FanFiction.Net
for To Love And Be Loved

10/19/2015 c1 1marthapreston4
why didnt they call aurors or show memories of the abuse that would have made this whole problem mute
6/13/2014 c3 chipndip022
I wish you'd continue this story. I really enjoy the way you write. I also finally got around to getting a ffnet account, otherwise I'd have said so way before now. I think this story could be very good. I'm definitely a fan of your work. I like Dark Secrets and I'm about to start reading... The one about Erebus Riddle... I forgot the name... Looks really good. I don't really have any sort of critisicsm for you. :)
10/22/2013 c3 Bunny Mcbunnyson
pretty please update
9/29/2011 c3 mattcun
plz write more
12/16/2010 c3 1Griffin Raven
Wow, what an extremely powerfully emotionally beginning to this story, which certainly brought tears to my eyes. I could truly almost feel the emotional and physical pain that young Harry feels, whilst trapped in his family home.

I totally understand why even after all the verbal, emotional and physical abuse that Harry has suffered at the hands of his father, yet he still yearns for show of care, love from his father. The fact that Harry, doesn't seem angry or jealousy at the obvious affection, love that his older brother Joshua receives from there father James, just shows how strong he truly is in spirit.

Whilst is too easy understand James, grief over the attack which resulted in Lily being in a coma in St. Mungo's and Neville being hailed the boy-who-lived. But what I find very unreasonable is apparent blame that James places upon on his youngest son Harry; blaming a mere toddler for his mother's condition is not only unreasonable but not rational. I also find the apparent disregard of so-called family friends, to the suffering of young Harry. Yet everyone ignores it, or believes James's lies, or none wish to rock the boat...yet none seem to truly care about Harry's wellbeing at all. Except for the brief care, love and affection that Harry received from Severus and Penelope Snape.

I'm going to guess that young Harry's sorting just might cause a few major upsets...as I can't quite see him being sorted into Gryffindor. Instead Harry seems more likely for either Ravenclaw or Slytherin. Though honestly it will be a wonder if James, actually decides to spend money on the best supplies, or purchases inferior second hand goods for Harry.

So I can't wait to find out what will happen during his diagon alley trip or when he finally arrives at hogwarts? How will Severus react when he sees young Harry, after so long, but also notices his apparent emotional, physical wellbeing?
1/10/2010 c3 Fox Loves Shinigami
great fic. update soon. ^_^ Ja.
10/23/2009 c3 denjia
Very good so far!
7/15/2009 c3 mykyou
so sad! this looks very interesting, pity it seems abandoned.
3/21/2009 c3 7ZippyStar
Ah. It made me want to cry.

Very well written. Love it.

Update soon x
12/30/2008 c3 1yumi2482
sweet. so sad though. i love the story. poor harry
11/12/2008 c3 The-Resident
While well-written, having James act like the Dursleys (or worse) is a bit too much for me. JKR put enough angst in the original to last me a lifetime. I'm afraid I'll have to give your story a pass.
10/16/2008 c3 adenoide
They are a wizard but for the brain they are nul. Nobody see how James does his young son. Will Harry remember about Severus and it's somebody help Harry.
10/9/2008 c3 renard
This is such a sad story. Sadly enough, I could see it happening too. Grief can make people into absolute morons. (Look at what Sirius did in canon after the Potters died.)

I feel sorry for Harry, he doesn't even remember the Snapes and the happiness he felt with them. Love that he finds Potions to be soothing, though.

Neville sounds like an absolute monster, which I find a little difficult to believe, even with his being 'the boy who lived' but am willing to accept it as it evidently fits in with your plot somewhere...

Looking forward to Harry getting to school and escaping the hell at home. Sounds like he's going to be much like Snape in that he'll expect Hogwarts to be his haven. Of course, with Neville there, I'm sure he'll be just like James Sr. was towards Severus, making sure it doesn't work that way. He'll probably treat Harry the way Harry & co treated Malfoy. Predictable, I guess.

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens, though. Will James ever gain a conscience or will he always resent Harry for Lily's 'leaving' him? I figure the only way he'll ever realize the results of what he's doing is if Harry willingly leaves him, and the only way Harry could get away with that is if he waits till he's of age. After all, the wizard's are going to support a pureblood parents rights over his children, especially if they aren't 'the boy who lived' - obviously, since the Snape's didn't gain custody in the first place. Wondering if you're going to prove differently.

It will be interesting to see where you go with this! Thanks for continuing the story. Will wait (impatiently!) to read morel
10/8/2008 c3 Karvd
I just found your story and I realy like it. There is just one little thing. "He wasn’t used to attention, though he unknowingly craved for it deep down, any depraved child would." You mean deprived there don't you?
41 Page 1 .. Last Next »