for A Hero's Funeral

9/17/2012 c1 Burninghammer63088
Aw man... I think my fave character is that little Nekkid Mole Rat

Great story mate. Sad but awesome. The odd spelling mistake aside, it was very well written. I enjoyed it a lot. Ta very much for posting.

Dan F
1/9/2010 c1 5shana elmsford
poor little GUY

cute but sad

A+
7/2/2009 c1 52Rye-bread
2 things. First, the layout of the story-skipped lines between the paragraphs would make easier to read.

Second, the content. I was in a poor mood when I first read it, and I thought a big funeral for an animal was overdone-until I read the review by Thomas Lunquist. He’s quite right about police dogs being according burial with honor. If I were you, I would make a note in your profile to that effect. It adds a note of realism and sublimity.

I also recalled the story of burying a pet in an in-law’s family. Their grandfather had just been buried. He had been a farmer-a true man of the earth-loved animals. Every spring, it was such fun to watch him feed the newborn lambs who had been abandoned by their mothers. Formula in a beer bottle with a nipple.

He had a couple housecats. They would always curl up in his lap. And when he had to move to the home for the elderly, the cat there did the same thing.

A beloved pet had died. They took it in a shoebox to Grandpa’s gravesite after the funeral. The crowd had left. Grandpa’s grave would not be filled in until next day. They buried the beloved pet with the man who loved animals. No one knew but them and God.
3/11/2008 c1 23Thomas Linquist
Very touching. A funeral in keeping with the size of Rufus' spirit rather than his body. He gave all he had for his friends and the world. Does an animal deserve any less praise than a human when he does that? I think not. A police dog killed in the line of duty recieves such honour, and Rufus is so much more.

Keep up the work. The gift is there.

Thomas
11/24/2007 c1 Fazo the Great
Sweet and sad. Keep up the great work.
8/17/2007 c1 17lxk
Ahh, man. Nice story. Very well done, showing Ron and Kim's feelings for the little guy.
8/10/2007 c1 68cpneb
Nice start to your FanFict stay here, and nice sendoff for our hero, here. Good use of GJ and the Marine for the sendoff. You have Kim and Ron both very much IC for their moods and the sitch.

...cpneb
8/10/2007 c1 14Pharaoh Rutin Tutin
I seem to have something in my eye.

A lovely little tearjerker here. Welcome to the Fanfic community.
8/10/2007 c1 6dragracer44
aw... that was sad. Other than that, I like it.