for Beauty and the Beast

1/3/2016 c19 gisela19wwe
awesome history
12/25/2014 c19 Guest
Very beautiful, well written story!
2/11/2013 c19 3Tilly0006
I love your story it is so touching and beautiful.
11/10/2011 c1 1dramamaster829
Hello Hewy Toonmoore,

Just recently I have read this entire story and I must admit this was a rather fascinating read. Taking the inspiration from the classic Disney Renaissance film and then combining it with your own original ideas turned out to be better than I thought it would be. A classic story with new twists, new characters, and even a new plot makes this read all the more worth it. Because if there are two things I like about FanFics are the following: A great story and unforgettable characters. As of today, I felt this story truly accomplished that feat.

Now being a critic, I am going to be as honest as possible with this. While this story was inspired by a classic film, in the beginning I admit that I was worried because there were times when it was a little too much like the movie. What I am trying to say is that even with the new characters, it kind of felt like the same story and even the prologue was the same as the one in the movie. In my experience, just because you want to base a story on a timeless classic it only means that we want to see what you offer as an artist and not what the original directors did. But because this was probably one of your earliest works, considering you have improved in the next couple of years, I am going to go easy on you for this one.

But on a positive note, as we progressed in the story we definitely started to see that originality unfold a bit. Even though Lumiere and Cogsworth are back in this story, maybe it wouldn't be Beauty and the Beast without them, the addition of the new servants definitely adds the originality to it in some ways. From the assistant-head of household Manx to Miss Doe and her daughter, Katrina, and even a Wooden Butler adds to the story their own character and uniqueness to this story. Though Frederick La'Belle shares a lot of similarities to Belle, I am at least pleased to see that he retains his own personality and thus providing a strong male lead. But I feel that it's our strongest female lead, Maria the Beast, who truly steals the show with this story with her personality and charm that makes her a beloved character from start to finish.

Now when it comes to some of the characters in this story, Gaston definitely had the biggest make-over in this story. While in the movie he only wants to marry Belle, instead he wants Frederick to marry his sister. Now he's still the same jerk that we as an audience are familiar with, but to me it almost appears that he was also inspired from the Gaston from the original storyboard for the film in some odd way. And rather than falling to his death like in the movie, instead he gets sent to the looney-bin seemingly like a tribute to a Pocahontas moment. But if there's one thing we can all agree with is that we are glad he gets his come-up-its in the end.

Overall, this FanFic was truly worth reading from start to finish. Even though some of the characters and story are the same, it's good to know that the story starts to get original later on. Now I admit some moments on this book are a little corny, but then again this is one of your earliest works. But I'm sure that perhaps someday this story will in fact make a great screenplay for a future film someday. Who knows? It could be a Tim Burton theatrical release or it could go straight to DVD-Release or something. But whatever happens with this story, I certainly agree that it accomplished two important qualities: Great story-telling with unforgettable characters.
11/18/2010 c18 AllyBallyBee93
This was a very interesting fanfic, as well as really good. I was fasinated how the role reversal worked, how the characters react to one another and impressed with the new elements you put in, for example, some of the servants being turned into animals rather than furniture or pieces of utility.

The writing was a bit corny, but I didn't really mind. It was corny in a nice way. If that makes any sense.

Good job, Hewy!

Yours truely,

Ally.
10/29/2010 c2 5FeatherDaydreamer
I like the story, but something is kind of bothering me.

I'm getting kind of the small-town sort of vibe, the kind where everybody knows everybody. If I'm right, than why hasn't he met his fiance? (Written just after reading the 1st chapter, so if you clear it up later, sorry) : )
7/5/2010 c1 dreamer 3097
this is good
2/23/2010 c4 9wicked Rock Star
Great story.
6/30/2009 c1 15Ryoko368
Cool intro. It's like the movie, but it's also different. Expect more reviews from me!
6/30/2009 c6 The FanFic Critic
Excellent! I think this is my favorite chapter so far. I gotta stop reading for now. I'll give you my next review as soon as possible!
6/30/2009 c5 The FanFic Critic
Great chapter! It's like the movie but isn't at the same time. Clever.
6/30/2009 c4 The FanFic Critic
I love how different this is. This story is very creative.
6/30/2009 c3 The FanFic Critic
Very good chapter! I noticed a few grammar mistakes. Be sure to read your chapters over before publishing them on the web.
6/30/2009 c2 The FanFic Critic
"The entire class giggled as Tommy blusshed" - Be careful with mistakes like this in the future. Other than that, great chapter! I like how it's like the movie, but different at the same time.
6/30/2009 c1 The FanFic Critic
Hi! This is the FanFic Critic that you saw on MySpace. Good introduction so far. A bit short, but still good. Because of the length of this story, I won't be able to do a video on it. So, my solution is to give you a detailed review on each chapter. You can delete these reviews if you want. I do have a account, but I don't want to use it for doing FanFic Critic reviews. Expect my next review soon!

~The FanFic Critic