for The Man Who Laughs

7/10/2009 c1 BakerStreetIsLastRefugeOfHope
A great story. Very good.
9/21/2008 c1 25Lorien Urbani
Seriously, Otto, this is one of the best stories you have written so far! Very insightful, shocking in the sense that it hits you, sobers you up, you know? Really, so well, well written.

The Joker's background has always been a mystery. Some authors have shed some light on his life, but he's remained a mystery. You kept that and I really like that, and I appreciate it. You revealed to us how he wanted to be a comedian and what was the moment when he snapped, really snapped, but the rest of him is an enigma. Cool! I love your characterization of him, told from 3 different POVs: very clever move. We are told about him from three different people. It felt like collecting pieces of evidence about the Joker, I really loved that. Loved it!

I also like your choice of POVs, cause through the eyes of a policeman, a criminal and Batman himself, I really got to see three sides of Joker, and these three sides, IMO, actually are the main constituents of him. Well done!

You presented him as he is. Having read your one-shot, I really think there should be a movie called "The Joker". He's one of the most intriguing criminals in fiction and you presented him perfectly.

The last scene with Batman was awesome.

"But am I as strong the next time?" What an ending! The Joker really has influence on people, be it morbid curiosity or a wish to kill him.

Brilliant! I loved every bit of it, every bit!

P.S. I find it REALLY interesting that he had a wife, I mean, he was actually, for a time, capable of sharing his life with someone else. But still, he concealed his identity even from her, right? His co-workers knew him under a different name. What's really interesting is that he "flirted" when he was already the Joker. I thought the Joker didn't see women as women. What I'm trying to say is, I find it kind of cool that he "interacted" with women. I'm sure he finds some unique pleasure typical of him in that too. Bravo, again! Cheers!

Desktop Mode . Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service