for 1916

Lovely
12/19/2020 c1 Guest
Lovely
11/2/2015 c1 33Gemini Explorer
This is a rather late review of this story, which I just read after it was mentioned to me by a friend. She said it has some elements of Lisa Paris's, "Another Time, Another Place", and I see why she thinks that.

But viewed on its own, it is quite different, only the aspect of M&R meeting in the war and not recognizing themselves when they later met on the Plateau being a common feature.

It is quite a charming little tale, although I'm not sure that an officer sleeping in a tent in the military lines could have a lady in for any normal reason. Regulations would probably be stricter. However, perhaps being a Field Grade officer (those ranking from Major to full Colonel) might let his tent be a little distant from others and if the night was cold and wet, maybe no one saw her enter or called on Roxton.

As a romance, the story fared well, I thought, although if they'd had sex to comfort one another and to cope with the stress of the war, it might have been more plausible than what John did here. It'd seem more likely. Also, I suspect that Roxton might speak quite good French. Many British officers would have learned French in school, as would aristocrats like him. But you may have guessed his fluency in that language as well as any of us TLW fans. We all see the characters a little differently, beyond what the show stated. I don't think the show ever mentioned his language abilities.

It's a good story. I enjoyed it.
1/10/2008 c1 29MK-LJR-BB
luv it! it made me cry... but a good cry...

^..^
5/19/2007 c1 103Missing Linka
What a great idea!

Really great!

THX
4/12/2007 c1 Ninie
Hi!

This fic was incredible. Realy, I adored it. I found it cute and loveful. I really felt their emotions and strange link they shared. Congrats!

You should write more :)

N.
4/11/2007 c1 219VisualIDentificationZeta
absolutely loved it, please write a sequel or further chapters!