for Hollow

3/13/2010 c1 AceCade
Brilliant (:
3/8/2008 c1 3brookeblue
Wow! That was good! You never think about how Buck must've taken Dally's death, do you? Fantastic!
2/16/2008 c1 10thekingofelrey
This is a really interesting piece. It's very rare that one finds a story using Buck's POV, so it's a nice change of pace, seeing a different point of view. I think you wrote this very well, and I like all the little things you metion. It's interesting that Buck considers Dally a friend, and I like tht detail about Dally being one of the few people that will sit and listen for a while. Also, I like Tim's somber attitude when he finds out about his death. A nice way to show the Tim-Dally relationship.

The only thing I'd look out for is some of your dialogue tags. For example, this:

"Heard?" He repeated, and Tim nodded.

should be:

"Heard?" he repeated, and Tim nodded.

Usually you've got it right, but every once in a while you've got the uppercase, probably because Word changed it automatically. I used to have that problem, too.

Overall, very nice job on this. : )
2/16/2008 c1 13byebyebirdie58
I liked this a lot. I really like that Buck considered Dal a friend. I also liked the little details - skipping on shaving, the two different socks. Really nicely done. I look forward to seeing more from you. :)
2/16/2008 c1 15Fosterchild
Nice. Good song choice. Great point of view choice. We don't see much of Buck so it was a refreshing take on the situation.

Buck seemed detached but in the moment which sort of makes sense since we don't know much about the guy in the first place. Just that Dallas always had him wrapped around his finger.

Looking forward to more from you.
2/16/2008 c1 Mars on Fire
I really like this. Buck is such an underused character, and I've discovered he's really fun to write - there's so much you can do with him.

I love all the little details - him putting on two different socks, how he sleeps in a tiny space so there's more rooms to rent out.

I also like that he considered Dally a friend. I haven't really tackled their relationship in my writing, since it seems quite an odd one, with Dally bossing this older guy around.

I didn't catch many errors - the only thing that stood out was ellipses. They should go space dot dot dot space (even at the end of a sentence of dialogue) with a fourth one if needed for ending punctuation.

But great job with this! We need more Buck love around here =)
2/16/2008 c1 3bloo ducki
I really liked that. It was great. Are you goin to updae?