for Always In Your Shadow: Calista Snape Volume I

6/17 c5 9Femslash08
So... her 7th year at Hogwarts will be Harry's first?
9/2/2018 c17 1afairysghost
cool
7/19/2018 c2 BookWyrm
I'm glad of how patient Snape is being.
I hope she finds a way to feel safe soon - constant stress is not good for the health.
7/19/2018 c1 BookWyrm
I really like your characterization of Calista and of Severus. I liked the Godric's Hollow scenes quite a bit too :D

This looks to be a very interesting story!
7/11/2018 c17 12kirsant
Wow! What a great story! The growth between Severus and Calista was simply heart-warming to read, especially since it wasn't an easy journey. The path from trauma to recovery turned out to be poignant, articulate, and, at points, gut-wrenching. The moments of victory (I already commented on this and it absolutely deserves to be mentioned again), where Sev make a breakthrough, were fantastic.

The characters also deserve a round of applause. Both had their strengths, both boasted flaws - and I especially enjoyed how they shared several, like a general surliness and standoffishness (of course they would: like father, like daughter!). Both can be stubborn and both have trouble expressing warm feelings. Little quirks - like Calista's atrocious handwriting or Severus' personal thoughts on her drawings - not only added depth, but really made them come alive.

My only critique would be that the final few chapters seemed a little drawn out, maybe too introspective...I would have recommended on cutting them down, a bit.

Otherwise, the story was a great experience. You obviously put a lot of work into it, which shows. Thank you very much for sharing it!
7/5/2018 c11 kirsant
Such a heart-warming moment after Calista's punishment (writing lines). I'm also stunned at how well you're presenting her character. She's smart, articulate...but also just a kid, with a host of insecurities, a periodically-difficult personality, and a penchant for curiosity that sometimes is enough to get her into trouble. She feels...so real!
7/5/2018 c6 kirsant
Oh, such an uplifting feeling when he pulls her out of that shell! You wrote it wonderfully! And the method itself - the way occlumency/legilimency was described, with the pulling v. pushing, banded thoughts, etc. - was so very inventive!
7/5/2018 c4 kirsant
Such great pacing! The sort of trauma Calista went through can't be healed in one day, and I'm loving the methodical (and sometimes frustratingly slow) way Snape is trying to fix her; I can't help but grin at his triumphs, even tiny ones, like sharing coffee or getting her to listen to him read. And this chapter was great! Really nice touch with the color-coded emotions. I am reading on!
7/5/2018 c1 kirsant
A really fantastic setup. Well written, and I'm especially thrilled at the depth of Calista's character...just a chapter in. I'm looking forward to reading ahead!
6/30/2018 c7 4dewa95
I loved the ending...
11/26/2017 c17 kpop1392as
I enjoyed reading this story. I like how far the two have come.
11/25/2017 c9 kpop1392as
lol I love that Callisto likes it whenever Severus inputs his comments about the tigers when reading the cat book. I like how far they've come.
11/25/2017 c4 kpop1392as
Oh my goodness...that poor girl. I'm glad that she's out of Bellatrix's clutches and that she has Severus to take care of her now.
11/22/2017 c11 BC
Thank you so much for writing this. You have no idea how much I can relate to Calistas story, it was an amazing experience reading your fic. Ive cried the whole time, it’s perfect in every aspect. I ive never felt like this for any story. It touched my heart in a way i cant quite explain and helped me deal with a lot of stuff.
You probably won’t believe me but, this fic did had a huge impact on my life and I swear to you that I will never forget Calista. I have literally no word to describe how grateful i am for finding your story , I don’t usually post reviews but I had to let you know good this was for me. Thank you :)
Sorry for any mistakes, but im not fluent in English
9/3/2017 c3 Anna Antonia
Hi! I just wanted to let you know how much I love this trilogy! This is my second time reading it, when I read the most recent chapter of book III, I decided to start it again, remembering how much I loved and enjoyed this story the last time I read it. I can't imagine the amount of work that goes I to this, and I want you to know that it is appreciated. I also read St. Bellatrix, which was amusing. Thank you for this story, which makes mW smile, and is like another friend.
228 Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »