FanFiction.Net
for Gloves

9/20/2010 c1 51RockBane
Nobody ever seemed to review Harry's reaction to killing him, have they? I mean, he literally watched Quirrell die before him, becoming ashes and yet, it didn't seem to traumatize him at all!

I'd almost wager that Dumbledore done something to Harry to keep the eleven year old from really feeling anything from that experience...
9/19/2010 c1 Nights Silhouette
An intresting idea, I would not mind seeing what this Harry would be like in the years to come, how this would have affected his out-look on life. Would he have learnt more so that he would have more options in the future, would he less hesistent to kill when faced with Death Eaters etc.
9/19/2010 c1 Alexandra Knight
very intresting i really enjoyed it
8/18/2010 c1 shenmi meiren
wow.

there's just no other word for what you've created here.

wow.
8/3/2010 c1 1Tehol.Beddict
Well-written, but you seem to have forgotten children at the age of eleven never seem to have the cognizant thinking capabilities that young Harry here is showing.

You could, perhaps have attributed it to First Blood, the first taking of a life by an innocent child, but that's a long shot.

Nevertheless, the story was well-written, short, and dark. The perfect flavor.

Thanks for sharing
2/9/2010 c1 Wolfric
Interesting, canon Harry is not very introspective, as far as we know. My impression is that Harry is a man of action, pretty good at sizing up a situation and picking the most likely successful course of action. When he's not "in the moment" he mostly just goes with the flow and lets Hermione do the planning. Of course most people are not good at everything. Thanks for writing. W.
12/29/2009 c1 ForgottenTales
I thought it was very insightfull. I've never thought about what Harry would feel about the death of Quirrell. I guess it's cause it just happened, and wasn't dwelt upon. Quirrell was bad, he was an (not the, but just an) enemy, disposable, a pawn, therefore his death was not mourned, it was ok that he died.

But Harry was after all, an 11 year old. I guess it would have tramatised him. But maybe because he was only 11, he could forget it, for it happened so fast, and he didn't mean to kill.
12/25/2009 c1 14dragongirlG
Beautiful and chilling. This was a great follow-up to PS/SS - poor Harry. I'm glad you explored how scarred he would be after actually killing someone.
12/24/2009 c1 Peregrinate
Sad. I like, though. I'm glad you gave Quirrell some character, you know. Few people bother to do that. The others, as well. Quite nice. :)
10/23/2009 c1 75X59
You did really good job.

“And I have sometimes wondered, in the silence of the night, if it was knowledge of the dark without that scared me, or the dark within.”

You make that up yourself?
10/12/2009 c1 lorrainemarkeryahoo.com
This is suburb. A wonderful reflection of what actually happened and what Harry felt under his hands as Quirrel died. That Quirrel made his choices and didn't survive them, couldn't survive from the moment he let Voldermort possess him doesn't really matter to Harry. He's killed now.
8/10/2009 c1 2Portus
Excellent one-shot. I liked the glimpses into DADA classes with Quirrel and the vivid imagery of Harry's feelings as his touch burned Quirrell's skin, muscle, etc.

I liked the pacing and the piece was very well-written, just like your Forging the Sword story, which I absolutely love. I also enjoyed reading your author's notes, as they gave insught into your ways of addressing the Thestrals issue, and that made reading the story even better.

Again, thanks, and you can find this piece reviewed over on DLP as well.
6/13/2009 c1 4krachum
Great oneshot on a subject completely ignored in the books! And on a theme that is suprisingly absent from fandom. Congrats!
5/17/2009 c1 InuFan3545
Just want to say thanks for an intriguing look inside! I wondered after reading the first book, why J.K. never touched on the fact that, intent or not, Harry had killed someone by his hand. Surely that would leave an indelible scar on his psyche? But we never know, alas. Hope to see more from you!
5/4/2009 c1 1en extase
Thought provoking. Nice work.
87 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »