for The Phantom Count

12/5/2008 c43 17curricle
Bwaha remember me? 8D

Yeah, sorry I disappeared for... forever. Life gets in the way, y'know? But dang, this was very good. It's like CMC condensed- just as good, but, y'know, not twelve hundred pages. Luff, luff, luff, etc. And when I finally came back to this and saw the name d'Arcy I spazzed, because I've recently become a huge Pride and Prejudice fan (I love the name Darcy. It rolls off the tongue quite nicely, yes? XD)

Two thumbs up! Wunnerful, wunnerful fic! 8D
10/16/2008 c43 Mr. Nobody
Greetings kriitikko, or whoever you wish to be addressed as!

I shall tell you now, I have just finished reading you fanfiction, after 6 months of reading, and I must say, it was beautiful! Absolutely dramatic, inspiring, wonderfully well played! You had fit the roles perfectly well, and made it into a wonderful story fitting for the Count of Monte Cristo, and the Phantom of the Opera!

Six months ago, I was searching for a cross-over story for the Count of Monte Cristo, and then I came across this story, and I must shamefully admit, I didn't think anything of it by first glance, until I read the first few chapters. Now at the time, I wasn't inspired to read a whole lot of it, only reading the first 7 chapters, that is until I saw recently the Phantom of the Opera, both the Old one and the New one, so I was inspired to read the rest of this!

I officially give you Two thumbs up, five stars, and a 10 of 10. You really thought this beautiful piece through, and you have succeeded in making a masterpiece!

Congrats on a job well done!

Signed,

Mr. Nobody

P.S. Sorry for making this Review so long!
6/21/2008 c43 1L'oiseau-lyre
I don't know what to say but: This was the perfect end to a well planned and beautifully written story! And in a way the count had sort of a happy end for himself, and the last sentence was really good.

And I always liked Andre and Firmin and all the minor characters that never felt truly minor in this story. They all played important roles - those were not reserved for only a very small group of the most important characters, which is indeed (I think) what many films and stories lack.

However, well done indeed. You do not by any chance plan to write another story soon? I would be delighted to read it.

Greetings
6/21/2008 c43 25Lorien Urbani
/jaw drop/ /teary/ Thank you so much, Otto, for what you said in the end. I'm glad my reviews kept a bit of faith in you. You have to know that this story is WONDERFUL. It showed to me that you really are a talented author, who can improve with each new work. I'm happy that you persisted, it would have been a shame if you hadn't. Thank you for that as well.

Wow, what an end! This chapter concluded this story really nicely. It settled the matters and the characters can really look to the future and live, truly leave, released of all burdens. Makes me feel warm and calm at heart, like now, everything is going to be fine, no need to worry.

The last bit made my eyes misty, so congratulations for that. "And just before she walks to greet her son, of whom she is so proud of, who also managed to leave past behind and look to the future, she closes her eyes and shuts all the outside noises away. And for a briefest moment, she can still hear a tender, loving voice singing softly to her ear an old minstrel song of a nightingale and a rose."

WOW! I'm speechless.

This story is one of your best works so far. It seems you really tried this time (although you always do). You gave a lot to us, a lot to this fic. T
6/13/2008 c42 1L'oiseau-lyre
Oh final chapter is to come then? Kinda sad that the story is coming to an end...but still I'm looking forward to reading it...happy end, please? *sniff*
6/13/2008 c42 25Lorien Urbani
Amazing! You are one of the most insightful and unpredictable writers I know, which you must most definitely consider as a compliment. You brought forgiveness to a new level for me, and I believe you, it's not forced in any way, so I'm really pleased with how things turned out. The Count's revenge didn't work, but he came out a winner because of his ability to forgive and let go. That finally makes him far better from his nemeses. Wonderfully done.

His conversation with Christine totally undid me. I was kind of sad that they didn't "get together" at last, but they parted as friends and as they should have all those years ago. I feel satisfied in the end, I do.

The next chapter will be the last one? /sob/ I love this fic, I will be so sad to stop reading it soon! But I'll be happy to read the last chapter as well. Though, it's sad, it sure is, that this fic is ending.
6/9/2008 c41 Friend to the Phantom
Wow! Nice work! Great job twisting "fates"-for lack of a better word.
6/7/2008 c41 1L'oiseau-lyre
ooh suspense again! Well done!
6/7/2008 c41 25Lorien Urbani
Wow, I'm in awe! So many emotions live in this chapter, I went from amazed, to proud, to scared and shocked. What I lobed most is how you handled forgiveness. I I didn't know you, I'd say your words came from an elderly experienced man, but it's you. This proves that you are a very insightful author. Kudos!

And oh mamma mia! Raoul shot himself, thinking he killed Charles? That's tragic. Raoul was a bastard, but he loved his son and that makes his death really sad. /sob/ But I am very happy that the Count refused to fight, Charles's words touched him, he was able to somehow forgive. /sob of joy/feeling teary/

Glorious! WMS!
6/2/2008 c40 Lorien Urbani
This has got to be one of the best chapters I have ever read in my life! Through Erik's eyes completely, with all the details, his story, and the way you told it just blew me away, honestly. I really don't know what to say exactly, you have me quite speechless. All I know is that I enjoyed every single bit of the Count's tale and it may have made my mouth gape and my eyes slightly blurry. Please, please, WMS! I can't wait to read the next chapter, because really, really, I can't wait to read about Charles's thoughts on the matter and how this will affect his duel and relationship with the Count. Wootness! You rock, Otto, you seriously rock!
5/30/2008 c40 1L'oiseau-lyre
Splendid, now Charles can be on his side, right? :-) A story well told. It's interesting to have Erik not deformed since his birth, but later on, it certainly makes him different. And now Raoul is on his way... well, I'm looking forward to reading the next chapter, as always!

Greetings from Germany
5/26/2008 c39 Friend to the Phantom
Otto,

Your story has progressed well! I loved the wedding being crashed, that was wonderful! And the Count, you have layed this out so well, each piece of the his plan coming together.Your work is a joy to follow. You have an amazing talent!

I know my last review was a long time ago, but I have been reading, and enjoying it very much. More often then not, I print your updates so that I can read them on the run, but that causes a bit of a problem when it comes to reviewing. Sorry I have been distant.

quite but here,

michelle
5/24/2008 c39 25Lorien Urbani
Wow! This chapter was powerful, and I mean POWERFUL! First the part with Christine waiting and remembering. My heart went out to her, it really did. I could feel her disappointment, really, when Raoul finally admitted he was guilty of the accusations against him. Poor Christine! And dear oh dear, will Raoul go to the Notre Dame? Yikes! I'm super anxious!

The second part almost brought me to tears! The Count, Erik, intends to die.../sob sob sob/ But Charles wants to talk, yay! I hope they can talk it out, I really do! I have no idea what to expect, you tease! I LOVE this! Please, WMS!
5/22/2008 c39 1L'oiseau-lyre
Ooh suspense! Next one please!
5/17/2008 c38 Dark Rose 1559
Wow this is way too good, its realy amaizing. Wonder what happens next, who will be his next "victiom"
102 Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »