for Verbal

4/17/2007 c1 48irismay42
Well, I certainly didn't expect that ending... But what an ending! And what a beginning and middle for that matter! As I've come to expect from some of your stories, what starts off as something hilarious and fun quickly descends into danger and angst - just the best things about the Winchester boys! To be honest, I for one could sit and listen to Dean talking about Bonanza all day, but I can see how it would wear on Sam! Good thing the Trickster wasn't around Seattle when the Wolf was - imagine HIM wishing for Dean to never stop talking...? (Oh now I've just gone all BigPink fan girlie...!)
4/17/2007 c1 15Winter1066
This was great! Man I think the shock alone, from the kiss, would have shut Dean up. I was so excited when I saw a new story. Now I have to beg for another.
4/16/2007 c1 Brigid Tanner
Poor Dean! that would be horrible for him, to have to EXPRESS everything! without any coffee!LOL!

I'm gonna have to think a little more about how Sam broke the curse. Part of me thinks Dean would have punched Sam out, nevermind that it was a "magic" kiss...and part of me is going into the gutter with Wincesty thoughts.

Wonderfully written story, guys perfectly in character. Except maybe for the kiss...but if that was the only thing to cure his brother, Sam wouldn't hesitate. Even if Dean did punch him out afterwards. Sorry, I'm rambling.
4/16/2007 c1 55historylover
I so loved this one. Except, to be honest, I'm not a fan of Wincest. And, that shocked me.

I just want to say-I'm a huge Beatles fan. I have everything that the Beatles have ever put out. Every CD. I know every song. And, I've always wondered why Rocky Raccoon had it bad for "Magill, but she called herself Lil, but everyone knew her as Nancy." That made me laugh so hard I woke up my roommate!

I had to grow up watching "Bonanza." I didn't even know it had lyrics!

Kat
4/16/2007 c1 NathMG
Oh My God! That was exhausting! I have to rest now:-)

I loved it. I have read so many stories that I can practically predict what will come next, but I did not see that one coming. You have once again proven to me why you are one of my favorite authors. I can't wait to see what you come up with next.
4/16/2007 c1 2rodevo
Oh wow...funny and hurting and...ow.

As someone who holds onto many things they would never ever say in a lifetime, yeah, this would be torture. And scary. And frustrating. And all those other things.

But OMG-such love for Dean talking and Sam trying to figure things out and take care of him and resist the urge to find out about things he both does and doesn't want to know about. I love the one-night-stand girl and her cowboy boyfriend who are so busy having their own argument they have no idea what Sam's saying. And I love everything Dean says to the guy in the bar-OMG, it just sounds like him and some of the things that would, really, be going on in his head.

I love that you underplay things in just the right way and that you also take the time to build things so that the tension is *right there* and (for example) Dean walking out of the room says way more than half of the things Dean has actually spoken already.

Thanks! Enjoyed it lots!
4/16/2007 c1 Minkster
I love this. The premise is fun, you kept the twists surprising, and the dialogue is believable. I was getting tired and frustrated vicariously for the boys, and the ending certainly gave me pause (I was expecting Sam to divulge private bits of life at Stanford, kudos on the surprise). I love the bit about Tracy's sister, and Dean diving right into picking a fight with the barfly. I'd read some of Dazzleland, and this reminds me to go back and finish it!
4/16/2007 c1 1Antigone11
I'm kind of confused. So the Trickster granted a warped version of Sam's wish for Dean to talk to him and share his emotions/feelings with him and so Sam figured out that to stop it, he had to basically grant a warped version of Dean's wish to, I don't know, 'connect' with Sam or to have Sam reflect back the love that Dean has always given to Sam? Or something? *scratches head*

I felt so bad for Dean, especially when he's telling Sam that he doesn't want to say the words that are coming out of his mouth. I can't think of too many things that would hurt Dean more than to make him say his deepest most personal thoughts out loud (which is why I really hated that Andy kid, you just don't DO that to Dean). I liked that Sam managed to pull back his desire to ask leading questions. I also really liked the characterization of Dean expressing his hurt at being shot by Sam and accepting Sam's unspoken apology in pracically the same breath.

I'm thinking that Etienne was the bartender? If he/she was hanging around the see the end result?
4/16/2007 c1 Jennygeee
I absolutely loved that! I was exhausted reading it! I’m glad that Sam had the goodness of mind not to take advantage of Dean. It was just so funny, I was giggling the whole way through and I just loved the ending.

You won’t believe this but I was listening to Gallows Pole while I was reading about Dean listing the lyrics – is that true that it was originally about a woman?

Loved the bit in the bar with Dean mouthing off to the guy in the cap – so funny!
4/16/2007 c1 8Windyfontaine
I'm stalking you :) Just kidding, the email beeped and I had to comment again on liking it. And would love more of that back story on the Comstock Lode. No talky show today, but there was a special on uses for gold, which is kind of a cousin to silver :) Oh right, fic review: yes, although if one knows Dean one knows how poetic justice-y it is that he has to talk and let out what he's thinking, and that could be funny, it really isn't. Especially the sore throat part, but also because to have one's will coerced like that is something that the boys would actually fight against methinks. Glad Sam figured it out, and love love love your writing as usual. Hope your day goes well :)
70 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5