for I, Halfa

6/17/2009 c1 77Danny Phantom SG-1
All right, I'm sorry if this review seems suckish, but bear with me-I haven't reviewed anything in a LONG time, and I'm just getting back into fanfiction. Just my little disclaimer. ;)

Anyway, for some reason, I've been really into angsty things, and this just hit the spot, in a manner of speaking. I've always been a fan of introspection, especially on Danny's part, considering he has so much potential for emotional distress. The whole "being half-dead" thing kind of clinches it for me. I like your take on him maturing-becoming more attached to his ghostly half, yet still retaining his humanity in some form. It just gets more disturbing as he grows older and refuses to age (gotta admit, that would be a bittersweet feeling). The poor kid's life just gets weirder and weirder. :P

But, yeah, well-written. The only problem was when you said "he was in no danger of loosing his humanity any time soon." I think you meant "losing" unless you mean he's, like, purposefully letting it loose or something. ;) But I enjoyed it. Thanks for the angst! :D

-DPSG1
3/27/2009 c4 84peppymint
I do like your immortal Danny ones. Are you ever going to update the star trek crossover though? You said it was a work in progress.
3/27/2009 c4 25Miriam1
This is an interesting trip into the hearts and minds of the various characters, using words people might not necessarily have associated with the various characters in Danny Phantom's world.

I like what you have done. (And I missed this fic.)

6/12/2008 c3 83Hordak's Pupil
This was an awesome oneshot, I'm glad Maddie has accepted Danny and YAY Danni was mention, she's one of my favorite characters. I am also glad that she's realized that Vlad is a Fruit Loop. Keep up the great work. :)
6/11/2008 c3 25Miriam1
Aw... Poor Maddie.

Excluding Phantom Planet, this is a very credible explanation of what could have been. I understand her very real disappointment in herself for not having supported Danny the way she could have, but really... without knowing his secret, that would have been difficult.

I like Maddie's thoughts about Danny and his friends' support system. And how Jazz fit into everything.

She was shocked to find out about Vlad and Dani. I like her reflections on how evil Vlad is and how sweet Dani is.

I like the concept of Danny teaching his children how to use their powers.

While it may take Maddie a few centuries to forgive herself, Danny will be around just as many centuries to forgive her. It's beautiful how that works out.

This is another nice chapter.

Thank you for it.

6/11/2008 c3 27Nylah
Hey, more of these... how did I miss this? Nice introspective.

Nylah
5/29/2008 c2 guess
This makes sense. We all see things from our own point of view, with our opinions and prejudgeices(spelling?) interfering with how things really are.
5/18/2008 c2 77inukagome15
This doesn't seem that dark. It's more of a philosophy story. You delved deep into your own imagination. Sweet.
4/28/2008 c2 5Chocolate Unicorn
I like it it puts things into another perspective

but i cant really understand what the story is about seeing as it is more along the lines (at this moment) a Prolouge so we'll see what you do with it

very nice
4/10/2008 c2 6lilyoftheval5
I always thought that codes applicable to the living can not just simply transfer to ghosts. I just never could express it so elegantly. "It isn’t that ghosts have no regard for human life; they have no regard for life period."

Thank you, wish my bouts of boredom are so productive. ;D
4/7/2008 c2 25Miriam1
Don't worry. You are doing fine. It is weird, but it is a short treatise on ghostly morality. Sure, it's a little dark and twisted. But you are describing the concept of morals of creatures who are not alive. And their perspective will be different.

I like these weird musings of Danny's about life in general. It seems that these are observations after Danny's hit that beyond 20 year stage, where he can more fully appreciate life, what it was, what it is, what it will be for some, or won't be for others.

I'm curious to see what else you will come up with. There has got to be a whole gamut of topics for Danny to reflect upon. (Or, more accurately, for YOU to reflect upon, through Danny's eyes.)

I hope you have more ideas for this, as I am enjoying this very introspective set of essays.

4/7/2008 c1 Miriam1
This is interesting. I'm not sure what to make of it yet, but it is interesting. I'll keep on with it, as it is a perspective that I didn't consider.

-Miriam
4/7/2008 c2 14MysteryTrek
Well, this is an interesting treatise on ghostly thinking. I've never thought about it that way before. I don't think ghosts are necessarily immortal, though. Energy dissipates, eventually after all. As a matter of fact they can be destroyed, if I remember correctly it was possible for Danny to destroy Johnny 13, if it wasn't it couldn't have been a convincing feint. And I think Danni will die, she has a human body now, therefore that at least, will die.
4/7/2008 c2 83Hordak's Pupil
Another awesome oneshot, I like this introspective on Danny's behalf and he's right Vlad's let the evil consume that he only acts like a human. Keep up the great work. :)
50 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »