for Harry Potter and the Wand of Uru

7/3/2008 c5 OfTheGreenwood
Gryffindor with Neville, eh? Wonder what Harry's first potions class will be like!
7/3/2008 c5 igmuhota
Thank you for getting rid of the Ginny/Harry pairing (Draco/Harry would be higher up on my list of pairings). I nearly fell out of my chair from laughing when I saw Winifred's sorting, I'm glad you included her as she is always a fun character to read (and write). And this new Hermione is such a breath of fresh air.

I always thought the original author had an overall good idea but the presentation left something to be desired. This is, by far, one of (if not 'the'), best remakes I have read.

Can't wait to see more.
7/3/2008 c5 2Vilkath
Interesting start, all though I have to say the hat was a bit wierd. If it really can't be bullied exactly how did this version of Nevil ever get into gryphendor? Not to mention Ron etc. Plus the extreemely obvious girl that mad the hat screem insanely for a while, no one sort of questions a girl who can toture the sorting hat? More then likely it's voldemort's vessel and just dumbledoor droping the ball again.

I like that Harry has a large group of girls that might be friends already. Frankly the male cast of the Harry potter series leave a lot to be desired, even as simple friends most the girls are a better choice. For one reason or another all the male students seem to have to have some major flaw like jealousy, stupidity, cowardice etc.

I do hope this is building up to a multi pairing fic, it just be a shame to have all those girls and not have Harry get any of them. Plus like i said I think 99% of all the males in hogwarts are either scum, or completely invisible and boring.
7/3/2008 c5 athenakitty
Is it a part of Harry's karma to have interesting life? I wonder if Hermione had drawn blood from Neville. Just how much more different is everyone in this world that different from Harry's old one?
7/3/2008 c5 horsinaround94
Good job! Can't wait for more!
7/3/2008 c5 6Naga's Shadow
I read the original for a while and a rewrite, I think?, This is certainly better than them if only because it tries to be as realistic as one could hope for with such an outlandish plot. My only question is about the "other" Harry. It was answered fairly early in the original, still in summer I think, but here you haven't given us anything. Somehow I'd hope that Harry would have better morals about impersonating someone, even if that someone is him. Otherwise it's off to an alright start, I do hope that something changes soon though, because cannon rewrites with smart Harry's are dumb.
7/3/2008 c5 3XaosElysion
This one is pure gold, just for field hockey!Hermione. Keep up the good work. This means, don't stop writing this, please?
7/3/2008 c5 1dougal74
ANother well written chapter.
7/3/2008 c4 7Ciroth
I do like this retake. I think it is better then the other. Keep it up.
7/2/2008 c4 2hash4uall
i got one word for u " Superb" the next one is " Update"
7/2/2008 c4 zeynel
Nice new part!

Ahah, I totally agree with you about Ginny. Not only is she too immersed into 'the-boy-who-lived' to take interest in anybody else at this age, but to top it all she is too much like Harry's mother... And his siblings!

Hope Hermione will still be here, and be the same... And Luna when the time comes! Should there be any pairing, I'd hope for one of those two. They both would be well for Harry! I can't wait for his first meeting with Neville, though. It sure promise to be interesting. And i hope that you will find a way to make Daphnee his friend, too! And Su Li, and Padma, and Susan and Hannah... *grins* He's gonna end with a bunch of girls for friends! That might be nice.
7/2/2008 c4 2Phnxfyr1
can'twait for more and I hope you don't put him with ginny with how you makeing him see the similaritys
7/2/2008 c4 10Wonderbee31
Fun chapter here, and really enoying Lily and Harry's interactions, which makes me weep that he was given so little in canon. I like how he set things up and is looking at the students in his year, and will be curious to see how that goes. I also like that maybe he won't be with Ginny this time. As far as pairings, well: I'm a Harry Hermione fan first off, but if you want to go a different direction, then either Padma, Daphne, or Susan would be interesting choices, as all three of those girls are a good match with him imo.
7/2/2008 c4 1dougal74
And the penny drops...just to be on the safe side and to re-enforce what that cannon says...you had to make sure that sweet little gin-gin looked like the enitre family...oh, it's enough to make your stomach turn.

As to ships...I think it always has to be Harry/Hermione; unless you're off for a harem.
7/1/2008 c4 hushpuppy22
I like the fact that you've gotten rid of the anime crap and the veela in Hollywood bit was inspired. But the "Ginny looks like Lily" thing is something anti-Ginny authors do in a cheap attempt to diminish her as a romantic interest for Harry. Lily was tall with dark red hair the color of red wine while Ginny was tiny with typical auburn hair. Another cheap trick is demonizing Ron and the Weasleys, which has become a fanon cliche. If you could find a way to write Harry's story without demonizing Ron, Hermione and Ginny or taking them out of character, it would put you far above most fanfiction writers. Good luck with the story.
1,462 « Prev Page 1 .. 86 93 94 95 96 97 .. Last Next »