for Alexandra Quick and the Thorn Circle

1/8/2008 c29 antipsychotic
I also hope that you continue this series. I too have read many of these Fan. Fics. and this really is one of the best. I believe this is what Fan. Fic. is supposed to be. Original characters with an original story rather than changing others characters in to somthing else. PLEASE, PLEASE coninue the series.
1/7/2008 c29 juu
Thank you for this story. This is one of the best fanfiction I have ever read! Really, thank you very much. Original and believable characters, interesting and thirilling plot, complex wizarding society ... Really, really one of the best and the most original fanfic ever!
1/6/2008 c29 Tiffy
I love your book. Please start the next one soon because I really can't wait to find out what happens next. I'm a bit of a fanfiction veteran and rarely read anything that stands out anymore, but this one does. Please, please, please finish this series.
1/6/2008 c29 26Tail Kinker
You have the gift. Run with it. Alexandra Quick is as compelling a character as Potter himself, and I keenly anticipate another book.

I could find little to fault in this one; my only nit pick is that occasionally a character was seen to create food, which according to Jo is impossible.

Please, do not allow the series to end here!
1/6/2008 c29 Claire
Hi!

Just thought I'd let you know I read your story in its entirety today, and while it's not the sort of ff i usually even consider reading (OC main character etc) it just really clicked well with me.

It's the best "non-HP" harry potter ff I've read, because once it really got into the story and Alexandra seemed to settle into her character so to speak, almost everything that happened seemed to make sense and be realistic enough - rare in totally original ff!

The only thing I'd think that could be improved upon if there is a sequel is that the characters become less stereotypical - while its been useful so far in order to distinguish between characters, it'd be interesting to see their personalities develop a bit more uniquely. On a side note, I particularly like Darla! But I didn't like Brian, even before he turned jerk on Alex.

Your writing style is nice and logical and I haven't picked up on any glaring errors or inconsistencies, so kudos :) As I saw in someone elses review, I think the main reason you haven't had many reviews is because of the OC factor, but regardless of that this is a great story and I'm now heading to your profile to see if you've written anything else.

Thanks for a great read :)
1/2/2008 c29 jblakew
Wow. Just wow. I can't wait to read Alex's other adventures!
1/1/2008 c29 19dead2self
Wow, this was amazing! It's one of the best portrayals of Wizarding America that I've ever read! It was imaginative and incredibly well-written. Some of the twists were easy to predict, but I was blindsided by others. Alexandra was a wonderfully fleshed out character, although she is the type of character that I HATE. She reminds me of Holden Caulfield... And although I hate characters (and people) who have an attitude like hers, she was an incredible character because she was human. Her frustrations and shortcomings were all there.

I have to say, my favorite bit of humor was Angelique getting a jarvey as her pet. That was hilarious... Anyways, I'm looking forward to the next installment, whenever that will be.
12/30/2007 c29 agent moriel
i thought you did a great job with this - alexandra's a normal kid, with faults and flaws as well as skills and talents. hope you're making this a series!
12/29/2007 c29 Bethany
Despite the fact that I rarely read OC fiction, this story was amazing. I admit, I was a bit skeptical after the first few chapters because Alexandra seemed a bit unrealistic, with her amazing powers and steadfast determination and so forth. For some reason, though, I couldn't stop reading and I thought you did a great job of wrapping it up and making the story both more realistic and more enchanting.

It was very rewarding for me to read this story and I hope you will be continuing Alexandra's adventures. Just be wary of making your character invincible - we all like her even more when she's believable, witch though she may be! :)
12/27/2007 c29 Kenz
Interesting. Can't wait to see what happens next.
12/26/2007 c29 5Elena Kansi
Thanks so much for the review, and now that I've finished your excellent story, it's my turn. :]

I don't know what it is, but there's something that makes your writing compelling. It's a different style than most of the authors on here, it's like... professional? I hope you write an original story, because with your talent I'm sure you could get published.

There were a couple of minor things that didn't make sense to me, but I've forgotten them because they really weren't important.

Your plot is well thought out with lots of twist and turns that only add to the overall story, and that was amazing. I really felt for Alexandra, sad when her friend Brian ditched her, angry and frustrated at the school when they deliberatly set her back, and the entire time I was reading this, I always couldn't wait to get to the next chapter.

I eagerly await the next one!
12/26/2007 c29 Noname99999
woah,

I love this!

:) i normally don't read stories with no orginal characters.

but for some reason this story was like

"come, read me"

lol.

i can't wait for year 2!
12/24/2007 c1 1Ch4ron
I think you're a good writer with not a lot of reviews because you wrote a Harry Potter fanfic without Harry Potter in it. People on this site are really hesitant to read a fic with an 'OC' character in it, much less are they ready to read a fic with ALL OC characters. After this, try writing your own stuff for Fictionpress, you'd do well.

Just a heads up, though: watch out for Mary Sues. I didn't get to read the whole thing, but try to avoid making your character the mainstream perfect character, who's got gorgeous eyes and gorgeous hair and an awesome personality and magical abilities. It's just overdone.

On the positive side, you have a hige knack for being able to catch certain things in your writing, like the old lazy childhood summers, a Madeline/Harry Potter-style child with magic abilties, grounding- and not making it cheesy. Good job =o
12/24/2007 c29 Eejit
I'm pretty surprised by the lack of reviews.

I think it is EXCELLENT, I quite like your characters, there's just enough of everything to keep me interested. I think people just need some prompting to begin reading it, really...

Keep up with the brilliant work, can't wait to read the next chapter! Happy Christmas!
12/24/2007 c1 5Elena Kansi
ohh! Best written story i've read on here in a long time.

i really enjoyed it and would like more! :D

updatesoon!