FanFiction.Net
for A Fair Amount of Courage

12/25/2021 c17 George
Hello! I absolutely love this story! Sophie's such a lovable character, even though I was frustrated at her a lot of times throughout the story. Thank the heavens George and her made up already; I don't think I'll be able to handle them dancing around each other anymore. I hope to read more about them, and possibly a George POV?
7/1/2021 c17 43dreamingshores
Just to say I really enjoyed resding this fic. It is beautifully written. Sophie's character is developed so delicately and carefully it was a joy to see her grow and blossom. I like how the main events of HP don't overshadow her own storyline and she slips into the proceedings really naturally. Your other OCs like Viv I really enjoyed too and the plots woven around them like Viv and Sophie falling out etc were really well executed - you have a great knack for pacing and linking it all together. Alicia, Lee and other canon characters etc, the way you write them as the lynchpins of Sophie's friendship group was amazing too. The back and forth of the dialogue, the strong feeling of empathy, their bond, so well done. It was very real.

I particularly enjoyed your portrayal of Fred and George, they were true to canon by you also gave them your own twist. Their dialogue too was classic all the way through like Fred's ongoing love nest threat, the can of kelpies, George offering to take Sophie on the back of his broom whilst plotting their escape from Umbridge's tyrannical rule because Sophie can't ridea a broomstick and the whole Tree girl joke etc.

I also particularly enjoyed Snape's tart remark to Sophie about her operatic behaviour.

I also really adored the slowburn romance - Sophie doesn't have much confidence in herself and George has that confidence in her, so it is going to take time for them both to work out their balance. The little moments between them in the build up was lovely and when George first kissed Sophie, I mentally fistpunched the air. I think it was really realistic for Sophie to flake and be full of doubts over things changing with George and also the way she worked her issues out was done well too.

The whole fic was just delightful and funny and Sophie is lovely and just so human and vulnerable. Keep it up and I look forward to reading more of their romance now they are together.
1/31/2021 c17 Luluisme
I’ve just reread this story and remembered how good it is and how much I enjoyed it. I’d love to see it continue, how does Sophie get on during the difficult year of the battles, was she at Bill and Fleur’s wedding, and especially her and George’s relationship develop. More please!
10/14/2020 c11 Bb
That was one good kiss scene
11/12/2019 c17 Callie
I know it's been a long time since an update, but I just re-read this story and I fell in love again! I want to see more of George and Sophie especially now that they're together, and really really hope you update one day! Such great writing and chemistry between them, and I love the moments that Sophie gets bold and realizes her strength.
7/29/2019 c17 7M. Jackson Potter
Exceptional writing, exceptional characters, exceptional storytelling! Just an all-around brilliant piece of writing. Hope you haven't let this story go, even though it's been a while (you did, however, update it six years later than planned, so I still haven't given up).
7/29/2019 c5 M. Jackson Potter
Is x a damn good story?
7/9/2019 c17 7EviColt
I have read each of your stories over again and all I can think is that I hope you come back eventually and also that you’re doing well since it’s been so long for an update on any of your HP fics. Knowing me, I’ll end up reading them again at some point because I love them all so much. Take care of yourself! Can’t wait to see how life is treating you as well.
6/27/2019 c17 1Pamela Hutchins
I hope you continue this story!
6/20/2019 c14 Guest
I love your other works, and adore your other OC characters, I just cant help but dislike this OC though.
6/13/2019 c17 Pamela Hutchins
I absolutely love this story!
10/18/2018 c17 7EviColt
Oh mah gawwwwddddd! I hope you have a new chapter for this soon. I am obsessed! Dunciest of dunce gets me. I say the exact same things haha. I seriously love your stories.
8/20/2018 c17 spiralheads
the last chapter just had me grinning constantly. so sweet and funny and exactly what i needed. hope you find the time/motivation to update/finish this someday. also now i just really want sophie to officially meet the weasleys
2/11/2018 c17 Guest
I never leave reviews but this is pretty damn precious. Can't WAIT to see what happens next!
2/4/2018 c17 12emptyonideas
Ahh! I was so happy this was updated. I re-read all the other chapters so it was like reading it again, and then this new chapter made me giddy. :) I'm a little nervous, because it feels like things are too happy and there's still dark times ahead, but I can't wait for more! Her and George together make me smile!
298 Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »