for Sacred Host

12/12/2011 c25 5Eruantalon
You had me on a knife's edge throughout this chapter, simultaneously fearing and hoping that Toloth would slip up, do something completely out-of-character for Teresa, and make her family guess that something's going on. (But even then, what could they do or guess?) But I like the tension, and seeing Teresa's family makes me appreciate her more. This story seems to be getting better and better over the last several chapters!

I'm remembering how, when I was about twelve or thirteen, some of my friends were planning a night-long get-together over a weekend when my grandparents had planned to visit. My mother said they'd certainly understand my wanting to spend time with my friends, but I decided not to go anyway. Maybe Teresa (or her parents) could suggest not showing up at the Sharing because her grandmother's here?

But... that'd probably be out of character for Teresa by now. How many years has Teresa been captured by the Yeerks? How has Malcar had her treat her family? How many afternoons and evenings have been stolen from family and church for the Sharing and the Yeerk Tyranny, and what must Teresa's unknowing parents think of that by now?

(And just to add - as a Protestant, I agree wholeheartedly with Sister Anastasia's view of the Pope; as a Christian who reads the Bible, I also agree with the Pope's view on this particular issue. ;) )

(And what particular honor do only St. Catherine and Mother Teresa share?)
12/12/2011 c25 10Apakoha
Oh my goodness, this is such a cliffie! Toloth in the Sickles household is getting me on edge, man! =)
12/4/2011 c24 Your biggest fan
Please update. Im begging you please update
11/29/2011 c24 Weuer
This is incredible. O_O

Incredible.
11/29/2011 c18 Weuer
This is INCREDIBLE. O_O

...if idealistic.
11/21/2011 c24 2singing ferret
I like your analogy for the Trinity. The one I use is H2O, which breaks down quickly and would have been way over Gef's head.

H2O is one molecular substance, but it comes in three forms:ice, water, and vapor. The three forms can appear individually or together. Without H2O, the person becomes dehydrated, confused, ill, and dies.

"Through Him, we move and breathe and have our being."

OOps. Hadn't meant to preach. Only to say, "Good job. Keep studying God's word, and keep writing."
11/14/2011 c24 23Blondie Pants
Amist the crazynes of classes and work and life in general, i finally managed to catch up!

I LOVE toloth's character. his steadfast refusal to accept that teresa might be right in interesting alongside his curiosity.

can't wait to see how his turns out.
11/9/2011 c24 8Phyllis Joy Wolfe
Wow, am more anxious than ever to see where you're going with this.

Don't know if I've mentioned this before, but you are really the only person I've encountered so far who can effectively pull something like this off. Usually a story like this turns out childish and chock full of Mary-Sue. Congrats, and I anxiously await your next chapter ^_^
10/24/2011 c4 23Blondie Pants
this is intriguing to say the least. as a Christian myself, i have often wondered what it would be like to have lived as a controller. we are called to love everyone, and i have a hard enough time including some select people in that. how could i possibly find a way to love a yeerk?

you will definitely hear from me more.

oh, and this line: And then came a third thought, which, unlike the first two, Teresa wasn't quite convinced was her own: Well done, good and faithful servant.

just...oh my god. not a day goes by that i dont think about what it would be like to hear that in my Father's voice.
10/1/2011 c24 Your biggest fan
Please update, I keep checking back every, and I mean e v e r y , day to see if u have updated
9/8/2011 c24 Guest
There are no words as to how absolutely amazing this is. I'm wondering how many people are now christians, or have a renewed faith, because of this story. I had been straying myself, not really caring about it anymore, but I feel a lot better about it now. I really just wanted to go up to one of my non-christian friends and sit them down and show them how wonderful God is. I'm still going to be doing the things I have been doing, until I get myself some will power and draw away from the dark, gorey humor and the frequent curses I use. I really cannot find the correct phrase to truly show how grateful I am to you.

"Thank you," is just about all I can say.

I feel now like I would be able to do what Teresa is doing in a dangerous situation like that. I feel so much happier. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I hope you add another chapter, for not only is it an excellent example of a simple, average human being turned into something greater by the hands of God, but it has a great storyline too. ;)

I reaaly hope you know how much this has done for me. Previously, in my mind, I felt like sci-fi and religion just didn't mix. Especially with something like Animorphs. How is someone supposed keep beleiving when it seems around every corner, there is another possibility waiting to throw them off track? I read a very dark comic, about a homicidal man who kills people who are just plain jerks, or simply those that annoy him. His is a world where the only innocence found is in that of a terrified of everything young boy, who must have had every horror imaginable thrust upon him. Everyone is horribly mean and uncaring, and there is quite a bit of swearing. I think that's what threw me off the most. I somehow got the notion that the rest of the world, aside from my nice, isolated little world, was really like that. After reading the foreword, explaining this is some food for that little monster inside you, the one that wants to just rip out the hearts of the people that piss you off and make your life a Hell, to keep it from leaving the confines of your mind, and getting out to rear it's ugly head at those in the real world. That pushed me back up a bit, but this was the game changer for me.

I feel so much better now. And I've said it and I'll keep on saying it again and again, Thank. You.

-Piggie

Embrace the Madness. But now, I think you shouldn't go to overboard with it.
9/2/2011 c24 8Plural Force
I normally don't read fics like this, since I'm about as far from religious as you can get. But I clicked on this out of sheer curiosity, and ended up spending a good part of my evening last night reading the whole thing in one shot because I simply couldn't stop.

This fic is very well done. First off, I love the way you've written it in the style of a study of the history/anthropology of the war (or whatever you'd call it, but that's the impression I get from the writing). Especially love the footnotes. The amount of thought put into the languages and culture makes the whole thing that much more realistic.

The story itself is also quite engaging and well-written. I especially like Toloth; he's very ambitious, very Yeerk, but at the same time sympathetic enough that his interest in a human religion is completely believable. I for one find him quite a compelling character.

As I said before, I'm not religious by any means (I would even call myself atheist), but this story helps along my growing respect for Christianity. I never even thought of religion playing a role in the fight against the Yeerk invasion before this, but now I find myself wondering why it never occurred to me. I can easily see this happening in canon.

All in all, I'm impressed. Awaiting new chapters eagerly.
8/23/2011 c24 4voodooqueen126
Your characterisation of Toloth is brilliant.

"the feeling she felt for him was something like self interest but not directed at the self" was a brilliant line.
8/23/2011 c23 voodooqueen126
love the use footnotes.

and the yeerk subcultures...
8/22/2011 c18 42the Ambassador
What are the 'three types of unbelief'?

I am very fond of this story, by the by; it's a powerful work, and one with the ring of truth to it.
610 « Prev Page 1 .. 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 .. Last Next »