for Disposable Heroes

8/20/2009 c1 30Stoneage Woman
God, how heartbreaking. You write beautifully.
9/11/2007 c1 5Jadeyuy
Ha ha! Great story. I'm a mormon from Utah, and your first part made me laugh.
8/30/2007 c1 jenilee
That was so sad. I really like how you wrote this it felt like it was going by as fast as the little bit of time Dean had left. Now I'm gonna go cry in my coffee.

Very nice piece.
5/26/2007 c1 10inzane73
*sniff* Wow. That was really good. *sniff*

I need a tissue.

~Inzane
5/22/2007 c1 Tripped
This is completely nitpicky (and I loved absolutely everything else about this coda) but I'm so tired of the perception and portrayal that it is okay to mock Mormons. (It's not really okay to mock any other lifestyle in our society, so why Mormons?) I can see Dean going on a rant about just about anything, for the hell of it, but I can't really see Sam, in particular, as being that narrow minded, or see him even consider joining in.

And I said this was nitpicky, so sorry. It was probably just this casual thing you threw in there; I don’t see you as really being discriminatory in any way. It just got under my skin.
5/21/2007 c1 JazzyIrish
God, if the episode didn't kill me, this tag has a shot. I didn't just cry while reading this, I sobbed and couldn't read the screen. Where oh where are our happy endings? Oh yeah, that's right, the Winchesters don't get happy endings. Seriously, this fic tore my heart in two. I was hopeful at first that you had come up with the magic solution (to offer Kripke), but the reality just punched me.

I really liked the style - rambling stories of time passing and what the brothers talk about and do. This line really hit home: "Dean looks at Sam sometimes, really looks at him when he thinks Sam is distracted or pissy or sleeping. There’s five and a half months left and Sam is starting to read those looks as Goodbye." And then things get even more serious, darker, less hopeful...

Wish you could have given us a happy ending, but then it wouldn't have been such a powerful fic. As it is, it's one of the best I've read about the finale. Very creative and well written. Thanks for sharing this with us. I'll be looking forward to reading more of your work.
5/20/2007 c1 Sera and Tails
I'm in tears right now. Perfectly written and so...sad! *breaks out into sobs*

Sera
5/20/2007 c1 Cyberwolf
hi-

nice story ... i doubt it's gonna happen - Dean WILL LIVE!
5/20/2007 c1 sugarquill4ron
omg i have tears in my eyes and...and...*brain does not compute*

im at a loss of words...but...yeah...brilliant! i love it! ok no, i hate that Dean died, but i loved your writing and how it happened...

“You know,” Dean starts suddenly, before Sam can break the hell down, “when Mom was pregnant with you, she was sure you were gonna be a girl.” He laughs. “Man, I was so pissed. I didn’t want a sister, I wanted a brother.” There’s a stretch of silence, before Dean shrugs and tacks on, “I just remember that.”

“Dean . . .”

“You should go.”

*sigh* i got all choked up over that. awesome!
5/20/2007 c1 5Magnificently-In-Love
gosh i'm gonna cry...so sad beautiful job
5/20/2007 c1 16Poaetpainter
Amazing story... sad, very sad now...
5/20/2007 c1 anon
The thing with these stories where Sam doesn't save Dean and he dies and Sam goes on with his life is you seem to be forgetting the whole "soul in hell" part. Dealing with a loved ones passing is one thing, knowing that every second that goes by they are being tortured and will be for an eternity in hell for you is another. That fact alone will drive Sam mad until he could find away to release his brother's soul from hell no matter what it would take. Personally I think he'd drive straight from the pyre to that cemetary, reopen the gate to hell world be damned, and pull Dean out himself. But I think you're right, I think it will end with Sam letting himself go darkside (minus the concussion cause let's face it the show only survives as long as both brothers do) enough to control the demon to save Dean, why mention it otherwise.
5/20/2007 c1 9Linnie McCary
Beautiful job. Not maudlin, just heart-breaking.
5/20/2007 c1 2filan vampire
I was holding up alright up until the part when it's the Beer. Then the achey feeling in the heart started because we start to realise there's no escape for Dean. He didn't deserve to go like this! And even when he was about to die he still cared for Sammy to push the bed against the bathroom door. Since Sammy was out cold I don't think he was trying to keep Sammy in, but rather, trying to stop those hounds from finding Sammy.

The ending, I don't get, I might be slow, but is Sammy thinking about something?
5/20/2007 c1 14may7fic
I'm not just crying but damn near sobbing. . . guh! . . . what a beautifully written story, I don't have the words to praise the pacing or characterization, or - just - guh! Bravo!
23 Page 1 2 Next »