FanFiction.Net
for A Son's Loss

2/14/2012 c1 117princessebee
Powerful finish! Bittersweet and full of sorrow!
11/2/2010 c1 24Wolf Prime
This little fic was awesome... And sad T^T this scene of Hellboy first movie is very tragic... I could think what Hellboy was feeling for the lost of his "father"...

Excellent story! You really caught the emotion on it!
1/1/2010 c1 65Nightcrawler's Shadow
Simply heartwarming yet heartbreaking. That's the only way to describe it.
8/24/2008 c1 ShadowbladeMaliki
hey i think they shoulda hired you to write the novelisation of the movie :P
8/12/2008 c1 5Lunnaei
This is one of those pieces that is so deep, so full, that you have to take a moment to absorb it before putting words to how it made you feel.

That was amazing. Moving and so full of emotion. You can feel his dread as he heads home and your heart breaks with his as he cradles his father's body to him. This was absolutely wonderful. Keep up the great work.
7/26/2008 c1 28TheShadowCat
Very nice insight of how things happened from Red's point of view.
7/21/2008 c1 7PriestessOfFreya
Great job on this one. I've felt very emotional on this one.

Keep up the good work.
7/21/2008 c1 WhoMe
AUGH! *cries* Woman, you are killing ME! My mascara is long gone, and that final blow, about wanting to be held once again in the arms that were forever stilled... AUUGHH! *sniff*
7/21/2008 c1 7jelibeanne
Words to express how well written this story is seem trite and superfluous, but the emotion just pours off the page (screen?). The way his heart shatters... it just twists the reader up inside. I wish I could express myself as eloquently as you write - especially this story - but I must thank you for posting this... and making me tear up.
7/21/2008 c1 cornfields1
I could really see the whole scene unfolding, music and all. I think there's a universal feeling of numbness after you lose someone you really love. I can imagine Hellboy was a trainwreck of emotions in the days after, but when he falls to his knees and holds his father's body, there's any number of thoughts running through his head. You can almost see all the emotion building inside him as he's trying to absorb the fact that his father is gone... and he's lost the man that's always been there for him, since the very beginning.

Thanks Beth, you are so amazing.
7/21/2008 c1 226Zaedah
Oh dearest... thank you for expounding on one of my personal favorite scenes. The cinematography used in that shot of HB falling on knees was beautiful but no match for your words, as usual.
7/21/2008 c1 4Yukiko-sama
Wow. This is a real heart-wrencher (sp?) at the end. I'll admit, I had the flowing tears of sadness creepin' up my eyes.

Poor Red. It's just so sad. -.- I miss Dr. Broom. What a guy. And HB was out worrying about his girl and then he winds up losin' his dad and the whole, "omg, we're not really talking to each other b/c I'm mad at him" thing. So sad. that's like piles of regret/angst. I'm glad you grasped the moment in a short fiction. Seeing HB's thoughts brings the readers so much closer to his character. Very good job. :)