for Artemis Fowl: The Book of Ages

1/1/2014 c45 NeverTooMuchInspiration
Nicely written and nicely resolved. I would have liked to see No1 and Qwan have somehow survived as well, which would have made the ending even a bit smoother than the one here, but this works fine and the theory is certainly an interesting one. I greatly enjoyed reading about the alternate world and the way you tweaked their characters in the other timeline. Thank you for writing and posting this story!
12/28/2013 c45 dragolf
you know with a twist here a push there and this could replace the last book in the series. i know id have rather read this then what they have now kinda ties everything together in my opinion
11/17/2013 c45 7Frosty Wolf
Interesting, shame you never posted a sequel, but it was still a good read overall.
11/6/2013 c9 Personaddict07
Dang man! Awesome. Emc squared! They (time) traveled at the speed of light didn't they? ... i don't see how the theory of relativity fits here but...

I guess I'll just read the next chap to find out. I like the little tidbits of trivia here and there GMontag! :)
11/6/2013 c8 Personaddict07
Arty dead? Nah... Not even the Grim Reaper can kill the genius Mud Boy. He'll find a way to cheat death somehow. He did it in the Last Guardian anyway...

P.S Just where is he gonna find a clone wherever they are...
11/5/2013 c7 Personaddict07
Hmm... Hunter is Artemis Fowl I suppose? I liked this chapter and the fact that Holly is a now and Root is alive. Haha. Where's Mulch and Foaly I wonder? And the Butlers too.

P.S. It might have been better if Artemis Fowl just stayed Artemis. I know that Artemis is the Greek goddess of the Hunt but well... *shrug*

P.S.S Good chapter! The Real world or Alternate Reality as I like to call it seems very... dark. :)
11/5/2013 c6 Personaddict07
Mwahaha! I laughed out loud when I read the time-traveling-no-clothes-scene in the Time Paradox but I LoL'd here too! Haha. Go Trouble Kelp!
11/5/2013 c4 Personaddict07
Oh great! Opal again. Haha. She just features as the antagonist in every even numbered book... 2,4,6 & 8. :) Just how many times will Fowl save the world (and underworld) from this deranged pixie. Haha.
11/5/2013 c3 Personaddict07
Your story is one of the best I have read in the Artemis Fowl category. I like it that you don't make the characters "off" like some stories here do. Also the fact that your plot isn't rushed. Your grammar is good too. All in all what people look for in a fanfic. :) Good job!
10/27/2013 c1 3silverridge1739
Wow that is so amazing! It's almost like it's actually the real books! I can't wait to read more!
Keep writing!
9/26/2013 c45 bluesargayent
Brilliant story! So sad to see it end!
8/9/2013 c8 Midori
yeah! it just keeps getting better! this guy could teach eoin a thing or two! GMontag you crazy genius, if we ever meet, im giving you a bro hug!
8/7/2013 c1 Midori
so far its better than eoin colfers' and better than any other AF fanfic iv read thus far, im really liking this guys work.
7/30/2013 c45 1M. N. Nep
Eh, I know I'm leaving a review on a fic three years old, but having just finished, here are my thoughts on some things.

First, you may as well have called "Hunter" Artemis from the beginning because it was pretty obvious who the codename was meant to reflect ("Artemis the Hunter, I Hunted You"). Putting the Jon Spiro scene next to his intro made it way too easy. Credit given where credit due though, I'll give you "Dmetri Miasky" - took me a while to realize that it was an anagram of "My Artemis Kid". Speaking of which, Jon Spiro never appeared again. I'm guessing the overall plan got changed sometime after the chapter was written.

I also expected Hunter and Artemis to interact more than they did. In the end, they never even got to have a proper face to face talk even though Holly got more than a few with her counterpart... speaking of which, you'd think Lt. Col. Short's established abhorrence of "mud scum" would drive her away from making bargains with them (not to mention that mutant batshit of pixie origin).

On the same note, Butler's absence was sorely noted. I imagine he would have some qualms about separating from Artemis. Would a reason why Butler had to stay behind, while two-weeks-worth of supplies could make it across, be so difficult to provide?

Not too much of a fan of randomly offing No1 and Qwan at the end either. Seemed a bit of a cop-out and pointless since the logic behind it was "extra lives caused the paradox"... and having just Lt. Col. Holly, Kutnall and Gerouny doesn't cover it when EVERY OTHER DEMON on Hybras survives. By that logic, the extra demon lives should've exploded the timeline into pieces. I could stomach it if it was just Holly's life having a significant influence on the timeline.

It also wasn't too clear, but I'm guessing Gerouny was responsible for the timestop back at Mount Khuzdul and for poking someone during the prison entry. No explanation was really given for why Artemis was seeking to prolong the war by keeping Foaly alive either - I surmise it involved making money off the war through selling nuclear reactors or weapons, although I don't think it was explicitly stated.

Most of the characters (bar Butler, who I mentioned already) were pretty in-character allowing for the circumstances of the alternate timeline, although I'm not sure that Holly was ever that ignorant of human currency. I'm also not too sure she'd be so put off by skimming cash from a hopefully-to-be-nonexistent-bank either, given that (among other things) she's demolished buildings before with less restraint. Artemis does use "uh" and other "non-word" words at points, but otherwise seems better written than in most fics. The OCs weren't very fleshed out, but I guess they didn't really need to be - Coleman was pretty much another Arno Blunt and Piers and Kastrati were Pex and Chips 2.0 Now With Upgraded Processing Power.

All in all, this was a pretty good read and one of the best AF fics I've read yet. The logic towards the end might've been a bit iffy but the ending was pretty solid. Could even have been future-proof for the later books if not for the useless demon-warlock-killing-spree right at the end!
7/13/2013 c45 Pyrophoricity
That was amazing,i totaly love reading your bonus book of artemis fowl ... because seriously, you made a alternate book And that's just amazing and really well made !
Thanks a lot for all the work you've put in it. It is ... put any compliment, i havn't any vocabulary to thank you for it ;)
thanks again !