for Who Am I?

9/30/2016 c2 noreenklose
You put out VERY valid reasons, and wrote a bone chilling story.
GREAT viewpoint!
Thanks for writing.
5/10/2015 c2 34sprinter1988
Hermione did this to her parents simply because it was convenient for JKR to do it that way. Hermione's parents were just something in the way of her writing so she got rid of them. Even the explanation Hermione provides is little more than a side note to the main story.

To be honest, it would have been kinder to kill off Hermione's parents between fifth and sixth year, but let's face it, JKR would have fumbled that too - Harry grieved more for Cedric that he did Sirius and I doubt that Hermione grieving for the deaths of her parents would have been something that JKR would have bothered expending much effort towards - she was too busy trying to turn Ginny into a three-dimensional character whom Harry could realistically fall in love with (she failed) and, of course, there was the mandatory evil-villain back story too.

One thing every fanfic author has to remember if they want to write their fan fics exactly like JKR does, it is that Muggles are "quaint" and little else besides.
3/16/2012 c1 Messyjessie3384
I really like the way you captured Hermione's parents. I think they would have been furious with her and I enjoyed reading your version. Thanks.
1/10/2012 c2 32GuesssWho
It bugs me, too.
9/15/2008 c2 11brigrove
Bugs me too. We don't even know the Grangers NAMES or where they live!

I'd love to see this continued, with Hermione trying to rebuild her relationship with her parents. After all, right or wrong, she obliviated them because she was terrified of losing them and, isolated with nobody else knowing what they were going to do, she had nobody she could ask advice from. Oh yes, Ron. Yup, nobody she could ask advice from.

A nice beginning
2/9/2008 c1 MasterMenthe
*cry* So beautiful a story; I could feel the emotions like my own.

Hermione's reasoning was right, but the execution was flawed. IT would have been best for her to try to explain things to her parents first, I think, tell them that for a little while they would be given new identities to keep them safe, and if they thought she shouldn't go back and help, then she should have stood up and declared that she was going to help, whether they liked it or not, but if they didn't want to worry then to let her do this.

That's my take on it.
10/30/2007 c1 Rose
It's a really really great start, and i hope you add more chapters soon! but my question is, is when did hermione put a spell on her parents? what book? i just don't remember it. its in there, I'm sure, but i would definatly verify when hermione put a spell on them, and when hermiones mom is looking at hermione, she's not really looking at her, right? its just a picture? that was a little confusing. but i thought it was one of the better stories, definatly!
10/30/2007 c1 4TheShindig
This was really good. I agree, Hermione had no right to just do that to her parents. Poor Mr. and Mrs. Granger :(

Desktop Mode . Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service