for Sacred Host

Great chapter.
2/28/2015 c1 Guest
You sound pompous.
2/23/2015 c34 16Anifan1
Wonder if the bishop is actually a Controller. Teresa initially joined the Sharing because she had heard one of the leaders speak at her church...who knows how many priests and other members of the religious life they were able to infest? Another thought: if Teresa's grandmother thought that priests were being too easy on the laity back in the 90's, I can only imagine what she would think of what's been going on in the 20 or so years since.

Slight nitpick from an earlier chapter: when Toloth was initially asking Teresa about her faith, she told herself that he was a child of God. She might have also used similar language in describing Christianity to his host. This is theologically incorrect. Becoming a child of God occurs at baptism, which Toloth has not yet received and, at the time of the conversation, neither had his host. Rather, they are *creations* of God. Certainly as loved by Him as much before following Him as afterwards, but there is a very clear biblical distinction. It's possible to overlook Teresa using overly broad language in the case of the Hork-Bajir host, who has a limited intelligence and can better understand the concept of father and child rather than creator and creation. Still, Teresa should know better in her own understanding. As this story delves into the intricacies of Catholic theology more than merely the basics, I would advise you to go back and change this in your earlier chapter.
2/23/2015 c34 47zedille
Good to see you back! With the way you set up some thing sin this chapter, I wonder if Toloth missed an opportunity (that will be significant later) in not pursuing that line of conversation with the fictional Bishop Perlmutter.
2/22/2015 c34 1Tsaukpaetra
And the conspiracies build and build!
I wonder how many new Full Members The Sharing gets each year from this banquet?
Keep going! ;)
2/22/2015 c34 8MuggleCreator
Interesting.
2/22/2015 c34 3dogman15
I like it when you incorporate both real world things and references to the books. Keep it up! I look forward to your next chapter.
12/6/2014 c33 10Fallen Dragonfly
You know, it's a damn shame you're not continuing this. This story is well written, loads of fun (it's like watching a train wreck, you know it's going to happen, but you can't look away) and a marvelous twist on the overall idea.

If you ever come back to write this thing again, let me know, I'll be there.
11/9/2014 c33 1Lily Belladonna Took
Thank you so much for writing this story! I love the way you've brought this premise to life. Your writing is careful and intelligent, and your world-building deep and detailed. Even though you've painted - and been painting - the broad strokes of what will come, the characters remain well-realized, and their decisions do not seem forced.

My one question as reading was this: Logically, why does Toloth need to infest Teresa to effect his plan? And, having done so, why does he need his explanation to align so well with actual Christian doctrine? Surely he could simply make something up, or take but one small piece, ignore the rest, and spin it into a religion of his own making (although, I suppose I'm not sure he has the imagination for the latter.)

I answered myself with the rather obvious fact that Toloth's "plan" and "investigation" are disguises for his own curiosity (disguises even, to a point, from himself.)

On a different note, not all main-stream denomination Protestants are wishy-washy skin deep believers who only go to church for the social polish or the sake of tradition or half-remembered childhood prayers! :( For a member of Teresa's family to say it would be acceptable and understandable, as her family is Catholic and the story is written from a Catholic perspective, but a non-human espoused it without correction, and lo, I took umbrage . . . partially on my part, I suppose, since pride does hang heavy from my shoulders, but also on the part of the many true-hearted and deeply-believing main-line Protestants I know.

As a counterpoint, since the vast majority of theological material in the story pertains to Christians of any stripe (as you'd think it would), reading this has been spiritually refreshing. I have never read Christian fanfiction before, and I'll admit I went into this with one eye figuratively squeezed shut and both shoulders prepared to wince (why? It's so sad that I should have had that reaction), but I've been pleasantly and wonderfully surprised. Actually, as I went to a Catholic high school, that it's from a Catholic perspective stirs up memories of theology class and Mass and long discussions with friends.

Anyway, now that I've left actual review territory and entered into rambling territory, perhaps I should bring this to a close. Suffice it to say that your story is well-plotted, your writing is lovely, I'm greatly enjoying reading it, and I look forward to the next chapter. :D
10/20/2014 c25 20XanaduHawk
This story helped renew my faith today (it was one of two factors that did so). I just thought you'd like to know that.
10/20/2014 c2 XanaduHawk
Okaaaaay, this is interesting.
8/14/2014 c33 16Anifan1
Not your best chapter by a long shot, and once again too short, but the background information you gave was interesting. I want to emphasize, once again, that you have a habit of infrequent updates and entirely too short chapters. It's rather annoying for fans of this story to have to wait several months only to receive a few paragraphs. You might want to consider whether you actually want to continue writing this fic, or perhaps, allow another fan the option of adopting it. I mean this criticism to be constructive.
5/29/2014 c2 7Skepsis Forever
I've read so far and it's interesting. And still alive, which is always good. You wrote it well, though from the reviews, I have a feeling you're a perfectionist and you've rewritten the first chapters since their publishing. I don't know why I feel I missed some interesting stuff, but it's also good as it is too. And updating for over 7 years is impressive, I wish I'd have your resolve about it.
5/29/2014 c29 Brown
Ooh. Nice save there, Teresa.

Attack of the Browns!