FanFiction.Net
for Hellboy Haikus

8/2/2008 c1 3jwhittacre
Despite their simplicity, these are all quite good, and even powerful. I love the one bout Abe - the way the details are without emotion until the last line. I think it captures very well the sense of waking up, confused, and then being hit with fear. The one about Liz is also very strong - 'all she touches dies'. I also really like the one about Hellboy, and about Trevor. I can't pick a favorite. Very nice, and a fun read!
7/27/2008 c1 7jelibeanne
I must say that the haikus pertaining to Professor Broom and Abe just hit me hard. Powerful and vivid, despite the brevity of words. All of them are wonderful, giving the reader a window in the characters' lives that you instantly see even though the descriptions are sparse. Excellent use of word frugality.

Thanks for sharing!
7/26/2008 c1 28TheShadowCat
Very nice.
7/26/2008 c1 226Zaedah
I agree with the last reviewer that it makes 'a good marriage' indeed. But the line that got me was this one:

'an unknown self'

As I watched the scene I think that goes with, I could feel that 'stranger's face' emotion pouring out. And this little line captured it exactly. How many different ways can I continue to thank you for showing this category full of 'new characters' how it's really done? That you stay true keeps me coming back!
7/26/2008 c1 NobodyKnows42
A good marriage indeed, and a good set of haikus. Excellent descriptions for word limits that are so small.

Keep up the good work! :)

-Ivy-
7/26/2008 c1 12Shilom
I love these! They're great and they really capture the characters, well done!