for One Desire

2/22/2021 c1 1Srta.NR
Tão lindo.
1/4/2009 c1 49Katrina
Great story! Loved the idea of the spider bite. Really well written throughout. Thanks for a good read :)
3/9/2003 c1 19The Inner Genie
Very well done! Great story, well written.

Although I loved the whole story, I found myself especially enjoying little snippets here and there. For instance, I snickered when Roxton said he could always get more shirts.

One small piece of dialogue I found very moving and insightful.

When Veronica tells Ned about being alone in the treehouse right after her parents disappeared, waiting for her parents to come home and wishing her mama would hurry so she could give her a drink of berry punch, I really could feel the loneliness, helplessness, and growing fear that a young child would feel. The thought of a little girl, left all alone, hoping that every sound she heard was her parents returning, her imagination giving her nightmares, until she realized the most horrible thing a child can imagine.her parents had left her. (Anyone who has children would shudder at that picture.)

The real trauma of Veronica's loss was brought home to me really for the first time, and I could understand why, as an adult, she became so deeply obsessed with finding her parents, and could never admit, even to herself, that they weren't coming back.

Good writing.
7/18/2002 c1 139A. Windsor
very well written.i almsot cried!
5/28/2002 c1 35Jaclyn
AWWWW! I just read this story at Carolyn's site, but I loved it so much that I just had to come over here and review it...

K, first off - as, er, yucky as the bite was, it was so creative! and so was the plot and how everything tied in (the heat and the bug, etc).

characterization - wonderful! dialogue - beautiful! everything - PERFECT!

i was like so INTO this story, i was all upset when M was really ill and everything...like you totally drew me in...

can't wait to see your next fic! :)
9/23/2001 c1 roxtons girl
AHHHHHHHHHH, THAT WAS SUCH A LOVERLY STORY IT BOUGHT TEARS TO MY EYES I COULD SEE THE SCENES BETWEEN R & M AS IF THEY WERE ACTING IN FRONT OF ME. PLEASE WRITE MORE AND WELL DONE.X
7/25/2001 c1 Dizzylogic
loved it
7/19/2001 c1 elbie
Oh, wow. You captured Roxton in a remarkably touching way-the strength and passion and desperation of his situation. And wonderful details of the explorers daily life and relationships to each other. You have it all down in a thoughtful and romantic story. Do keep writing!
7/8/2001 c1 fraser
This was a beautiful story. Very well developed and thought out. It incorporated many of the elements we have come to love about the show. I noticed you have a wonderful gift of description and detail, so many things just slipped in there to round out the tale. I do hope you continue to write more for us. I look forward to your next story with much anticipation.
7/6/2001 c1 Ivy
I absoulutely loved it, It was done well, with everyyones thouhts and feelings. I was sooo sad when I thought that Marguerite as going to die. I really really loved it, you should keep writing, esprcialy M/R stories. They are meant to be.
7/3/2001 c1 gabbygal36
Great-the ending was really cute:)

-gabby_gal36
7/3/2001 c1 Lex
Oh, wow! I enjoyed this so much - I really liked the inclusion of the topic of the efficacy of faith, legend, etc., and their forces in our world. I also liked how you described the villagers' feelings and conceptions about Challenger, and Challenger's comment on Marguerite always having been given up on in the past, something which her friends on the plateau would not do. Great story!
7/3/2001 c1 Nicki
Loved your story. Please write more.
7/3/2001 c1 juliette
loved it!
7/3/2001 c1 7Gabbo
Wonderful story. Very well written. Keep up the good work.
26 Page 1 2 Next »