for Winner Takes All

3/27/2017 c1 Guest
This is hands down, my favorite passions fanfic. I wish the author would have completed it:-)
7/5/2013 c26 3SkinTheKat
Anonymous Guest Shuis Fan:

I respectfully disagree with you that JERk ever wanted to do anything more with Sheridan than make her a romantic obstacle to Lancy. IMO, his less sympathetic treatment of Sheridan was influenced by three factors:

He had become bored with Shuis. He did not find McKenzie Westmore's Sheridan as appealing after she had aged and become a mother. More disturbing for me to watch was that his writing exhibited a sick, twisted sexual fascination with Emily Harper as Fancy. JERk was actively engaged in mutating Sheridan from a Disney Princes into a Disney Witch. It was only fear of a backlash from Shuis devotees that kept JERk from making Sheridan the new Beth.

Personally, I have never cared for JERk's simplistic, circular plotlines that he kept regurgitating in order to keep his characters static and incapable of growth. I have tried to touch on how SHUIS shared an intense physical attraction and a passionate attachment to each other, but both were romantic idealists in their own way who angered and disappointed each other a lot.

This fic is NOT designed to have Gwen and Sheridan swap places, so that Sheridan becomes the Disney Witch and Gwen becomes the Disney Princess. In fact, the goal of this chapter, "The Portal" is to highlight the parallels between them both as two young women who get to learn that Love may be the Great Transformer, but not necessarily for the better.

My decision to write Sheridan walking a mile in Gwen's shoes (seeing the love of her life that she had invested so many years in reject her for another woman) came more from a Gwencentric perspective. Viewers were never allowed to invest in Gwethan the way they were Shuis, so they did not understand why Gwen could not walk away from a man she had loved and been basically betrothed to since adolescence. She was simply thrown in as an obstacle to the Fate of Twu Wuv with ET.

Sheridan serves two dramatic purposes in this fic. She is therapeutic to Gwen, because Gwen can see how obstinately hanging on to a dead love is destroying Sheridan's pride and dignity thus forcing her to look more honestly at herself where Ethan is concerned. Sheridan also is a surrogate who can voice Gwen's pain over losing her long-time love to a more sympathetic audience (who had invested in Shuis themselves).

If you perceive (even with a certain amount of alarm) that Sheridan is emerging as a true Crane, then I am gratified. I always thought that Sheridan was too much of a classic victim; a little too fragile, a little too invested in having a fairy tale relationship with a white knight hero type, and needed to toughen up. I know that Sheridan's actions right now are horrifying you, but I hope that they will become more understandable to you as time goes by. And I believe (or at least I hope) you will love the Phoenix that rises from the ashes of Disney Princess.
11/22/2012 c29 4David Fishwick
Cool and please update soon thanks.
5/27/2012 c29 Victoria
Great job! keep up the amzaing job with this story, i'm so happy that Jane is going to be fine, I just dont want nothing bad to happen to Jane or Jenny.
5/26/2012 c29 3SkinTheKat
Hi. Sorry this took so long, but I was blocked until I realized that I needed to simply revise the chapter before it and change and add a few minor things to set up Jane's accident a little better. So, please skim through the last chapter so you won't be confused about the beginning of this one. I think you will like it a lot better since it is more fleshed out.

Will try to get another one up as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience.
2/23/2012 c28 girl-with-the-blue-scarf
Yay! another chapter! please keep writing!
2/23/2012 c28 4Kattara
THAT WAS AWESOME! ANOTHER CHAPTER ANOTHER CHAPTER ANOTHER CHAPTER PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE lol
2/3/2012 c27 Hope'sLanding19
This Story Is Awesome!
10/24/2011 c27 girl-with-the-blue-scarf
Oh my god! you are awesome for updating this! please continue to do so!
10/24/2011 c27 Victoria
Great job, cant wait for the next update!
8/21/2011 c26 Guest
I think you're doing an amazing job even though I'm more a Shuis and Foah fan and when passions made Sheridan a TRUE Crane I hated it.I wish Gwen and Theresa would both FULLY move on and let the feuding and competitions go completely the just replaced the Ethan competition with the girls.Update Soooooooon Please
8/10/2011 c26 desmondmarie
loved it! hope you continue to write more of the story.
8/7/2011 c26 girl-with-the-blue-scarf
I'm so glad you updated this! please continue to do so! I can't wait to see what happens!
8/1/2011 c26 Victoria
Great job, can't wait for the next chapter, and Hopefully nothing bad happens to Jane or Jenny
6/7/2011 c26 Princesakarlita411