FanFiction.Net
for A Week in the Pocket

6/26/2010 c8 26Sentinel103
Thomas I don't know how I missed this one Armydude brought it to my attention. Good job with the whole thing and I liked the way you unpainted yourself from the corner.

Larry (Sentinel 103)
8/21/2009 c8 Midgarosormr
This was amazing man!

You ever thought about writing a sequel, post STD?
3/23/2009 c8 2Shrike176
It's always nice to see a story about everyone's favorite hairless rodent. When most authors marginalize the little guy, it's nice to see the occasional story with Rufus as the main character. It's fun to see what he makes of his life and his humans. I also liked that even the naked mole rat saw Kim and Ron's relationship coming before they did.

Also, I enjoyed the way you analyzed Rufus' relationship with his humans. Speaking from experience, the roles of parent, pet and master can get incredibly confusing growing up alongside your pet.

You might want to consider a story about Rufus getting a mate sometime. Almost no one has done this with Rufus before.

Keep it up!
6/25/2008 c8 2Drakonis Aurous
Excellent story! You've crafted this one and wrapped it all up very nicely. The characters were protrayed well and the interactions between thenm were excellent.

Rufus is often a missed character in many stories but you've managed to highlight his role as well as his personality very well here. Great work!

- Drakonis Aurous
6/25/2008 c7 Drakonis Aurous
Very well written chapter. The beginning section of how Rufus wakes up and takes care of himself was great. The introspection on how he views Ron and the pride he holds for his human is great.

"If I can't have your back, I can still be a support." Great line!

Having Rufus save the day was well done as well. You've definitely captured the essence of Rufus in this story.

- Drakonis Aurous
4/18/2008 c8 38Jurnee Jakes
That's cute. And ties in so well with So the Drama, Kim and Ron being the only two people that don't see what's between them. Nice job at making Rufus the central character as well. It's a hard job to do, and one I'll soon be struggling with.
4/14/2008 c8 TheRondo
Very nice finish here, thomas.

despite being virtually blind rufus can properly see the truth to this sitch better than any human can.

Eagerly awaiting your next story.
4/13/2008 c8 10LTAOZFAN
Excellent wrap-up! Everyone is right in character, and the way Anne regards Rufus as a person & member of Team Possible is very nice indeed. I think that Anne, Kim, Ron (and Amy!) would all agree with Horton the Elephant: "A person's a person, no matter how small."

I like the way you have given us a look at what follows after one of Kim & Ron's missions. After all, both Kim & Ron take some bouncing around at times, and a little time to rest, recuperate and repair would be necessary.

Yes, Rufus can see how Kim and Ron feel towards each other, even if they aren't aware of it just yet. Once they wake up to the facts, Rufus will surely feel a sense of satisfaction and "Well, finally!" I hope you can do another story as good as this one in the near future. You write well, sir.

LTAOZFAN

"Them's my views, amen, so be it."

"Treasure Island," by R. L. Stevenson
4/13/2008 c8 25Samurai Crunchbird
Thomas,

This was a good ending to the tale.

I ask one favor of you. It is more like 'FanFiction' etiquette than anything else. When finishing a story, it is best to change its status from 'In Progress' to 'Complete'. Please-and-thank-you.

Your friend in writing,

The Samurai Crunchbird
4/13/2008 c8 56MrDrP
A sweet, fun story from an unusual - and clever - point of view. Nicely done!
4/13/2008 c8 4CajunBear73
Rufus is getting a little frustrated over how his humans are not aware of what he and others can plainly see going on between Kim and Ron and their affections. Not just dawning on those two yet, but all the actions, thoughts and emotions are swirling around just out of realization.

Bet he's waiting for his moment to strike to help them see what they have been blind to all this time.

His actions at the search are not going to be known just yet, huh?

CB73
4/13/2008 c7 CajunBear73
Ron knew Kim was in good paws when he had Rufus stay with her. Good little Naked Mole Rat.
4/12/2008 c8 2Kwebs
First let me apologize for not reviewing sooner. I've had a lot on my plate and am getting cought up on stories. That said, I loved this story, there isn't enough stories about the little guy. Thank you for this great read. I look forward to what ever you do next.
3/30/2008 c7 10LTAOZFAN
I really enjoy the way you are filling in the details on the way Rufus lives in the Stoppable home. We have some touches of this in the TV series, but you have expanded the picture a lot in a very enjoyable fashion. The idea of Rufus "housecleaning" the fur pocket liner is great, and fixing his own breakfast, too! Say, what do naked mole rats eat in East Africa? Nothing like cereal, milk and coffee, certainly.

So, with the right motivation, Ron is just as capable as Kim? Well, we see examples of that in the TV series. If Kim is in danger, Ron can be a formidable fighter. And even though his arm is in a cast, he goes on the mission to help in the base camp kitchen. But Ron know Rufus, right enough, and gives his little friend the task of watching out for Kim. Another nice example of how Ron and Rufus co-operate.

One minor nit to pick, here. The Red Cross or a mountain rescue service seem more likely to be involved in a rescue such as this one, instead of Global Justice. In any case, you really give Rufus a fine chance to show off his skills! He helps Amy and Kim keep warm, gets out the flare pistol when it is needed, and keeps a low profile so that other people don't really notice him. Of course, Amy knows what a hero Rufus is, but the mission has been successful, and that seems to be all the reward the little guy needs. Sir, this has been a highly enjoyable and very readable story. I hope that one day you will give us another fine piece of work like this one.

LTAOZFAN

"Them's my views, amen, so be it."

"Treasure Island," by R. L. Stevenson
3/29/2008 c6 LTAOZFAN
The organized chaos of Ron's room reminds me of how Doctor John Watson comments on the haphazard way Sherlock Holmes's things are scattered around their sitting room at 221B Baker Street. It's true that Ron doesn't have tobacco stowed in the toe of a Persian slipper and cigars nesting in a coal-scuttle, the way Holmes did, and modern-day e-mail makes it unlikely that Ron will stick his unanswered letters to the wall with a jack-knife, but "a minefield of discarded books" sounds almost like something Doctor Watson might complain about. Yet, like Holmes, Ron is able to find what he needs just by reaching for it. And just as movie cowboys in the 1930s and 1940s talked things over with their horse when they had a problem, Ron talks things over with Rufus. I like it!

Rufus sees that Kim plus Ron is more than just the two of them together, which is a good point to make. As a team they are more than their individual selves, just the way Gilbert & Sullivan worked best as a team in the 19th century, Laurel & Hardy in the early 20th, and Howard Ashman & Alan Menken in the 1980s. "The sum is more than the whole of its parts," and Rufus knows it. Good point. And I like the idea that mole rats have a feel for Whatever (or Whoever) is running this universe we all live in. It's good to see Rabbi Katz show up in the story, too.

The way this story has Ron and Kim adjusting to what the future holds for them is well done. Some things take time, and can't be rushed. And a closer Ron - Kim relationship won't leave Rufus out in the cold, either. The Tunnel Lord can always have some fun in Everlot! Sir, I like the way you are telling this tale. Particularly the way Kim and Ron both check Rufus' opinion on a new shirt for Ron, and accept his non-vocal advice. It is also nice to see Kim and Ron have a fairly calm and peaceful day for a little Rest and Relaxation. What will Sunday bring, I wonder?
51 Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »