FanFiction.Net
for One Step Closer

10/9/2008 c1 221L.M.Lewis
I love how you use a little incident to illustrates a point in time in the relationship very vividly. You've definitely captured the feel of early-the whole uncertainty about going upstairs into Hardcastle's private domain. And that's a very nice touch with the older man holding his thumb further away to try and get a better look at the offending splinter. The wonderful multiple meanings of "I won’t hurt you, Hardcase. Really, I won’t." And then there's Mark's distraction technique-always the fast patter-it's perfectly in character.
9/28/2008 c1 17JeanneZ84
I never realized there were so many ways and Ideas of how to do or in doing "Trust"stories but I truly love reading everyone of them.

Milt and Mark do learn to trust each other very early.

I really liked it so much that the judge actually trusted Mark enough to get that splinter out for him.

I really do like these challenge stories.

JeanneZ84
9/28/2008 c1 44Jaz22
This was a very nice look at their early relationship! I can picture Mark's hesitance to venture to far forth into the judge's private world, knowing he hadn't yet been invited. The judge's reluctance to allow him to help was very in character, right down to the petulant 'No.' And I loved the bit about the best hands in the tri-state area!

Very nicely done, and welcome to the world of fanfic! Write more, please!
9/28/2008 c1 152cheride
A nice look at a simple opportunity to display some trust. I think the part I like best though, is showing McC's hesitation about just charging up the stairs into a man's private domain. It's those little peeks at adjusting to each other that I really like to see.

Thanks for posting; I'm always glad to see new folks venturing into the fold. :-)
9/28/2008 c1 343owlcroft
Oh, I do like this story! You took a commplace enough little incident and made it a beautiful example of the point at hand. Nice balance of dialogue and action, showing a good feel for the characters. Very well done! Please write more!