for Harry Potter and the Power of the Past

8/8/2020 c1 endatime
i expect a writer to get to something interesting within the first chapter. after finishing the first chapter we have learned a few things.
1. harry is dating tonks
2. harry is a hit wizard
3. harry plays for the national quidditch team
and that's it. none of these can sustain a story. sirius escaping is something everybody has read about, the dialogue in the beginning is profoundly uninteresting, and everything "new" introduced to the story has been done and hashed over a thousand times. i do not have the patience to handle your writing.
also, harry's character is boring.
ta.
1/17/2019 c1 Random
I loved this story! One of the best fan fictions i ever read. I’ll be sure to recommend it to my friends.
8/11/2017 c12 7DaSalvatore
Reading this story has allowed me to realise what it is about your story telling that doesn't work for me as a reader.

This is an interesting AU but your scene jumps have made it so that all I'm reading is essentially a collection of skits. While there is a story tying everything together, the scenes are far too small and without enough detail to make me interested in finding out what happens.

You are a decent writer who has some good ideas. I would highly suggest working on the pacing of your story (seven or eight chapter prologues or telling readers to keep being patient doesn't work) as well as growing your scenes so that we have a chance to learn about your characters.

Twelve chapters in and all I learnt about Harry is his childhood was the same as canon, he's got a deep rage inside of him and his marrying Tonks. I know absolutely nothing original about any of your characters apart from jobs/investments.
8/6/2017 c1 Katt
This is so confusing, I quit reading it and I didn't even go halfway down the page. What is wrong with you?
4/24/2017 c47 Corneliusduke
I found your story to be a little confusing. Way too much drama, for me, although you did complete your story (sort of). I like "Driftwoods", type of stories (although I'd like them to be completed). Yours seems to go off in strange directions too much. I'd like more of these to be after the war (With Tonks, Fleur, or Hermione). I do like Harry being as smart as Hermione (or smarter) that was right on. I like him being in Ravenclaw, and I also like Ron cast off like so much rubble. I do read a lot, and I read about Harry for a bit of light reading (check my profile). I don't like coming off as too negative. Keep at it and at least you completed it.
3/29/2017 c39 Guest
You have literally said that the story ends in 3 chapters roughy every other chapter for about 8 chapters now.
1/14/2017 c1 LifeBeyondTheVeil
Solid first chapter with plenty of hooks with all the favorite characters
11/29/2016 c14 tanzar81
I hope you giving use everyone's blood status actually pertains to your fic. Because otherwise i don't really care who has what blood...

All in all pretty good fic so far. Thank you for sharing.
10/9/2016 c41 Spazzman29
You made it blatantly obvious that Theodore was Kylie, I'm not sure why you didn't reveal it for so long. I knew it from the very start.
10/8/2016 c2 Spazzman29
So other than quidditch Harry has none of his achievements?
10/1/2016 c47 Yaw613
Please write the next chapter already. Thank you very much. I really appreciated it and liked it a lot.
7/30/2016 c3 elgreco93
re
7/6/2016 c47 Octavius6
Will there ever be any up dates to this story?
1/15/2016 c47 NatNicole
I love everything about this story!
1/15/2016 c2 NatNicole
Eh, I like my crazy theories better.
Awesome chapter, though.