for Alexandra Quick and the Lands Below

10/28/2016 c16 Maria
Damn. Damn damn damn. I knew Alex would have to face her father eventually... but for Max to help set this up! Both a shock and yet not, which is a sign of marvelous writing indeed.
10/28/2016 c15 Mariagoner
Damn, all the Thorns have more than a little Dark about them, eh? No wonder it's so easy to demonize them as evil...

And oh, Anna think that Alex is being abused by her new boyfriend makes so much sense! Even if it alienated her from Alex momentarily, I'm glad she's looking out for her friend so much... as much as Alex looks out for her, in fact. Strong female friendships need to be written and celebrated more!
10/28/2016 c14 Mariagoner
Oh geeze, Darla is going to think Alex is about to have some sort of saucy love affair with Max, huh?

And man, you're going to break my heart with Max, I just know it. He can be aggravating sometimes but he's still such a good big brother to Alex!
10/28/2016 c13 Mariagoner
I must say, I'm COMPLTELY bowled over by Alexandra having so many siblings... and really, not being THE daughter of Thorn but only one of many. It's a fascinating way to play around with the whole "Chosen One" dynamic in children's literature and it's interesting to think of her with siblings who she might both support and fight in the future. I can't wait to meet the others eventually!
10/28/2016 c12 Maria
Damn. Daaaaamn. No wonder Max is so much like Alex in his unswerving devotion to finding the truth. And I thought that Max was a double-agent but had no idea he would be THIS close to Alex. Can't wait to see that develop!
10/28/2016 c11 Maria
Alex has the makings of a great leader inside her. She just needs to harness it for good, not... stubbornness!
10/28/2016 c10 Maria
It's clear that while Alex might be rebellious and hard-headed and a sometimes hard-to-root-for-heroine (how often she loves shooting herself in the foot!), she's clearly a kind and brave person at heart. Also, loved hearing about the timeline... so this is over 10 years after the end of Harry Potter, eh? I wonder if she'll ever meet up with any of the canon characters...?
10/28/2016 c9 Maria
You are an EXPERT at crafting wonderful cliffhangers and building intense suspense. Amazing!
10/28/2016 c8 Maria
Maximilian is most definitely a narc, isn't he? Anyway, good to know Alex still has all her critical thinking skills in tow and knows what a group of creepy losers the Dark Arts Club is. And I love what a parallel it is to Harry's DADA club as well! Very, very cool and low-key call backs to canon.
10/28/2016 c5 Maria
Oooh, a Thief's curse, eh? I can't wait to see that shake out...!

And poor Anna and Alexandra have been drafted into the students' army! I can already tell they aren't much meant for army life, although seeing them suffer is perversely interesting.
10/28/2016 c4 Maria
Love the idea of intense inter-cultural hatred between some wizarding societies! After all, how could they NOT clash at times, given the inevitable strife between their countries? Can't wait to see how you develop this!
10/27/2016 c2 Maria
Diana is... unnerving. In quite an extraordinary way.
10/5/2016 c37 1The L. MMonster
I spent the entire day obsessively reading this. I paid absolutely zero attention to all my classes, because I was too busy reading this on my cellphone. If I fail my tests, I will blame you! XD
9/17/2016 c37 baie-baie
Just found your series and started reading them. They're compelling, and brilliant, and gah! My heart is broken and stomped on after reading this fic. On to year three!
9/8/2016 c37 1lilianaflavia
Loved your second book as much as the first one,loved all the characters especially Max and his relationship with both Alexandra and Julia. The brotherly bond you depicted was amazing and it made me wish I had a brother. I hated it when he died,I could almost see it as a parallel between his death and Sirius's,and it broke my heart. The world was described amazingly like usual. There are a few things I don't understand relationship with her father for example. I understand Alexandra for the most part,and her issues with him,but he is her parent,someone who loves her unconditionally. Sometimes for me at least,her reaction towards him is a bit too much. And I still don't understand why Darla wanted so much to go to the Lands Below,I don't really understand her turning Dark so fast. I do hope that you will continue this series because it's amazing,thank you for writing it.
928 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 .. Last Next »