for A Matter of Hours

3/6 c3 2Skyboy91
Embroidery indeed! Good one Taran.

A fitting end to the three chapters...your writing throughout is so Lloyd-esque: Taran's inner world that feels so familiar, and Eilonwy's manner, emotions and words are so perfectly in character. Again, it just rings true.

As much as I love "The Scion," I would love to see your take someday of this whole post -HK period.

Lovely story! I'm glad you pointed it out.
3/6 c2 Skyboy91
Another wonderful look into Taran's head here, and how his feelings for Eilonwy grew over time. Such a great summary of that whole emotional part of his life. And yes, the campfire scene is so vivid, emotional and humorous, it just about pops off the page into your head. One of those scenes that ought to be in the movie, if there was justice in the world.

Also, so nice how Eilonwy's words the night before helped drive his decison to stay...I think this was in your other story of this time as well.
3/6 c1 Skyboy91
I loved this. The feel of it rings so true...the departure of the companions, the bright sun and joy, over such loss and sadness. The reality of each other, and the excitement of their future together, being the only way they could bear it.

Such wonderful dialogue between the two here, and I appreciated how much time you spent in Taran's head. You're quite comfortable there, seeing Eilonwy through his eyes and emotions.

Looking forward to the rest!
7/9/2018 c3 AccountKiller101010101010101
Eilonwy's catchphrase gets me laughing sometimes.
4/27/2017 c3 7Elen-Di
-fans self- I think I need a cold shower after Taran and his wicked grins. Embroidery indeed!
4/27/2017 c2 Elen-Di
I think you are well within your right to giggle incontrollably. I am giggling and squee-ing myself. The fluff is SO satisfying, you have no idea. And the gaps getting filled in.
2/14/2014 c2 Mestra
I love that you show us a scene both right before and right after Taran and Eilonwy declare themselves. Firstly, it's so nice to see the way lovers interact after they've declared themselves, since so many writers only concern themselves with the chase. Secondly, the campfire scene is GOLD. Hands down one of the funniest things I've ever read. I also really like that you highlight the way the two of them are good for one another and the ways they've changed each other, that it's not just simple attraction but a truly loving and wonderful dynamic.
7/25/2011 c3 2u r awesome
this was incredible! I loved it! i love how your stories match the series! I know you haven't updated in a while but i was wondering if you were going to write more stories because your stories are great! are you going to write more? i hope you do! This was funny and one of my favorites! And the ending was hilarious!
12/8/2010 c3 12Allow Me To Speak
Of course, regardless of Taran's status, he is Taran of Caer Dallben. And always will be. ;D
12/8/2010 c1 Allow Me To Speak
JustBeforeTheDawn from DA.

I love it. I will admit, the part that had me really laughing was the "attack of noble obligation". I have NEVER heard it described quite like that before, and it was simply perfect. *laughs*

For a moment, I was wondering how I would feel about the story - don't take offense at this, I'm just particular about what I read - but I love the way you write. It flows nicely, it has wonderful dialogue and great description, and you don't get sidetracked. I especially love your use of vocabulary. ;)
10/13/2010 c3 Joseph De Cristofaro
this is again another work of art. your stories never cease to amaze me with their creativity and their loyalty to the details untold in the chronicles.
9/13/2010 c3 4nudgepleaseshutup
I know this is an older story but it's so wonderful I had to review. I absolutley love this story, well done your an amazing author.
12/29/2009 c3 aerinbrown
It's been too long since I've read the Prydain Chronicles; I truly love those characters. Thank you for bringing them to life again for me with some much appreciated fluff! I love your stories.
12/10/2008 c3 Lleu
The one problem I had with the Prydain Chronicles is that Mr. Alexander gave us no way to cope with the ending. I cry like a baby every time I read of the separation of the companions. This, I believe, gives it the closure it needs, (though if Einlonwy had also left, I think I would have died of grief, closure or no).

You did a very excellent job at portraying the characters, though I suppose that's not hard, given how vivid they already are. Taran seemed slightly off from my image though, if you know what I mean. The first few paragraphs of the first chapter were almost exactly what was going through my mind when I first finished the series.

My only complaint is simply that you are not Lloyd Alexander. Keep up the good work.
11/9/2008 c3 Lealfaithful
AW! this was so cute! loved it! and i DID find myself in a giggle fit afterwards, awkward much? anyways, great job!

Stay happiful