for Shinji and Asuka

1/4/2020 c12 7LatvianDragon
i knew it was kaji's fault for the move from the last chapter. And also KAJIS ALIVE?!
1/4/2020 c11 LatvianDragon
I loved the meta movie part, hope it will pay off, if not... its still funny :D
11/29/2019 c23 yes
my first time reading a fanfic, im happy i chose this one to start out
9/29/2019 c8 bravo555
hello, this is a good story indeed, thank you for all the effort!
8/24/2019 c23 Guest
Really great story ! Enjoyed it very much. Hope you are still writing 11 years later!
7/28/2019 c23 1idkusernameoatbuit
Right... Where to begin...

So, starting off, I found that Shinji was acting quite OOC in the beginning, with the rape and all, but it’s a FanFic and has to diverge somewhere so, I gave it a pass, and it was given an explanation.

However I didn’t like the lack of gravity you gave to the rape, and that’s honestly one the very few complains I have about the first half of this story, since being titled ‘Shinji and Asuka’ one knows very well what one is going to get, though some frequent smut warnings in the beginning would be appreciated for the more faint of heart (besides some grammar and punctuation).

Anyways my point is that it was really solid Asuka x Shinji and very funny humour (I loved the waffle gag), so good stuff. My other criticism would be that you didn’t‘ tell handle their emotional bonding well. The scenes where Shinji and Asuka discuss their backstories lack most of the impact they could have had, for example, but it wasn’t a major detriment, so whatever.

The part where you lost me though is the memory loss. It’s too damn overused as it is, especially in Eva fanfics, and neither did I feel it was particularly well executed.

At this point I have to admit I started glossing over parts of the story when I saw there were not going to any major developments in the memory plot line soon after reading a few more chapters. I don’t like Shinji going back to his old ways after losing Asuka, but I can see a case that his self-efficacy and self-confidence stemmed from her and was tied to their relationship, so fine. Misato not calling Asuka out is not that unbelievable given canon, but I don’t like it, but this is a preference, not a criticism, even though I felt it was one what OOC in-universe for Shinji.

Anyways, the structure of the gif makes you believe that Asuka will soon regain her memories, and one would be justified in assuming that given all the lampshades Asuka shines on the situation, making for very strong foreshadowing. It doesn’t‘ take happen. No matter, I don’t really have an investment in the fic in its entirety anymore, but I’m still somewhat emotional invested in their relationship, so to see Asuka never regain her memories is... extremely disappointing and extremely frustrating. HOW INTHE HELL DID SHE NOT REALISE SHE WAS A VIRGIN!? Even with Shinji penetrating without lubrication, she should’ve known. And let’s not even mention the anime relationship misunderstandings Eva edition.

Anyways, at the need of the fic I had no closure, was extremely frustrated at it basically turning into an anime sitcom, and mildly infuriated at it. All in all, I’m deeply conflicted. The first part is awesome but the second is shit. It’s like the Raimi triology. Psycho-pass. The amazing Spider-Man 2. Go read if you’re starved for some Shinji x Asuka if you feel like it and prepare to leave feeling confused whether you’re happy that you’ve at least managed to scratch a little of your itch or just annoyed.
7/4/2019 c8 Chief
Im really liking this fanfiction hope you continue it :) :) :)
7/4/2019 c23 Guest
I really loved this story and I feel so empty now that it’s done.
5/26/2019 c23 JustOneSundae
10/10 on that epilogue
5/15/2019 c23 Guest
Came looking for copper, found gold
5/12/2019 c1 Guest
NIGGA WHAT THE FUCK
5/4/2019 c23 Guest
Hello from 2019, I’ve been reading your fic repeatedly through the years and I have to say I absolutely LOVE it, it’s so well written and Is honestly one of the best pieces of fiction I’ve read. Who even knows if you’ll ever read this given that this was written like 11 years ago but I just want to thank you. Also good job on giving the story a FMAB type ending in the sense that despite everything being wrapped up it makes you sad to see it end.
3/27/2019 c1 Guest
the most fucked part honestly tho is the rape and guilt after is a pretty believable thing that shinji would do considering how pathetic of a person he is... it made me feel queasy reading so you did a good job of portraying the atmosphere
3/26/2019 c2 Guest
Uhh what the fuck is wrong with you dude
2/18/2019 c1 Guest
You might want to remake and this story and get rid of the rape and make it comsenting.. Shinji would never do that and Asuka would kick shinhi ass if he tried.. She can take down People Bigger then her. Lol

So The Rape is Unrealistic..
576 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »