for Alexandra Quick and the Thorn Circle

6/13/2020 c28 astolfo83
I've just finished my second time through this story, and starting my reread of the series. I am profoundly moved by the intricately of Alexandra's thoughts and actions, motivations and fears that you paint. I see some of my self reflected in her and greatly appreciate the journey she is on. I hope that you continue writing and finish it.
My thanks!
Nick
4/17/2020 c1 tymx
omg she's a psycho idiot
4/10/2020 c29 kissa13
This was so good! I cannot believe i haven't heard of your series before but at least now i have lots of stuff to read. I loved the characterization and the worldbuilding, the little quirks of american culture and school life (standardized tests lol) and you seriously have me torn on the dean. On one hand i'm in love but on the other dammit woman why are you working with children? Anyways, when i find a story like yours i always marvel at the fact that fanfic is free and you're doing this in your free time.
2/29/2020 c29 6theofoz
I almost wish this weren’t a fanfiction so you could publish it independently, but am happy I have stumbled across it. Great plot, great repurposing of JKR’s world, and lively characters. Great to have a female protagonist, and such a well-articulated one! Thanks
2/28/2020 c6 1Majerus
Uhm, so... none of them did anything with their wands?
No sparks, no wind, nothing - even when they 'flourshed' them?
So, well... what exactly made him know it was the right wand since not one of the kids gave any indication - even Alexandra in first person?

Huh, interesting concepts abounding here, lots to digest and imagine even more impact on the future story.
2/28/2020 c5 Majerus
"
She guessed that Ms. Grimm must have had some way of knowing that Alexandra was alone in the house, and that no one outside the house would hear her "message." But the irony of such noisy magic being used to scold her for one quiet little charm that no one else could possibly have noticed had her simmering with indignation.
"
Oh crap, this girl! She's completely oblivious to the concept of learning from her mistakes, let alone to the very idea of shame :p

Huh, an interesting group of kids. I like the concept the Ozarkers :)
2/28/2020 c4 Majerus
I thought for a moment that "Besides Witch Apple" was a type of pie, not
Besides "Witch Apple" pie
I was contemplating how it would make something 'beside' (or besides?) a witch and... then I figured it out :p

It's odd that you chose to go with Muggles instead of No-Maj.

The Dean seems fairly antithetical to Dumbledore. I'm hoping that this is a good thing.
2/28/2020 c3 majere4
Oh shite... Well, if she hadn't lost her friends before this, I'm sure that disappearing wall not make things any better.
2/28/2020 c2 majere4
Craaaaaap!
2/28/2020 c1 majere4
I've wondered over here at the recommendation of the Sinister Man (I highly recommend his story, "HP and the Prince of Slytherin").
This was a very intriguing opening. Looking forward to more :-)
2/18/2020 c29 b.arthur.gilmore
Thank you for such a good read. I love what you've done with the Fidulus Charm, you think like a wizard. On the topic of the magic system of harry potter, I would like to note that food cannot be conjured or transfigured, according to Gamps Fifth Law, as described in the seventh book of the original series. It's a mostly minor detail, but it did pull me out of the story for a bit.
2/11/2020 c1 Guest
Please do readers the courtesy of noting in the summary that these fics actually have nothing at all to do with Harry Potter, only the fanfic universe of the same name. I feel...duped.
12/24/2019 c23 Needlepaws
Yikes!
12/24/2019 c19 Needlepaws
Lol the dean is straight up gaslighting her.
12/24/2019 c15 Needlepaws
Imagine making a genuine mistake in chemistry or somthing and getting sever burns, and then getting sent to the abusive principal for it where she makes you cry.
723 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »