for Curiouser and Curiouser, as Alice Once Said

9/9 c11 5Debate4life
I’m intrigued by Lucius.
1/23 c11 hawkswench
13 yrs since the last update, I will make this my last read of your story.
10/26/2020 c11 1Jimbocous
Another great (re)read! Thanks!
5/2/2020 c9 Guest
love the KISS method!
4/7/2019 c11 Kitty
Really liked this series. Have read it several times. Wish there could have been more. After 12 years nor holding my breath but would be great.
1/18/2017 c11 Hillsgirl
Given that it's nearly 10 years since you were active on this site I fear you will never read this note, but I'd nevertheless like to record my thanks for this lovely series of HP stories. I so enjoyed your description of Harry's childhood in Iowa, rich in experiences unknown to us in England. You have responded to comments on harry's accent and i'd like to commend you on that idea: it so firmly emphasised that Harry is an American with very different experiences to the average brit. I've read other stories where harry is supposed to be American raised, but without the accent or american cadence revealed in the text it was easy to forget he wasn't the same old english wizard.
6/9/2016 c8 5Jade Dagger
I'm on my third go-round with this. I really love your take on the series. Any chance of picking it back up?
4/21/2016 c11 2adafrog
Very good set of stories. Thanks.
1/6/2016 c11 2GodricGeoffreyGryffindor
This seems like a strange way to end this story. No leaving feast, no train ride (except for mentioning that Draco stayed away), no closure about the punishments.

Personally, I find the Hogwarts disciplinary system extremely disturbing. Punishing both sides for fighting makes no sense. The teachers should be getting to the root of chronic animosities and dispelling them instead of encouraging them. There's never any attempt to punish those who incite others to violence, and most complaints get totally ignored, leaving violence as the only real option. Bullying should not be tolerated and kids should be encouraged to stand up for themselves in one form or another. And it makes no sense to put the Griffs and the Snakes together for Potions. They should let McGonagall and Flitwick handle the classes where they are together.
1/5/2016 c1 GodricGeoffreyGryffindor
Your Scouting references are (still) all screwed up. You first claimed Harry was only two merit badges away from an Eagle, which is the highest rank in Boy Scouts. Next you made reference to him as a Cub Scout, which is the junior organization to Boy Scouts. Here you claim he earned the last two badges to be a First Class Scout, which doesn't require merit badges. You only become eligible for Merit Badges after you earn your First Class rank. It is true that most boys don't earn their Eagle until they're about 16-18 because it typically takes that long to earn that many. And Cub Scouts is for primary grade kids. First two Boy Scout ranks are Tenderfoot and Second Class. Next rank is First Class, which is when you start earning merit badges. Next is Star Scout (when I earned it, it required 5 badges, now it requires 6). Next is Life Scout (5 more badges). Last is Eagle (10 more). If a kid really wants to rush through the program, and has the cooperation of the adult scout leadership to take him on all the required camping trips, he can probably get it done in about 3 years, but most take about twice as long. For 2016 there is a new minimum age requirement of 11 or a completion of fifth grade.
10/11/2015 c5 noylj
Worked at McDonalds. Brit came and asked for chips. Was told we don't have potato chips. Told the register guy he wanted French fries. Also, back then in late '60s, surprised how many folks wanted a hot dog. With as many requests, I wondered why we couldn't carry hot dogs.
Regarding peacock: went to dentist. Under gas, I looked a poster with two peacocks and something about love. Told hygienist to look at poster and mentioned they were both male birds. Next visit, the poster was gone. Don't folks look at things?
10/11/2015 c3 noylj
God, no songs. Just that they sang some songs.
10/11/2015 c1 noylj
If you have a child, answer me this- would you blindly let them go back to school where your child's life was endangered?
A one-off of a troll-maybe.
Two attempts in nine months?
My child would be out of there and I would be contacting a lawyer and newspapers.
12/7/2014 c3 34HikaruWinter
And here I go *clears throat* SPANISH CORRECTIONS! HikaruWinter version.
(1) No solo fue porque me han cabreado, Mom. ¿Podemos hablar en privado, por favor?
(2) ¿Qué pasó, luz? (Impeccable. I actually shed tears. You know how much botched spanish I've read before *breaks down crying*)
(3) Más de lo que puedo y sin duda más de lo que sé. Algo muy extraño... Mama, por favor, ¿podemos hablarlo en privado? ('Podo' is actually portuguesse... or galician. Wichever you prefer. It has the same meaning, so meh. Though for 'me', not 'we' as I think you intended...)
Yay for being a native speaker *cheers*
And yay for awesome fanfiction *double cheers*
10/29/2014 c11 pikachucat