for Forging the Sword

1/16 c10 marvinkitfox1
Professor Aesolon really considers the Muggle threat to wizards to be zero?

Ok professor, I wash you to consider these two numbers:
The Wizarding population of the city of Hirosima on 6 aug 1945 at 08:10
and
The Wizarding population of the city of Hiroshima on 6 aug 1945 at 08:20

For the Muggles, those figures are 345 000, and 280 000. 75 000 killed in under 10 minutes. 22% of all people in the city dead, in under 10 minutes.
How many wizards were there, too?

As it is a regional capital of great historic, economic and cultural significance, there should have been a significant Wizardly presence.

Did their magic, their wands protect them?
I can believe that the surviving wizarding population could cope witht he subsequent fires, radiation and starvation much better than the muggles could. But it would not have protected them against the initial blast.

That was muggles, kiling muggles. They did not know of the wizards there, they did not target them. All the wizarding people that dies at Hiroshima did so because *they were mere collateral damage*.
1/16 c9 marvinkitfox1
Ron "Why would you lose your wand?"

Sorry, but right here the author just shot their own credibiity to flinders.

RON, above all the students, should know. Did he not break his wand, and have to spellotape it into a semblance of functionality? That's "losing" it.

Did Lockheat not take Ron's wand, down in the Chamber, and threaten him with it? That's "losing" it.
Did the subsequent backfire not destroy his wand, preventing him from using his wand to get to Harry in the chamber, past the rockfall? That's "losing" it.

RON MAKE A HABIT OF LOSING HIS WAND, IT WOULD BE LUDICROUS FOR ***HIM*** TO THINK WANDS ARE UN-LOSEABLE! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
1/12 c15 Guest
Using the Hogwarts Express is genius. This is a beautiful little fic and i have very much enjoyed reading
1/4 c2 tfuinsah
Honestly I can't believe Dumbledore let Harry walk out without saying more. The boy thinks he just killed his friends sister and all he let him walk out without assurances that it obviously wasn't his fault. He had the choice of letting another Voldemort come about, get himself, Ginny and countless others killed or just kill Voldemort with a chance of Ginny dying. If anything he gave her the best chance to live while also protecting himself and other people. I might be missing something but leaving Harry alone to stew in those thoughts just doesn't seem like the right course of action, especially when no one else disagreed with him.
1/4 c1 tfuinsah
Well that sucked. I get that he needed to find his resolve and whatnot but that costed minutes that he didn't have. Maybe if he killed the diary and didn't waste time Ginny wouldn't have died. All things I'm sure he'll think about later. If he finds out later on that Ginny could've survived if he killed Tom earlier that would be something to behold.
1/2 c15 3420Iolaire02
This is absolutely incredible. Both your writing and plotting are fantastic, and the way you've characterized the trio is also wonderful. I like that you've taken this divergent concept and really diverged from canon-it makes the read extremely interesting because what's coming next is completely unprecedented. Additionally, your magical theory and curriculum are fascinating; the amount of planning and effort that you've put into this is both astounding and inspiring. I'm excited to see what you do next, should you ever continue writing. This is probably one of my all-time favorite fics, and I will definitely be reading it again at some point, so thank you, thank you, thank you for taking this idea and doing what you've done with it. I hope that, wherever you are and whatever you're doing, you're alright.
11/22/2021 c15 Seneschi
F
11/3/2021 c15 45slstmaraudersjple
I had this bookmarked for ages and finally got around to reading it and this is literally one of the best Golden Trio fanfics I've ever read! I hope to read more of this one day!
10/26/2021 c14 charlie
I really, really like what you did with the House Elves, it makes a lot more sense then any of the other fannon explanations (ie: wizards made them, they were enslaved and cursed, etc.)
10/15/2021 c4 crazydavey
He's still considering it uncontrolled magic, but it seems he's basically learning wandless magic, since he's learning control. He isn't just learning how to access magic of some form, he's learning how to call it up at will, without using emotions as a crutch, and make it do exactly what he wants and nothing else. Cool. I enjoyed the theory behind this in the story. I'm looking forward to Harry "negotiating" with his wonderful relatives.
10/15/2021 c2 crazydavey
That part about the Gryffindors and Slytherins is pretty cool. Rather poetic. It also is an interesting idea that people in those houses might have more in common than people would think.
Harry almost impaling Malfoy with the sword of Gryffindor was pretty badass lol. This is so far a bit darker than canon, but really well done.
10/14/2021 c15 Wiwerse
So I guess this is fully abandoned. From your authors notes, I infer that you took a three year break, but it's now been *checks notes*, 7 years since this was abandoned. Nevertheless, thank you for writing it, I thoroughly enjoyed it, and you shone a light on some parts of canon I needed a reminder of.
9/7/2021 c15 mendy.green
Read everything in one sitting. Really with you'd continue this story. Really well done.
9/1/2021 c15 Guest
Please update! I really miss this story, it was spectacular!
8/22/2021 c15 LocoBriar
I hope you continue this story someday. ️
3,349 « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »