see your frustration in writing for a 'sane' river! On the poll, instead of using lil albatross, maybe research some other common chinese nicknames or terms of endearment other than bao bei or mei mei. I like just shortening her name: Riv.

Other than that I absolute love it and I can't wait to read more! And I love that name, Nicos. I can't wait to see where you're going.
1/29/2007 c3 Tony the jew
I think it would be ok to have Mal call her “lil’ albatross”. AIt is you fic.
1/29/2007 c3 2LovelyLadyJem
I liked this chapter, I can't wait for another update!
1/29/2007 c3 9michebabyblue
I think it's okay to use lil'albatros maybe you could use it for an argument between River and MAl or something. I hope it isn't going to be as long of a wait cuz i really love this story.
199 « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 .. Last Next »