for The Right Thing

9/30/2014 c2 4elflingskitten
I know it's been forever since you wrote this but I just had to review. What a beautiful friendship fic, just so lovely and well done. You have such a flowing and wonderful style. I'm just passing through this fandom but I've glanced at everyone else's stuff and you are easily the standout. Loved the end. Thanks for writing this.
11/19/2010 c2 131PutMoneyInThyPurse
"Ralph didn't have much of an appetite, though, even after all his exertions that morning. The thought of his best friend sitting alone disturbed him. The secondary realization Ralph was not allowing his best friend his aloneness, that he was engaged in base skullduggery towards learning what was going on, disturbed Ralph, too. What was driving him to do it? Was it latent concern, caring and affection, or plain nosiness? Or, maybe it was the fact that Ralph needed Bill, needed his help with the suit, and it was a selfish, fearful desire to keep tabs on the person the aliens had paired him up with, the one who kept his mind sane regarding the use of the suit. The one who had helped him save the world more than once, which he did not really believe he could do on his own. Or was it just an unspecified, inexplicable feeling?

Maybe it was a combination of all those reasons. Either way, his eggs and toast were thick and tasteless in his mouth."

Aw, just go on and say that four-letter word, kid... You know you want to! :)

Of course, you broke my heart into tiny pieces with Maxwell's loneliness, and that line about cleaning and gutting a trout was ... perfection... as was that practical explanation of the suit's abilities, the Goodwill episode - oh, I loved that catty clerk, whispering about what a freak Ralph is to her friend - and Ralph being so casual and brazening it out, how WONDERFUL - and the whole episode is very heartwarming and heartbreaking at the same time.
11/19/2010 c1 PutMoneyInThyPurse
aaiee.

"It wasn't really kosher, spying on someone willy-nilly in the middle of the night, after one's wife had gone to bed, and the world had made an agreement with the God of Sleep, to let the concerns and troubles of humanity disappear for just a few restorative hours."

I love the wryness in that sentence, the reluctant resignation to do something he knows is weird, motivated by sheer affection.

"Ralph had a bloodied, torn shirt of Bill's, too damaged to clean and fix, as a focal point for concentration when Ralph wished to holograph in on his partner. Ralph cringed when thinking of the early case which had ruined the shirt. A flying Ralph had erroneously stopped to rescue a cat from a tree, the cliché of all clichés, thus allowing his partner to be roughly man-handled in the CEO's mansion and tossed down a flight of marble stairs. Needless to say, the four thugs and the CEO themselves had all experienced rolling down the unforgiving stairs, courtesy of one guilty and irritated red suited Fed friend. Bill had wound up with a broken nose bleeding uncontrollably and needing to be cauterized, and a body too stiff and sore to get out of bed for the next few days."

Aw-w-w-w-w. Ralph cringing puts the bow on it. I'm loving this and so excited to read the rest - the mystery has me so caught up! I love how you stress the unusualness of both men's behavior, and Pam's affectionate resignation to the weirdness, her acknowledgement of their caring. *sigh*
11/27/2008 c2 o.'-M'lady-'.o
That was a wonderful story, it really felt like a continuation of the series. The ending rounded it off perfectly (I hoped it would end on a note like this, but this far exceeded any expectation) and you got the characters spot on.

Thank you for writing this.
4/17/2008 c2 6LMPhilbrick
Wonderful story! I've only recently started watching GAH and I adore Bill Maxwell. This was a very touching story. =)
1/22/2008 c2 34Mary Rose
Sad story but very sweet.
1/18/2008 c2 louise1717
WOW.that was very touching.nice addition to the gah library.i enjoyed your references to past eps and bill chatting with ralph .

hoep you plan to write more.
1/18/2008 c1 louise1717
i love your insights into the bill/ralph relationship and pam as well.true to the characters.looking forward to the next chapter.
1/14/2008 c2 34Ecri
This was a lovely story. I like what it says about their friendship. Wonderful. Thanks for posting this.
1/14/2008 c2 1MyTatuo
The story was beautiful, too. Every once in a while it's nice to read a story that's not completely driven by a suit-class scenario.
12/29/2007 c2 49Jo Z. Pierce
Thank you for writing this! Well done, and I can believe it totally...

But just why did he go back to her, after her AFFAIR WITH THE USED CAR SALESMAN? HUH? *wink* Just kidding.

Seriously, this was really good. You summed up their relationship really well.

Welcome to my Favorite Stories list.