for Tournament

3/22/2010 c10 31kasplosion
This is definitely my favorite battle out of all of them. I liked all the mini battles going on, especially Katara and Aang's and the Toph-Suki-Jet one, would love to see those happen. Your writing is as great as ever! I really admire that the whole story is action and hand-to-hand, fighting combat. You make it seem effortless (but I know better, it takes a lot of time and hard work to write action stuff). Oh, and Sokka was hilarious in this last chapter, I kept chuckling out loud. I liked it when Katara just pushed him off, xD

Go Aang for winning!

Good luck in your other writings (:
4/13/2009 c9 kasplosion
Hahah! I like how you balance all the action with the dialogue. :D Anywho, good for Sokka! I would have payed to see them battle like they did.

Sorry I didn't review *counts* four months ago. T-T
1/12/2009 c9 Derrick
Another good story, but I just had to point this out. There is no way Sokka would have beat Toph with his weapons. First she would have bent his sword like a pretzel, and she mightva been able to bend his bommerang too, if she coulda got a hold of it, leaving him pretty much defenseless.

But yeah, still well written overall.
1/12/2009 c9 3Kristoshi Warrior
A royal rumble, huh? That sounds like either Zuko and Katara, Sokka, or possibly Iroh, though I kinda doubt that last one. (Katara and Sokka are kinda like royalty, right? If Yue was the daughter of a cheif and a princess, Katara should be one too, and Sokka a prince. Technically speaking.) Maybe someone else, though who, I really don't know.
8/28/2008 c7 31kasplosion
hehe. i love Sokka's reaction to Mai attacking him with his own boomerang. the detailing is just as extraordinary as all the previous chapters. :D
8/24/2008 c7 3StarReader86
I like this idea of ATLA's characters showing off their bending/nonbending skills in a tournament. I especially like the chapters with Sokka beating both Jet AND Mai, b/c Sokka's my favorite character! Even though Mai conceded defeat, Sokka would have still kicked her butt...GO SOKKA!

Writing fight scenes is a challenge and you have definitely done a good job describing the characters' actions while keeping them in character with their dialogue. I could actually picture the characters moving in my head as you described them. Good work!

BTW, I don't know if you're taking requests, but I would LOVE to see a fight between Sokka and Zuko, both of them using their swords. I was disappointed that Bryke never showed the two sparring so it would be awesome if you did these two in a future chapter!

As a fellow lazy writer, I totally understand where you're coming from :D
8/24/2008 c5 Eddi
where is zuko, you can maybe write a fight between Zuko against Iroh, teacher vs. pupil.
12/31/2007 c3 11i-embrace-OCD
Even without the benefits of detail that bending has, you did a great job with Jet and Sokka.

Too funny. "That was for getting more cheers than me." XD Way too funny. I enjoyed reading it! The end was written well! In normal circumstances, even if I am a fan of Sokka and his Sokkaness, I'd find it hard to believe that he'd beat Jet. It was good, though. :)
12/31/2007 c6 i-embrace-OCD
Again, awesome descriptions. I could really picture Toph's determination, if that makes any sense.

Very nice. :)
12/31/2007 c1 i-embrace-OCD
Awesome! Toph is amazing, hands down - and she beat Azula. So great. They're definitely my two favorite fighters.

Extremely well-written, detailed descriptions that build up the tension nicely. The dialogue/thoughts are a good bonus, too. :)
11/7/2007 c4 31kasplosion
O! Awesomeness and cool. Again, wouldn't it be cool if there were a fight with only nonbenders? It would, but I don't understand why Mike and Brian won't do that... Anyways! Yays to you.
11/7/2007 c3 kasplosion
Hehehehe. I would love to see Jet and Sokka (or any other nonbender battle) happen in reality/the show. They would be totally awesome. I'm glad Sokka won, Jet's too arrogant. XD Awesome detailing and Sokkaness. ^^
11/4/2007 c6 The Cookie Thief
Ah, we all saw that one coming... Nice descriptions...

How can you NOT love the mud wrestling scene from the Runaway? ...even my dad was laughing his ass off, and he's seen about four episodes of Avatar. (Yet he thinks he's a fan.)

Anywyas, good chappie!
11/4/2007 c6 25Tang Si Ming-Yue
this is a good story! lots of fighting, kewl! but why is this labeled under 'aang and katara' if theres no kataang?

Tangy
10/30/2007 c5 The Cookie Thief
LOL, poor Aang!

Nice job, Iroh obviously pwns!

Yay for violence!