for Another Brother

7/28/2008 c2 fairmon10
Good stuff! I wonder how the whole tribe would react if Zuko firebended. Maybe Sokka would change his mind. And is Aang going to be in this story? Update soon!

fairmon
7/28/2008 c2 2Bluetiger
Yay, another chapter. :D

Once again there are so many things I love about the way you write, whether it's the descriptions of the scenery or the logic behind the funeral practices of the different nations, it's all so well thought out. The reason's that you have given Hakoda, for believing himself partly reponsible for the Fire Nation attack, seemed quite original, and yet totally fit with what we know. :)

I was going to suggest that you had Katara and Sokka a little OOC, because, in canon at least, it seems that Katara is very slow to forgive, while Sokka seems to be able to drop personal grudges in an instant. However, the more I read, the more I came to appreciate that your understanding of the characters is deeper than mine, and that Katara is always trusting of new people (sometimes to the point of being gullible), while Sokka is naturally more cautious. :)

I hope you will be able to update this story from time to time ('In His Shoes' allowing), because I am really enjoying it. =)
7/28/2008 c2 10OveractiveImagination39
I was just thinking abot this story and how you said you probably wouldn't update too quickly - and then another chapter appears! I am so enjoying this story. The characters are very real and their reactions are honest. I liked the siblings reactions to Zuko and was glad that the boys worked it out.

One thing I was curious about was whether or not Zuko would ever get his voice back or is he permanetly mute? So much emotion to keep bottled up without being about to scream about it. Poor kid.

I look forward to the next chapter and the possible firebending. It will beinteresting to see people's reactions, especially Zuko's.
7/26/2008 c1 Kate
Oh... very intriguing. Zuko's woobiness taken up a notch... and he's a real survivor - that's why we like him so much. So, I'm totally hooked. (I just hope you didn't kill Iroh. Getting him out of picture makes sense, but...)
7/25/2008 c1 laughingst
awesome!
7/25/2008 c1 11Sumhope
I LOVED every word... please please please update soon. The plot is so original... im liking it alot!
7/24/2008 c1 Given Up
Interesting plot you've got here. I've never read anything like this, and I hope you finish it...eventually of course. I can't help but wonder how much less angsty Zuko would be with such an unusual "second" chance. Definitely opens a ton of doors, so I'm more than a little curious to see where you take this. Thanks a ton for the chapter!
7/24/2008 c1 10OveractiveImagination39
Wow, I'm glad that I checked your profile or I would have missed this story. I love the plot and can't wait for more. This was a very touching chapter and extremely well written. I enjoyed the interaction between Zuko and Hakoda. It will be interesting to se how the 'kids' react to Zuko.
7/23/2008 c1 1Pepipanda
Yes! It tried to review this earlier, but it didn't work.

Anyway, I like this fic. The idea of Zuko joining the Water Tribe sounds good, and considering his selective amnesia, this shouldn't be *too* hard. How did his neck get cut? The decision to make him mute was an interesting one. It will greatly impact his life for the rest of the story, but how, well, I'll just have to wait and see.

I'm glad that you had Hakoda unable to kill a child. It makes him very human and makes the story possible. He is still trying to keep his tribe safe and whole and seems to be a good and well respected leader. The boomerang will help him to make friends with Sokka when they get home. I like how he was recognized by one of the Fire Nation men when they were boarded. It helps the story fit together.

Please keep going with this fic!
7/23/2008 c1 lex lennox
WOW! I love this frist chaper I can't wait to see what happen in the story line! This very well writen and well worded.. Please when can updeat..

Lex Lennox
7/23/2008 c1 305Omnicat
Oh, good mother of squee, and here I thought I couldn't love your writing any MORE. *wibbles*

(Will Zuko ever start talking again? God knows his usual voice is gravelly enough to pull off some scarred vocal chords. XD; )
7/22/2008 c1 8onescape
I love the idea in the middle of the post-finale Zutara madness. Although not totally original (I have a feeling I read a variation on it already), your execution of it is thorough, rich in detail and feels well-rounded and thankfully, not just like you're biding your time until you get to the 'good' (shipping) parts. The characterizations and interactions are lifelike and believable.

That said, I am a bit of a grammar nazi, so I found a few things you probably looked over when revising - I won't list the places and order of occurrence, you probably know where they are: synched - I think you meant 'cinched' (at the waist), rouge (ship) - rogue (ship), fest (victory) - feast (victory), I think?, relived - relieved, stylis - stylus, executing (pain) - excruciating (pain), I suppose. All considered, still an A+. I realize it's sort of unsexy to spoil a review with comments like that, I can't help it - I just feel that if a story is that good, there's no reason why it couldn't be perfect, grammatically-wise.

I haven't read the other story of yours you mentioned, will have to check it out :)
7/22/2008 c1 14ardy1
Ah, I do hope you intend to go further with this - it reminds me a bit of the "tempest in a teacup" of a well-established writer in this fandom. The writing, well less formulaic, is still quite well-done. Better, in my own mind, is the character interaction.

But, frankly, this is nothing without the contrast to Hakoda's living son and the contrasts between the two. How you manage that effectively will require, of course, Hakoda's absence. And that opens a whole interesting kettle of worms.
7/22/2008 c1 lazyguy90
No! Non regular updates? Oh well, as long as you do update this fic, I'll be happy. This is fantastic! Love the idea of this fic, keep at it! It's too cool not to update. Haha, is Zuko gonna be with Sokka and Katara when they discover Aang in the iceberg? That would be pretty cool!
7/22/2008 c1 12blonde-gal
Ah, this is really really good. It is very original. But I have to ask is Zuko still Ozai's son? Because I think he would remember that. Oh, is Katara going to discover her water bending healing powers by healing Zuko's vocal cords so he can talk? Anyway, brillant writing. I can't wait for more. Update Soon!
5,135 « Prev Page 1 .. 331 338 339 340 341 342 .. Last Next »