for Living Water

1/1/2020 c1 ro781727
Beautiful, CS Lewis would have approved!
7/13/2019 c1 33foolofatook001
I am a big fan of C.S. Lewis's works (Narnia and otherwise) and have read many of them multiple times, but I must admit, I had never seen the parallels between Jill's encounter with Aslan and the story of the woman at the well. Thank you for writing this well-thought-out piece!
Keep up the good work.
- foolofatook :)
1/4/2019 c1 Guest
This. Is. Amazing. This is, hands-down, the single best Narnia fan fiction I've ever read, possibly my favorite fan fiction ever. (Way to make me cry, by the way.)
8/14/2018 c1 65Frodo's sister
I like how you blended the Jill meets Aslan scene with "The Woman at the Well".
7/9/2018 c1 AccountKiller101010101010101
I remember this story! God bless!
8/10/2014 c1 DS
Beautiful!
4/28/2014 c1 Hercules8
Interesting story! :)
3/24/2014 c1 1IsThatBloodInYourMustache
Ohhhhhhh very good! Its funny since this was the exact reading we heard at Mass on Sunday :)
I love the parallels here and l hope you write more like this
12/24/2013 c1 DS
Amazing!
6/4/2013 c1 8Pearl Bramble of Willowbottom
I love the way you infused the familiar biblical story with a part in The Silver Chair, as well as your descriptions. Thank you for writing it.
3/21/2013 c1 32dancingkatz
Absolutely lovely!
9/10/2011 c1 40FullMentalPanic
Even though I perceived some of the metaphor when I read the Silver Chair, I got a lot more it while reading this. Particularly how he talks about there being no other stream. It was very strong to have all the comparisons between living water and the stream in Aslan's country, it really illuminated a lot of it for me. Although I don't think the story of the Samaritan women relates point for point to the story of Jill and Aslan, it does help to highlight and emphasize a lot about it. I could see the influence of C.S. Lewis's writing and philosophy very clearly in how you portrayed Aslan, what's more I felt like there was a lot of truth about God and Jesus in it. That last line, the Yahweh one, was a beautiful way to conclude.
9/9/2011 c1 4Tellurium
Marvelous. And bravo for tackling Aslan's POV!
2/25/2011 c1 misakigirl
never saw the prallel ubtil now... great story, it was well written =D
9/14/2009 c1 Kularebi Joquive Ciifytan
Hello!

I love how your story ends with hope. That so many things of this world may wear us down, but Aslan or God renews us and gives us true joy.

I never realized the Samaritan woman parable and Jill and Aslan could be paralleled. It's awesome that you wrote about it.

One part that I imagine as funny is when Aslan asks Jill where Eustace is and Jill replies with "He fell over the cliff, Sir." I can imagine the big "UH OH" moment.
34 Page 1 .. Last Next »