for Gloves

7/10 c1 Elly
ok i read through the reviews and no one brought this up and i know the author hasn't been around but if anyone else is a weirdo like me and reads reviews and knows - didn't this get explained to Harry at the end of SS, that it was not him who killed quirrell but the act of Voldemort's wraith leaving his body? Felt kinda handwave-y to me at the time but it seems like a good enough reason and possibly even true to assure an 11 yr old. Like yeah he wouldn't have survived anyway but Harry didn't give the killing blow.

What I find more interesting is how him killing Tom in book 2 isn't even like, mentioned at all. Tom has a soul, mind, magic and was minutes away from surviving independently. Do we consider half born babies not alive? I can't think of many definitions of personhood that wouldn't include Tom. Is a clone not real? And then there's the whole crazy can of worms with how Harry killed the first person Ginny had a deep personal connection with but then they got married?! What a weird portrayal. Just because someone's an abusive asshole doesn't make the love less real, like sure she still had her crush on Harry but she woulda done anything for Tom. Unless I'm totally misinterpreted it. Like I've been with some real violent assholes but I would not even be able to be in the same room with someone who killed them without wanting to murder them. I get forgiveness from Ginny but not getting married like wtf

Got off topic. But yeah even if we don't count quirrell (Dumbledore didn't) Harry unambiguously killed Tom and no one seemed to even care or see if he was alright, nor was he introspective enough even in 6th year where he realized what he killed wasn't just a memory but had a ***soul***.
10/1/2021 c1 Daisy
Hauntingly beautiful.
8/25/2021 c1 1Tazuwrath
Oh, this was amazing. Absolutely beautiful
10/4/2019 c1 Ann Jinn
Outstanding. I wish more like these had been in the original Canon as it makes Harry a more alive person.
5/7/2018 c1 9Chaos Greymistchild
This. Was. Amazing. And now you have me thinking of another fic I read about Mukuro (from Reborn!) who constantly and obsessively wears gloves because he associates skin-on-skin/hand contact with pain and doesn't want to hurt those whom he loves, and it would just be poignant and wonderful if someone wrote something like that for Harry. Dammit, you have ruined me.

And I'm thoroughly enjoying every goddamn moment.
7/26/2017 c1 37Polly Little
An excellent take on something that was unusually dark for a children's book.
4/24/2017 c1 Lunaliceazreal
Bravo i got chills!
11/21/2015 c1 Fly
Chilling but fitting.
And yeah, I wondered if there was a sort of memory charm to repress that point. Harry had his dead visiting in nightmare bur poor Quirrell never had a whisper of a reference after the first book.
So good point and I like the realism of Harry's horror.
8/17/2015 c1 PaC
Poignant.
Melancholy.
Significant.
Tragic.
Powerful.
Deep.

An excellent short one-shot.

Funny, I'd link it if I could find it.
This fic reminded me of a moron's review:
Recently among some reviews of some story, some IDIOT wrote they were enjoying the not bashed Dumbles in the story..
The idiot said, that things were not really all that bad at the Dursleys for Harry, because JKR wrote that abuse and all just to be FUNNY. Plus,obviously it didn't really do Harry any harm, he turned out fine blah blah blah MORONIC VOMIT...lol.

Although this was about the aftermath of killing QuirellDeMort.
It badly contrasted with that idiot's review for some fic I read recently, the EFFECTS on Harry, with how LIVING in Durskaban had to have "damaged" Harry psychologically. But the idiot thinking otherwise, no problem, Harry shed any and all affects like water off a ducks back.
4/26/2015 c1 16LightsPast
haunting and powerful ... really well done!
10/1/2014 c1 Bil
Very good, and something that needed to be said. Thank you.
6/27/2014 c1 12BluishBleach
This was, actually, the first ever Fanfiction story I ever read. I have thought about this story for years, quite honestly, and I was always like, 'I wonder if I can find that really well written story about Harry and Quirrell and gloves?' I can't believe that I found it again, after all of this time! Very well written...

I honestly cannot think of any better story to have ushered me into maze that is . Thank you so much for writing this story. And I mean that really and truly- I a grateful. :)
12/6/2013 c1 MozSpade
Finally I read it... I can stop myself imaging the scene of “he kneeling by the lake one morning, pre-dawn grey and mist and a small figure in black robes staring at the water ” too... It's so dreary but so beautiful... Just think about the environment! That can really take my breath away. And, honestly I have never think of this serious question... hmmm...
Well, in a word, i am so in favor of this fanfic! :)
8/9/2013 c1 5Endgames
I really like this. It never made much sense how blasé about killing Quirrell Harry was. And how he didn't see Thestrals until Cedric died, despite being "blinded by pain in his scar" then as well. I suppose if Harry passed out at the time supported by canon, he would have felt only the sensation of blistering skin under his fingers. But if he stayed awake for just a bit longer. If he really understood what he felt. This was a really good interpretation of what it might have been like.
7/26/2013 c1 Sweet Moments
Thank you for reminding me that Harry became a murderer at 11 and it was glossed over.
87 Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »