for When In Dreams

9/27/2015 c5 Lachlan
Only issue I've seen so far is the sudden shift in characters towards the end of the chapter. You begin with Kincaid in the boiler room, but shift into Joey, with no transition.
1/25/2014 c8 12creativesm75
nice
11/5/2012 c1 tara thelen
i want to read more
6/29/2011 c8 yoyobrains2000
This story of yours was truly AWESOME!
10/9/2010 c8 2DeenaSoraDrake
Overall, not a bad story. As other reviewer(s) have said, why was it just Morgan that got bullied? Am I sensing that he's your favorite of the CM team? I'm glad that Hotch and Penelope got their appearances, though I'm pretty sure that if the CM factors in this were more accurate, we would have seen them assigning Penelope to digging into Springwood's records as well as hearing what she finds; Hotch wouldn't randomly appear while Reid disappears at the same time; and there would be a narrated quote at the beginning and end of the story, another CM factor left out that wouldn't have hurt the story if included.

The ending seemed pretty rushed and was too soon, like you had a good beginning, then a nice build-up, but no real climax, and then the end. Why were the agents simply let loose after Morgan was recovered enough? The citizens of Springwood work so hard to keep Krueger their secret so he won't spread and cause mayhem in other towns, yet Morgan and Emily have both had Freddy nightmares, and I've always thought that meant Krueger could always access their minds if he wanted to. The only reason I can come up with that they'd let the CM team go despite this is that they were given Hypnocil, but it would have been nice to know this to be certain.

Also, I noticed the lack of a very important part of the CM team's job. Their job is to use evidence to go inside a criminal's mind to create a profile they can use to identify a criminal. Once they have a possible suspect, they try to see if the profile fits. Basically, their job is to understand how a criminal thinks by understanding his life, and this leads them to catch the criminal in the end. Though there's no way for them to catch Freddy, they still would have had Penelope do digging on Freddy's life before his death. They would have used this information to at least believe they understand him. Another thought is that after they did this, maybe they (not just Morgan, but the whole team: Hotch, Rossi, JJ, Emily, and Reid too) could have teamed up with the Dream Warriors/Police to defeat Freddy like in the Nightmare movies. Then they leave at this time of peace, with their plane flying back home, with a quote being narrated. This would have had a good mix of elements from both franchises, and the agents would have left with a solved case like they always do.

In conclusion, this was a good story, yet it doesn't live up to its potential. I hope you make a revision of this, filling in a climax using the crossover you have here, and also filling in all the elements you missed. After such revisions will this story come closer to meeting its potential as what could be an epic story.
10/9/2010 c3 DeenaSoraDrake
So far I'm liking the story, but I find myself wondering where Hotch and Penelope are. You mentioned them in your beginning disclaimer, so I thought you were going to use them. I've seen enough Criminal Minds to tell that Hotch always goes with the team on their field outings, and I'm pretty sure they would have notified Penelope to do some record digging about Springwood by now, as it seems the team agrees that something seems off about how the people of Springwood seem to know what's going on, but don't want outside help. I'll read on, hoping to see Hotch and Penelope, as it's not the Criminal Minds family without them. :)
7/23/2010 c8 46imdrowninginfootwear
Great story! I never would of thought of combining nightmare on elme street and criminal minds. I just read the whole story throught and it was really good! Please don't get mad at me for this, but I'm a little confused with a few things. I had trouble figuring out who you were talking about with the dream police because I couldn't remember the names. Also you used he, she, him, and her a lot so I wasn't able to figure out who you were talking about some of the time. Finally, I'm not sure if this one is accurate but it seemed like you kept switching one of the guys' names back and forth inbetween Rick and Rod, correct me if I'm wrong. Sorry for the negativity I really loved your story and despite my confusion the story still flowed and mostly made sense :) I am so glad that you didn't kill Morgan! Thanks for the awesome story! :)
5/24/2010 c1 7Jack Barakitten
I love how you did this! I quite like this story x)
3/14/2010 c8 Thundarr The Barbarian
I really liked this story. It was well written, you seemed to have the personalities of all the CM characters down pat. And you resisted the urge to turn Freddy into a wise cracking clown, something New Line Cinema has failed at for about twenty years or so now.

While I apreciate you wanting to use characters from the movies to maintain story continuity, I personally would have gone with characters who have actually SURVIVED the monie franchise. Rod was killed in the first film. Nancy dies in Part 3. Kincaid, Joey, and Kristen died in Part 4. The only characters you used that were technically still usable were Alice and her son Jacob.

And on a side note, I think more of the BAU team should have had encounters with Freddy in their dreams. Certainly Reed, as he's the youngest and closest to Freddy's preferred victim. Also he has a near phobic fear of the dark, and issues with his mothers mental illness (which he has a 50/50 chance of inheriting).

But those are just little things really. Other than that, good job.
12/1/2009 c8 33Nymphadora-CullenBAU
So, out of the entire BAU team, only Morgan had the nightmares with Freddy, and more than once, too. (Emily had only one dream). But why Morgan? Kreuger could've gone for any other member of the team; they all have their bad dreams: Hotch and his father, family and the Reaper, Prentiss and Cyrus, JJ and Henry's safety, Reid and Hankel, the drugs, the anthrax and becoming like his mom... I dunno what Rossi would be scared of, maybe his ex wives, and a few old unsubs...

Great story. Will there be another one? Maybe the dreams follow Morgan home...
1/1/2009 c8 18Hotstreak's crossover stories
ah'm happy that the dream warrior didn't die
8/18/2008 c8 Sue1313
That was so good. I am glad that Morgan understood what was happening. You did a good job on this story.
8/11/2008 c7 Sue1313
OMG, I hope that Morgan will be OK. The Dream Team should have opened up to them and told them everything so as not to put their lives in danger.
7/23/2008 c6 Sue1313
Wow! I am so glad the have opened up to the BAU, now they can help.
7/22/2008 c5 Sue1313
I will be happy when everybody wakes up and is able to talk about what is going on. It is so interesting. I look forward to more.
17 Page 1 2 Next »