FanFiction.Net
for The Monster in the Mirror

9/8/2016 c1 22spottedrooster
This is beautiful in so many ways. Lovely message, so many feels and the language just flows. 3
11/16/2008 c1 3AuthorWriter
Great story; I always felt bad for Hellboy in that scene because you knew that to everyone like Liz he really as a good man who did the right thing. I thought that HB2 presented a very interesting delimmea for Red in the fact that is he really a man or is he really a demon?

I'd like to think that he's a good man who cares about everyone and just wants to do the right thing, but I think you captured his debate over this fact quite well; very in-tune with the film and an great explansion on something we didn't get to possibly see.
8/12/2008 c1 5Lunnaei
I have time (and enough brainpower) to read tonight, can you tell?

Once again, a wonderful piece of work. I was just talking with a friend of mine the other day about how he views himself, and it's neat to find a fiction about it. I think you've hit the nail on the head with this one for sure. Once again, keep up the great work!
8/2/2008 c1 83Allura99
Excellent story, Beth, as usual. I love how you portray Hellboy, how real you make him. Nice job.
7/19/2008 c1 cornfields1
Gorgeous, thanks Beth!
7/14/2008 c1 28TheShadowCat
Very nice.
7/14/2008 c1 51misunderstoodemon
Very nice! definitely like it.

misunderstoodemon
7/12/2008 c1 7Your Oasis
aw, lol. cliche, i know but i couldnt resist. i hear your good with HB/Broom stories, i definitely must read them. :] they must've had a great relationship, or in more girly terms, cute. i think HB was cute as a baby. lol "little red monkey with horns" :P :D

anyways, i liked it! i really did. short but sweet. i felt so much emotion, like i really felt what HB feels. (maybe because i just saw the first movie..again.. some hours ago. lol :P ]
7/12/2008 c1 226Zaedah
Okay, so where do I start? Hm... maybe this line?

"I’ve perfected a way of looking into the mirror without really seeing the face that I don’t want to be mine."

And then you follow that brilliant insight with the painful thought that... "Things aren’t much better when I look into the eyes of other people."

And let's just polish it off, shall we? "Someday. Just not today."

Thanks for making me break out the hankies! Having just seen HB2 less than an hour ago, the scenes dealing with how others see him are fresh in my mind. But nothing I could have concocted would do the un-belonging sentiment the justice you've done it. He doesn't belong with men and doesn't choose 'his own,' but he also doesn't belong to his reflection. As usual, you stun me with your word play, your depth and your grip on this character.
7/10/2008 c1 7Ember Koramin
Beautifully written, as always. Many thanks for a great short fic on the eve of the GREAT ANTICIPATION MOVIE MOMENT.
7/9/2008 c1 Cain McCulloch
Nice. A little maudlin for our hero, but nice.
7/7/2008 c1 zephiniah
no mention of abe *cries~*

i likes your story new chapters please:D you could have a reflection monster :D

pwease:D
7/1/2008 c1 Rebelwriter1
Great Job! Loved this one cause I can picture the character saying and believing that. Keep them coming!
6/30/2008 c1 11DeathCalledForWrestling
Real in-depth and amazing.
6/30/2008 c1 15Aramira
I really enjoyed this, it wasn't self-loathing or too fluffy. Very good introspective.
17 Page 1 2 Next »